PDA

View Full Version : "There is Love"

SallyO'Sews
December 27th, 2016, 01:56 AM
Hope everyone's Christmas was merry and bright! Here's my husband, our 10 children, and me, singing a song written by DH's uncle, and arranged by our oldest DS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GezqhSs2xok

Story behind the song: My DH is from a large extended family that is very musical. Every year on Christmas night about 70 or so relatives gather for food and a carol sing (that often also includes "Who Put the Overalls in Mrs. Murphy's Chowder"). About 50 years or so ago, Uncle Paul and a friend wrote a musical based on Dickens' "A Christmas Carol." My FIL sang it at all the family gatherings, and at a number of weddings. When my DS#3 (Joshua) got married in 2009, I asked DS#1 (Matthew) if he could arrange the song in 4 parts for us to surprise Josh & Alyssa at the wedding. Matt wrote the arrangement in 8 parts, and it was a big hit at the ceremony. What none of us realized at the time was that Josh's wedding took place on Uncle Paul's 75th birthday, so it was even more special.

In the past few years, Uncle Paul's health has deteriorated quite a bit; last Christmas he did not make it to the family party. But this year he was there, and even played for the carol sing for a while. So this may have been our last time to sing his song for him. Hope you enjoy it!

Kgrammiecaz
December 27th, 2016, 02:24 AM
So beautiful. And heartwarming that all come together to sing together. Thank you for sharing.

Judy, USMC
December 27th, 2016, 02:42 AM
That was awesome! So much talent in the family ... from writing to performing. Thanks so much for sharing.

TMP
December 27th, 2016, 03:19 AM
That was so beautiful! You have an amazing talented family ! Thank you for sharing .

shawnan
December 27th, 2016, 03:20 AM
What wonderful tradition. and I'm sure it will be carried on by each generation.

Nancy

Cokie
December 27th, 2016, 04:11 AM
That was so touching! Thank you for sharing with us.

SuzyQue
December 27th, 2016, 08:33 AM
Awesome! I loved hearing that beautiful song. You area very talented family. What love I felt!

KarenC
December 27th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Very nice.

Bubby
December 27th, 2016, 09:24 AM
That's beautiful...such a talented family. I love the babe in arms. Thank you for sharing this.

Monique
December 27th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Absolutely wonderful, thanks for sharing.

pcbatiks
December 27th, 2016, 10:13 AM
You started our day with a smile. Your family did a beautiful job on the song. Thanks for sharing the story and your families beautiful voices with us.

cv quilter
December 27th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Beautiful song and blend of voices. How fabulous to have all your loved ones around you to carry out this wonderful tradition.

seaturtle
December 27th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Amazing - so talented. Thanks for sharing!

LauraP
December 27th, 2016, 12:59 PM
wish our family sounded that good! we only sing for our own enjoyment and since we have lost a few members we need to encourage the youngsters to marry in a good bass, another tenor and a high soprano.

Grampz
December 27th, 2016, 01:29 PM
That was so darn beautiful! Thank you for sharing that wonderful family moment.

bakermom
December 27th, 2016, 02:18 PM
How nice! Thank you for sharing.

klgls
December 27th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing.

Dollyquilts
December 27th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Wow, just wow! Beautiful.

MaggieSue
December 27th, 2016, 04:42 PM
Great talent!!!

GrammaBabs
December 27th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Utterly Wonderful!!
Thank you for sharing the talent your family shares... beautiful harmony and sweet sound... Happy and Healthy New Year to you all:))

jjkaiser
December 27th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Wow, you are so much, way much better than some of the stuff that gets played on the radio. You seriously need to make a CD of Christmas music. I would be first in line to buy it. This was just beautiful. Tell your family how much the Forum members are loving this!

Sharyn J
December 27th, 2016, 05:34 PM
That was beautiful! You have a wonderful and talented family.

auntiemern
December 27th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Absolutely beautiful. So much talent. What a great way to celebrate.