PDA

View Full Version : recovering from surgery

stationarymom
December 28th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Hi everyone I wanted to take a minute to thank all of you who sent cards,gifts,prayers and good thoughts to me after my burns and surgery.I haven't been posting because i've had a couple of problems along the way.I ended up with a stomach bleed from the amt of Ibuprofen prescribed per day and after that I ended up with Colitis and a infection in my colon.This recovery has had it's problems but I think I may finally be coming along.My pain has become tolerable and most of my grafts are healed.I look like a pincushion from all of the staple marks I have on my skin.I am really tired a lot of the time so I haven't made it back on the forum yet,but do hope I will soon.I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and will also have a Happy New Year.Stay safe everyone Joan

jjkaiser
December 28th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Joan, hope you feel better every single day! Well, look on the bright side, you will never forget this Christmas right?! I would love to come over and "guard" (wink wink) the Christmas cookies your family put aside for you till your stomach is better!

bhaggerty
December 28th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Great to hear from you! Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery!

kimsophia
December 28th, 2016, 04:15 PM
I'm thankful that you posted so we night owls know you are on the road to recovery. :icon_wave:

bubba
December 28th, 2016, 04:55 PM
It's good to see you again! There have been many of us worried about you. Relax and take your time healing....all will be fine!

Iris Girl
December 28th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Nice to see you posting again. Take it easy and let the healing do its job.

GuitarGramma
December 28th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Oh Joan, I hadn't heard. May your healing be quick from today forward! That ibuprofen can be dicey.

SallyO'Sews
December 28th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the update, Joan. We will continue to keep you in prayer. Get better, and we look forward to seeing you when you're all better!

Kgrammiecaz
December 28th, 2016, 10:56 PM
So happy to hear you are dojng well. What a struggle you have had. Sending hugs your way.

KarenC
December 28th, 2016, 11:39 PM
So happy to hear that you are finally on the road to recovery. You have been through a lot lately. May 2017 bring you much healing and happiness.

seaturtle
December 28th, 2016, 11:39 PM
Will keep you in my prayers. Relax and get well.

Midge
December 29th, 2016, 01:15 AM
Joan so glad to hear that you came through all this trouble still your sweet self. I know, when it rains, it pours. But I sincerely hope you will get a little better every day from here on out, and no more complications. Wishing you a much much better 2017.

Judy, USMC
December 29th, 2016, 03:08 AM
I was going to let the night owls know in a thread tonight ... but so glad you felt up to posting! There are so many friends you have that aren't owls and have been wondering how you are. Just take it easy; recovering slowly is still recovering in the right direction!

Simply Quilting
December 29th, 2016, 03:22 AM
Joan, glad you are starting to mend. So sorry to hear of your complications. Continued prayers.

MaryUK
December 29th, 2016, 05:59 AM
Sorry to hear of your health problems, hope each coming day will see you mending bit by bit. All the best for the new year.

Andrea F
December 29th, 2016, 06:41 AM
I'm glad we heard from you, we were worried. I'm relieved you're on the mend, sending good thoughts for a quick recovery.

Monique
December 29th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Joan, I am happy that this part is over with. I wish you all the best in your recovery and all problems are GONE!!

Happy New Year, may 2017 bring you good health and much happiness.

Lacey
December 29th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Prayers sent your way for a quick recovery.