PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday and New Year's Eve eve

Monique
December 30th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Holy moly quacamole so close to being a new year. Les and I didn't make it out yesterday, the weather was just awful. He has today off, as he got home at 4 am from work again this morning. He works at a bar, if you didn't know. SO, today will be the day we get our supplies for New Year's. SEAFOOD!! Amongst other things as well.

I did get into the sewing room yesterday and quilted another table runner but I don't like how some of it came out so I think I will rip it back a little and try to fix those spots that are awful.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Iris Girl
December 30th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Morning all. Today the snow has stopped and I get to go to work. Last day of work for this year. Nothing planned for new years eve. We stay in so we are not in danger of drunken drivers. I did get hubbys quilt top pieced , now to wait for the backing. Have a great day all.

Bubby
December 30th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the sweet wishes about our Olive. We met with our vet yesterday and worked out a plan to keep her as comfortable as possible until the end. Realistically we are looking at 3 weeks to 3 months. Our goal is no pain and quality of life for as long as possible.

I understand that not everyone is a true pet "lover" and they can't possibly understand the depth of a pet lovers connection to their pets that are part of our families. We have many true pet lovers here and your words have meant so much to us. Jeff took today off so he can go into the woods with the Girls. Olive will ride and Dottie will walk...this is their favorite thing to do with Jeff and it means a lot to him also.

Did I miss a day...isn't tomorrow New Years Eve?

Wishing everyone a good day....Hugs

bhaggerty
December 30th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Good Morning! Hope you are all staying warm!
My DH is so excited about all of the football games this weekend.
Not sure what we will have on New Years. Around here black eyes peas are the tradition, but no one in my family likes them much. My German Heritage always makes me so think we need pork, but no one likes sauerkraut either. Maybe some pork ribs?
Barb, I am glad Jeff could take the girls out to the woods. It will be good for them all! Praying for you all!

cv quilter
December 30th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Good morning. Cold and gloomy here, but the sun has fully come up yet, I guess. Hope all have a safe and happy New Year's Eve tomorrow. Be careful out there.

Barb, I am glad that you and Jeff have met with the vet and that you feel comfortable with your plan for sweet Olive. Love her and treasure her for as long as you can. I can say that I know how you are feeling. We are almost 3 months with our little Snickers who was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma. Had her spleen removed and the prognosis for this disease is not good. We are hoping she can beat the odds and that we can have her even longer. We have also discussed end of life for her with the vet. It will be a sad time, but we love her and hug her as much as we can for now. I know there are a lot of furry friend lovers out there who do understand how you are feeling.

Ginny B
December 30th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Good morning. Haven't had a chance to get here much this week so thought I'd pop in and say hi and Happy New Year's Eve eve. :) Been a fairly quiet week at work but busy at home since we are still doing a couple of Christmas get-togethers this weekend. Been finishing up a few gifts and then I hope to get to play with my new machine either Sunday or Monday (or both :icon_bigsmile: ).

Barb, I've been thinking of you and keeping you and Jeff, Olive and Dottie in my prayers.

This evening and tomorrow will be busy times but I am really hoping for two consecutive days of just relaxing and doing whatever we feel like doing -- even if that's absolutely nothing. Heck, maybe I'll even stay in my pj's all day on New Year's Day.

Have a good Friday everyone.

SallyO'Sews
December 30th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Hi, Everyone!
I'm at work today (so I can't be here long)... We had our entire family here (10 children, 6 children-in-love, and 11 grands) for Christmas for the first time in 3 years, since DD and SIL were married in January 2014. Such a wonderful time! But I must admit I'm ready for a return to what I laughingly refer to as "normalcy" around here. DS#1 and crew are leaving tomorrow so we will have a farewell dinner with them tonight; tomorrow I have a ton of sewing to do, and plan to spend lots of quality time with the laundry machines.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, a safe, happy, and prosperous New Year, and many wonderful quilty hours doing what you love!

Love, hugs, and blessings,
~ Sally \0/

JCY
December 30th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Good morning ~ Cloudy here & in the 50's -- the last warm day for a while. I'm not looking forward to the polar plunge headed our way next week.

