PDA

View Full Version : Update On Little Olive

Bubby
December 29th, 2016, 08:55 AM
We got extremely sad news about Little Olive yesterday when we took her to the Veterinary Hospital in Columbia. They ran every test, x-ray and scan available and we found out that she has two types of cancer: transitional cell carcinoma of the urethra and bladder and also lymphoma which is pretty much everywhere. She has a very short time to live but we will keep her comfortable as long as we can and then we will have to let her go. I can't tell you how devastated we are. The staff at MIZZOU were fabulous and they cried with us when they found the lymphoma. Jeff is beyond upset...I'm not sure if he will go to work today.

I want to meet with our vet soon so we can make plans for end-of-life treatment to keep our sweet little one comfortable. Thank you for you thoughts, prayers and support. I need a day or so to process this, so don't worry if I'm not around. Hugs, Barb

Iris Girl
December 29th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Oh Barb I am so sorry to hear this news. It brought tears to my eyes as I know how you feel about your furbabies. It also brought back memories of just over a year ago when we had to let our beloved Bugger go. I know you will make her as comfortable as possible in the coming days and weeks. Please give Olive a hug from me and my 3 kitties as well as one for Dottie. Also a big hug for you and Jeff. I will keep you all in my thoughts.

pcbatiks
December 29th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Oh Barb, I'm so very sorry to hear this. I feel like Olive and Dottie have become part of the forum family.

Give Olive and Dottie a hug from me too and also sending hugs to you and Jeff.

Remember that you have lots of support, prayers and hugs from your forum friends.

PrettyCurious
December 29th, 2016, 09:13 AM
So sorry. I know it's hard, but think of the wonderful life you gave her.

MRoy
December 29th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Barb, I'm so sorry to hear this. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

AMG
December 29th, 2016, 09:27 AM
I'm so sorry, Barb. Olive is so very lucky to have such caring humans.

shermur
December 29th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Barb...I am so sorry, sweetie....:(

Just know that you're in thought and prayer; God bless you for being a responsible pet owner and may you find comfort in those who love and care for you. Hug little Olive for us......

sew-what2015
December 29th, 2016, 09:33 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. Hugs to you both and hugs for Little Olive and Dottie too.

Lori63
December 29th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Barb, I'm so sorry, what devastating news. Please take special care of Dottie too as I'm sure she knows something is going on. We all here on the forum are sending lots of love your way.

seaturtle
December 29th, 2016, 09:55 AM
So very sorry to hear this, Barb, Prayers will continue for all involved, including the vet as he helps you make decisions. {{Hugs}}

Andrea F
December 29th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Barb, I'm so very sorry, this breaks my heart, too. Sending good thoughts and hugs.

Lyndaj
December 29th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Barb, I'm so sorry. We went through something similar with our Bo last year. Give her lots of hugs and know that we are here for you.

Carol336
December 29th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Oh Barb, my heart is breaking for you and Jeff...and Dottie too. Sending {{{{HUGS}}}} to you and praying for comfort and peace for everyone during this difficult time.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 29th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Barb, you and Jeff and your little fur babies are in my thoughts and prayers. It is so hard to say goodbye to our beloved pets.

Midge
December 29th, 2016, 11:14 AM
I'm so sorry for you, Jeff and Dottie. All pets may be loved, but some are exceptional peak experiences in our lives, and I suspect Olive is one for you all. You are doing the right thing to plan for her care and send her across the Rainbow Bridge with hearts full of love.

Monique
December 29th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Barb, my heart breaks for you and Jeff. I know how special Olive and Dottie are to you both. Sending my hugs and prayers as well.

Olive is very lucky to have found such a loving forever home with you and Jeff.

grammaterry
December 29th, 2016, 11:33 AM
What sad sad news. I'm sorry and know that your are having a time of getting thru this. Olive will move on to her other parallel universe and make another family happy soon. You, in the mean time will have the memories. Make Joy from the memories and honor her by finding another critter to bestow your love on.

DeniseSm
December 29th, 2016, 11:36 AM
I'm so sorry. God be with you all through this painful time.

Angelia
December 29th, 2016, 11:43 AM
I am so sorry, Barb. Please know that my thoughts are with you.

Anitamae56
December 29th, 2016, 11:48 AM
This is so sad. My thoughts are with you.

