PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve Eve

Monique
December 30th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Good morning everyone. I haven't had much time on here but wanted to wish everyone a MARVELOUS NEW YEAR. May 2012 bring you all good health and happiness.

I still have company until Sunday. I love my children and grandchildren dearly, but I will be glad to get my house back in order.

Today is the last day of work. The last two have been pretty good. I have enjoyed it very much.

I received the parcel from my oldest the other day. WOW!! A 12 1/2 inch square ruler, a quilting foot, and a darning foot. Can't wait to try them out.

I have to get ready for work.

A little advice, be careful of the SWINE FLU!!

Love to you all and thanks for being my friend.

Loonwatcher
December 30th, 2011, 09:50 AM
And the best of new years to you and yours too. Wishing you and all my quilty friends health, happiness and prosperity.

ginampls
December 30th, 2011, 10:53 AM
OH thanks for thee new years wishes...i too wish everyone a very prosperous new year. I have to work tomorrow all day 845 am til 515 pm...wish me luck....i have a play date with my sister who taught me to sew. i bought a hat pattern, whichhas curves... not confident withcurve. so she is willing to teach me how. will post pictures when it is finished.

alsowe had rain that froze, then snow... ohnot myfavorite time of year.

cyndiofthevortex
December 30th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Hi Monique and Nancy and Gina everyone who's to follow here this morning,

I wish you all a peace-filled new year, inner peace from God that gets you through any hard times that may come your way.

I pray that you will have good friendships and healthy family relationships and a year when you feel blessed and content.

I'm so thankful that this year brought me so many friends here on this forum. I truly feel like I am loved and welcomed here and it is great to be a part of such a wonderful place. I know you all agree! It is so special to have a neighborhood full of such wonderful and giving people. I'm amazed at the love expressed here every day.

Happy New Year to you and your families!

Cyndi

DCM
December 30th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I agree with Cyndi -- this forum is so filled with such welcoming, caring, thoughtful people. Any time I've had a question I receive such a nice reply -- I've had people look up links to patterns that I'm interested in, people who have offered to send their own patterns and/or templates to me if I can't find the pattern/template on-line, and we have such a wealth of information and experience-sharing from this one site! I look forward to logging on each day to read about all my new friends' lives and quilting accomplishments! Happy 2012!!

P.S. My mom has always said -- only do on New Year's Day what you what to do for the rest of the year. So, sounds like no cleaning or other chores on Sunday -- just QUILTING!!

Sandy Navas
December 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Oh, if I could just quilt all day, every day and some little fairy would stop in and do the dusting, sweeping, mopping, dishes and laundry . . . a gal can dream, can't she?

Sending the best possible to all my on-line quilty friends!! May 2012 be your best ever. Isn't there a song about getting back to the basics of life? That's where I'm headed.

Lunch with family today - Bro, Sis, SIL, BIL, nephew, Al and I headed out for my very FAVORITE BarBQue!!!!! At Goochy's, no less.

HandsOffItsMine
December 30th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Dear friends, Happy New Years Eve Eve to all! Wishing everyone the best for 2012!

I'm going to listen to DCM's Mommy...quilting on NY's Day! Not on a new project...oh dying to start one of those, but finishing the quilting of the twins or the project linus. Anywhoooo, it will be a day of quilting. :)

Today, finishing curtains, been slacking on the final hemming...bad me.

Enjoy the day all. Ruby

BellasQuilts
December 30th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Happy New Year everyone! Hoping that it is all you want it to be and more! Going shopping with DD#2 today. We're going to get her some pregnancy clothes. Next year this time we will have a little one around and I can't wait. DD and SIL will be great parents and they are so very, very happy. Will try and follow DCM's mom's advice and sew, sew, sew!

Have a stellar day!

SuziC
December 30th, 2011, 01:06 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you too. We are spending New Year's Eve with our Grandkids for their parents can go out. Ages 2,3,4,7
We are going to have our own "little" party!

bakermom
December 30th, 2011, 01:15 PM
yeah our new year will be the usual-we get together with friends and all stand around snacking and talking. New years day will be spent with family. I am trying to get some things finished that i put aside earlier this year.

Bubby
December 30th, 2011, 02:14 PM
To all my quilty friends far and wide, I wish you a wonderful New Year filled with love, peace, good health and creativity. I especially want to wish the new members an extra hug....we so love your input, ideas, enthusiasm and creativity....you keep us oldsters on our toes!!!!! Looking forward to chatting with you in 2012, Barb

janluna
December 31st, 2011, 01:10 AM
Congratulations on the new to be baby, Bella! Happy New Years to everyone. May your 2012 be wonderful. Filled with hope, love, good health, and abundance! And if you have healthy kids, grab them and hug them hard and thank God for their good health! And tell them I love every single one of them!
Please keep prayers going for Emily. Things are not going good. I won't go into it now.
Just have a wonderful New Years celebration and tell each other you love each other. And hug your loved ones. My prayers are with Daisy and Mr. Daisy and all the other people having problems. I pray all of you have a very Healthy and wonderful 2012. Love you all so much, Jan L.

CrazyMtnLady
December 31st, 2011, 01:22 PM
I wish all my forum friends a Very Happy New Year. My prayers go out to Emily and all those who are in need of them.
My God bless you with a miraculous New Year.

My New Year's Eve day will be spent unloading a huge load of wood. And helping the DH split it. ( I run the splitter sometimes too.) And then to stack the pile that is already split from the load we cut a few days ago.

My joints and muscles are aching from loading the wood in the truck (3/4 ton so it holds a lot). I spent 30 minutes soaking in the hot tub when we got home. So I know my New Year's Day will be spent recuperating from today.

toggpine
December 31st, 2011, 03:04 PM
Ahh Donna, I know that feeling well. We usually do that task after we haul hay. It is pretty much a month of on-going muscle aches. It makes such a huge difference during the winter though when the barn is full of hay and the house is toasty warm without bankrupting us with the electric bill. (It probably doesn't hurt my waistline too much either!)

My wish for all of my quilty friends is that your 2012 is even better than 2011. We all need that I think. Extra special prayers for those in need of healing physically and emotionally. I am off to do a quick house clean and then get to the sewing room. My grandmother said you should start the New Year with a clean slate. I am sure it will far from spotless, but I can at least run the vacuum & swoosh the swiffer duster thingie around!

Happy New Year! Cathy

oldgurl4
December 31st, 2011, 03:29 PM
Awwww... Same To You Monique!
and All You Lovely Q. Friends.

Wishing You All a
Healthy and Prosperous ~FELIZ AŅO NUEVO~

I'm Stuck at work this WHOLE Weekend..!!!
BUMMER!

Wish I was with DH Fishing in Key West right Now!

OMG!!! ((BELLA)) Really!! That's Gr8 News....
CONGRATZ!!
Sewwww Looking Forward to Baby Pics...

Stay Safe.....SeeYaAll Next Year!!

janluna
January 1st, 2012, 01:47 AM
It's 11:47 and counting! Happy New Year to you all!!! Love you, Jan L.