PDA

View Full Version : Dust

Bee happy
December 29th, 2016, 05:28 PM
I am just beginning to straighten my bulging sewing room. It makes me a bit sad to see the dust on the dolls and fabrics on the top of the cabinet. I play I Spy with the dust in the corners and the tops of the tables. I have one extra table now since my DH moved all his office stuff to a table in the sewing room. Along with his favorite arm chair. Can't blamed since he was also part of the whirlwind that hit us during the past two years. Two daughters were divorced with no real fault on them. Lots of crying and mom time needed by both. One daughter needed to move into our down stairs "apt" with GD and GS. I was diagnosed with RA and asthma. You probably know the nasty drug that goes with that. Gained weight and lost some of my hair. Had to move all my things from downstairs and pack them up stairs and in the attic. Still don't know where my Christmas paper went? During of course of the past year and a half both girls remarried and a GD married. The daughter downstairs has moved out and will be back after the holidays to clean the rooms downstairs. I had to look at the dust on the tables and cabinet and find resolve to wipe it away and thank God for happy ending. I have only posted a few times but faithfully read your words of life and quilty wisdom. As this new year begins I am going to look forward and not see the dust of the past. Just the bright quilts and days of the to come. Thanks for listening. Gretchen

Caroline T.
December 29th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Sometimes life throws us so much that we just have to ignore the dust bunnies, both the ones on our table tops, and the ones in our hearts and souls. But when we see them and are ready to tackle them, then we know things have made a turn for the better. It sounds like your family has started to get control of those bunnies, and I pray that 2017 will continue to bring you and yours brighter and happier days.

Lacey
December 29th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Gretchen, how nice that in time things have become better for your family. Its amazing what a little bit of time and prayers can do to resolve issues. Hope you are feeling better and best wishes for a good start to a new year!!

jjkaiser
December 29th, 2016, 11:38 PM
I am so glad for you that your life is turning around for the better. It is very hard on Mom when grown children get divorced especially when it's not their fault. There is so much hurt feelings and as Moms we feel helpless as hasn't it always been our jobs to fix everything and make it better. But how wonderful of you to open your home to your dd and gkids, and congratulations on two new marriages and new beginnings in your family. So you must be doing something right!!!

toggpine
December 30th, 2016, 04:39 AM
Glad to see you hung in there until the dust settled, and now can clear it out!
Here is to a brighter year for you and your family.

Monique
December 30th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Gretchen, my oldest son just got remarried before Christmas, so I know a little about that part of your life. As parents we want nothing but the best for our children.

Now that things have settled, take a little time for yourself, you so are worth it.

May 2017 bring you good health, prosperity and much happiness.

songbird857
December 30th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Welcome to the forum :)
I'm glad you are getting to get back to what you love doing!

tsladaritz
December 31st, 2016, 04:53 PM
I am just beginning to straighten my bulging sewing room. It makes me a bit sad to see the dust on the dolls and fabrics on the top of the cabinet. I play I Spy with the dust in the corners and the tops of the tables. I have one extra table now since my DH moved all his office stuff to a table in the sewing room. Along with his favorite arm chair. Can't blamed since he was also part of the whirlwind that hit us during the past two years. Two daughters were divorced with no real fault on them. Lots of crying and mom time needed by both. One daughter needed to move into our down stairs "apt" with GD and GS. I was diagnosed with RA and asthma. You probably know the nasty drug that goes with that. Gained weight and lost some of my hair. Had to move all my things from downstairs and pack them up stairs and in the attic. Still don't know where my Christmas paper went? During of course of the past year and a half both girls remarried and a GD married. The daughter downstairs has moved out and will be back after the holidays to clean the rooms downstairs. I had to look at the dust on the tables and cabinet and find resolve to wipe it away and thank God for happy ending. I have only posted a few times but faithfully read your words of life and quilty wisdom. As this new year begins I am going to look forward and not see the dust of the past. Just the bright quilts and days of the to come. Thanks for listening. Gretchen

We have some of this the last few years also. It is very frustrating at times. Glad to know there was a happy ending for the girls and grand kids. How are you doing? Have you gotten a handle on your RA and asthma? Mine really slows me down at times, but I am finally past getting frustrated that I can't do things and decided plugging along is better than sitting still. Good luck as you dust the bunnies and be careful, as that can make the asthma worse.