Navy Wife
December 29th, 2016, 11:48 AM
I'm so sorry the news was bad. But I know you will make her last days as happy as possible. My prayers will be with you all. We will all miss the adventures of Olive.

songbird857
December 29th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Crying with you....

jjkaiser
December 29th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Aww this is so sad. You must feel like you are walking around with an arrow in your heart right now. Well at least you did everything you possibly could for her, and I know you will love her to the very end. Poor Dottie, she must be awfully confused. Hugs to you all as you come to grips with this.

asta
December 29th, 2016, 12:16 PM
So very sorry for you. Will keep you in my thoughts.

Lacey
December 29th, 2016, 01:12 PM
I am so sorry to hear the sad news about precious Olive. I recently went through this with my 12 year old Sheltie Stormy and it is so difficult to lose our wonderful fur babies. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

stitching woman
December 29th, 2016, 01:33 PM
So very sad for your family. Prayers for all of you to get through this very hard time. Hugs.

JCY
December 29th, 2016, 01:50 PM
So sorry, Barb. You all will be in my thoughts & prayers. {{{{HUGS!}}}}

laura44
December 29th, 2016, 01:56 PM
I'm so sorry, I know how you feel. I know you will give her extra love
and comfort.

Cokie
December 29th, 2016, 02:34 PM
I'm so very sorry! I agree that Dottie and Olive have become part of our forum family. Hugs to all of you and the prayers will continue.

Caroline T.
December 29th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Barb, I'm so sorry to hear the bad news. Hug him & love him while you can, and know that he'll always be with you in spirit. {{{hugs}}}

bhaggerty
December 29th, 2016, 03:20 PM
So sorry to hear this very sad news! Praying for Olive, Dottie, you and Jeff!

MayinJerset
December 29th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Oh Barb, Not the best of news. If Sweet Olive is in pain there are meds to stopit but there's nothing I know of that can to relieve the pain you, Jeff and Dottie are feeling.

geegeequilts
December 29th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Barb, my heart breaks for you, Jeff & specially for Dottie. We human parents understand the pain & overwhelming sadness of losing your furbaby. Seven years ago tomorrow we had to say goodbye to our Lady, a Cocker Spaniel in the eyes of the law but our
B-A-B-Y in our hearts. Yes, the sharpness of the agonizing pain & sadness lessens in time but that doesn't make you feel any better. I can't say the right words to lessen the pain your family is and will be going thru. There are no words. Just know we parents of our furbabies we've had to say goodbye to know exactly what your feeling.

Know that this mom is crying as she's typing & wishes you, Jeff & most specially Dottie a peaceful passing of Sweet Olive. Please take extra care in letting Dottie say goodbye as well.

Tearfully & with love
Gina

sewbizzy
December 29th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Oh Barb, sad news for sure...brought the tears...praying that Olive is comfortable and that you and Jeff can deal with your sadness...I know how you love your girls....

cashs mom
December 29th, 2016, 11:36 PM
I'm so sorry, Barb. It's so hard to see them not feeling well. I'm just glad that Olive has you to see her thru this. No matter what happens, Olive will always know she has been loved.

KarenC
December 29th, 2016, 11:48 PM
Thinking of you during this time of sad news.

ilive2craft2
December 30th, 2016, 12:00 AM
So sorry to hear this news - was hoping for a better outcome. Our furbabies are so important to us. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Simply Quilting
December 30th, 2016, 02:56 AM
So sorry to hear the sad news about Olive. Hugs and prayers for you, Jeff and your precious furbabies.

Bee happy
December 30th, 2016, 03:14 AM
painful news but at least you have some time with your friend. Through the years we have had to face this parting and it is always tearful and without words. I always keep the leashes of my dear pet friends hanging on the coat hook in our entry way. Every day I harness up my two girls I remember with gratitude the ones I have loved and lost. So sorry. Gretchen

rebeccas-sewing
December 30th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Sorry to hear that your little Olive is so ill. All pet lovers/owners can certainly sympathize since we've all been in similar situations with our pets. If only they could live as long as humans.

auntiemern
December 30th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Barb, I am so very sorry that this is happening. I know what your girls mean to you and Jeff. My heart aches for what you are going through, and what you still have to face. Hugs DF. Give the big guy a hug from me too.