PDA

View Full Version : Good Monday morning and Boxing Day!

Monique
December 26th, 2016, 08:59 AM
Good morning friends. I hope you have all recovered from Christmas Day and got what you wanted as gifts.

Well what a trip to Trenton. I wasn't there 10 minutes when Sadie asks me to take her to Belleville. No please in there either. So I reply no, I just got here what do you want in Belleville? She rolls her eyes, says Dad gave me money and I want to get my lip pierced. Well, I will take you tomorrow. Rolls eyes again and pouts. So next day, with Mother's permission Les and I take her to Belleville, I have to sign because she is only 13. Lip gets pierced and home we go. No thank you, kiss my arse nothing. I am making dinner, she decides she is going out with her friend. She is told to be home before dark. We are eating dinner and she texts her mom and wants someone to go get her because she is cold and didn't wear a coat. No one is jumping up to get her. Texts her mom, nobody loves me, I want to die, yada yada yada. This goes on for a quite a while. Ok I will go get her. I drive there just steaming. Slam the brakes on and come to stop and give it to her. It gets nasty between us. I am really angry by this point, yelling. I ask her what she is mad about, she wants to die yada yada. I say you have a roof over your head, food in your belly, the best thing that happened to you is your mother, so stop ragging on her. I also tell her that I am just a taxi driver to her, nothing less. What were you told before you left the house? I dunno. I have anxiety and issues and that's what my problem is, is basically what she said. My last words were take responsibility for your actions and quite blaming the rest of the world. The night doesn't go so well, and then she tells her mother that I slapped her arm repeatedly. WELL, my blood is boiling inside of me as I try to defend myself to Phil. HE knows I would never slap her, her mother thought maybe in the heat of the moment maybe I did. I was so terribly hurt that she would even entertain the notion but I stay silent. I didn't sleep well that night, I literally thought she might try to hurt me somehow. The next morning all is as if nothing has happened. At one point Sadie comes downstairs and I apologize for yelling at her, I was wrong I should not have yelled, sorry. Not one word from her. We have Christmas dinner that night, her other grandparents are there and Maggie starts in on her. I shut my mouth. She is told she is rude..........Christmas Day arrives and the morning is spent relatively quiet. I go up to say goodbye and tell her that I love her. Sorry for the long rant, but there really isn't anyone I can talk to about this.

So we arrived home last yesterday afternoon after visiting with Les' Mom and his brother and family.

Also my neighbour calls over and invites us in for Christmas dinner. We had a lovely time and I was so touched that she invited us over. I did buy her a fabric folding pen that she saw here and really wanted. She is making a parka for her daughter and thought it would really come in handy. She couldn't wait to try it.

Today Les had to work but then after work we are headed to his sister's house for Boxing Day fondue. Another day I don't have to cook.

My niece LOVED her fabric box, especially the green fabric. Her shop is called MINT Hair Salon. I may have enough fabric left over to make her a wallet, the NCW is the one I want to make her. Wish me luck.

Happy Monday everyone.

cjsews
December 26th, 2016, 10:32 AM
So sorry your visit was spoiled with Sadie's attitude. My DD as I new her left is at 12 years and was replaced with another alter ego. They do return in time, a long time. At least you don't have to live with her. But I know it still hurts. Hope next year fairs much better

Ginny B
December 26th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Good morning all. Just wanted to pop in here quickly to say hi and let you all know EJ is doing much better. He is eating and sleeping better and everyone is happy about that. Ds came down with a cold though so he is unhappy that he has keep a little distance from the little guy.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Cathy F
December 26th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Morning all,
I was a sleepy head this morning and slept in. Love having everyone here for Christmas but I was exhausted by the end of the day. Cleaned up the last of wrappings this morning and got everything put away. Good thing it only comes once a year! LOL
Everyone seemed happy with their gifts and the grands loved their quilts and baskets. We give them money each year as they are all driving and have cars so they can get around and purchase things they like and no returns on my part, but they know each year Grammy makes them a special handmade gift just from her. It was so touching when they told me they look forward to that gift.
We had alot of food left over so today I'll pack quite a bit of it up and take it to my son and daughter in law's, 3 teenagers will make a good dent in it and I hate for it to go to waste.
Hoping everyone had a good day yesterday. Looking forward to the New Year and what it holds for us.

Bubby
December 26th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Our Christmas was sweet and sad at the same time. The Girls loved their new squeaking toys, especially Olive. She plays like a puppy and always has. Our meal was good and we have tons of leftovers, too. No cooking for me for a couple days.

Monique, so sorry about the scene with Sadie. I would have trouble dealing with her, too. I know this probably ruined your Christmas.

Wishing everyone a good 'day after'....all is calm here. It's raining and gloomy...perfect for candles and snuggling.

JCY
December 26th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Christmas was a quiet one here, just DH & me. We don't exchange gifts, just cards. No special foods, since DH has to eat the same foods every day due to all his food allergies & intolerances. No one called except my niece from Tenn. I tried to call some of the kids, but got only people's voice mails. So I called a local friend who recently went through a divorce & we chatted for a while. I spent much of the afternoon sewing. I got the sashing & corner stones sewn on to my Prairie Flower blocks. It's ready to start sewing the blocks together, then the rows.

We're having a sunny day. It was a chilly 15 deg. this a.m. It's up to 44 now. The rabbit is sunning himself at the base of the crabapple tree in our back yard. There seem to be 2 rabbits who have pretty much taken up permanent residence in our back yard. It will be interesting to find out if they have kits in the spring. The past 2 yrs. they have nested under our shed & had babies.

Navy Wife
December 26th, 2016, 07:36 PM
Oh Monique, I feel your pain. Only my problem was my daughter. When she turned 13, some demon took over her body and I came near to killing her several times. I'm quite serious about this. But, she will soon be 60, and is the delight of my life. I hope all will turn out the same for you. There's something about 13 that makes witches out of girls! You will be in my thoughts and prayers until this stage is over.

Linda

KarenC
December 26th, 2016, 08:06 PM
Monique, I My challenge was my daughter from 12-14. I was really dreading 15, but something snapped and she is now one of my best friends at the age of 30. As for driving your GD around, I think I would have a conversation with her, and tell her you love her and are willing to be here for her, when she learns to show appreciation to others that do things for her regardless of how small those things are.

Anitamae56
December 26th, 2016, 08:22 PM
I read your experience , I am guessing it is granddaughter. I have no advice but truly feel sorry for what you had to go thru. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Your tolerance for everything is much more than I would have had.

Monique
December 27th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Thank you everyone, we will get past this (I hope).