Yest. I finished pressing all the fabric I bought earlier in the week. I fussy cut the squares on the ABC's panel. It was designed to be a cloth book, but I chose to make a quilt from it. There weren't enough blocks, so I found some alphabet FQs in my stash. By sashing it, it will be large enough for a baby quilt. I broke open my Michael Miller "snow" (an off white) JR for the sashing. I'm disappointed in the quality. The fabric is quite thin & soft. I won't buy this one again. The white JR I normally buy was out of stock the day I bought this one. Anyway, it will look okay once it's all sewn together. I need to make more boy baby quilts, so this will fill the bill.

I got word this morning that long time friends of ours--the husb. (80) died of cancer last night in AZ. I had talked to his wife on Christmas Eve; at that time he was bedridden & total care. Hospice thought he wouldn't live till Christmas, but he made it 5 more days. He was diagnosed ~14 mos. ago with bile duct cancer. He's been at home with hospice care most of the past year. Until just recently, he still was getting around with help & by using the walker. We know he's home with Jesus.

Time to get on with my day.

Bubby
December 30th, 2016, 04:29 PM
I just got it Monique.....New Year's Eve Eve.....duh!

Anna Leigh
December 30th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Afternoon all!

I am so looking forward to the new year. Not that this year was awful. Eventful in some ways but not awful. I realized that if everything goes smoothly with my schooling I will be able to graduate in 2018 with an associates degree in marketing. I am excited about that. I am excited to be able to move out of my dreary department. I am hoping that the company that I am currently working for has room for me in their marketing department so I can get some experience under my belt.
I recently started house hunting. I have no clue why I started but I just did. I actually found a house that sparked my interest and when I inquired about it the realtor told me it had a bid on it. Bummed. I guess it was for the best since I am really not ready to make that move financially. Plus it seems silly to buy a house just because it is in my daughter's school district at a really good price especially when she only has one more year of high school left. Providence I guess.
Oh, we've been Gilmored. Since winter break started, I started binge watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix. I actually caught up with my daughter and now we have been watching it together. We both had to laugh at the irony that someone wrote a television show about our lives or better yet one that parallels our lives. I joked with the kiddo that when we got our own place, I am putting Gilmore on the mailbox.
The sewing and quilting front...its been slow. I find it ironic, when I was married a housewife I had all the time in the world to sew but no money to purchase any adorable fabrics. Now that I am divorced I have the money to buy all the adorable fabrics, etc. but I do not have the time to sew. So what I have decided to do was to make up kits as I go. I know it's weird but one day I will have oodles of time and well all those kits will be calling my name. "Anna make me into something!" In the mean time though I rather put the money back for getting into my own place.
The weather here well, its Ohio, and it can go from 0 to 60 and back within a few minutes or it seems like it can. Right now there is a light dusting of snow on the ground but prior to that it has been warm around here. I think the last time I wore my winter jacket was a couple of weeks ago.

Hope everyone has a happy New Year!

URIBARRI-MAYOR
December 30th, 2016, 11:06 PM
Hello good evening, for me it is a little late but I do not want to miss the chance to wish everyone in the forum a Happy 2017. This month I have not been very active in this thread but I have read it to know all of you. Bubby I am sorry Olive, I hope you enjoy the time you have left and then you will remember with a lot of affection, I had to take my 11 year old cat in November because I had not cure but I had a month at home giving him all the love and the pampering that I could, and still miss him. Wishing everyone a happy day I wish you in my language "Gabon eta Urte Berri On" Happy New Year

kimsophia
December 31st, 2016, 11:21 AM
Man, there must be something in the air...our cat, Snowy is expected to last two weeks, tops. The vet who sent her home with us thinks it is cancer. He said she wasn't suffering and wouldn't suffer. She is so old and frail. Her back legs stopped working yesterday so we have her on towels as she can't use the litter box. She survived the night but I'm not sure about today. We have her resting on her favorite recliner now. She's getting lots of love, of course.