PDA

View Full Version : Your gift to me

Carolnnc
December 21st, 2016, 08:54 PM
Just before Christmas last year my dad who had been estranged from me for most of my adult life passed away. By April of 2016 I also lost my dearest friend and mentor who was only 61 to ALS, my ex-husband and a dear friend from a past job. The worst was when I was bullied and forced out of my job by my boss who had been a wonderful friend for over 10 years. I went into a depression and was afraid to leave my home. I spent days in my quilting cave working through the grief of losing people and a job I dearly loved. I mourned that everyone I interviewed with found me to old to be a good hire. I had joined the Quilting Forum in late 2015 and started coming here each day of 2016. I read of happiness, sadness, pain, anger, loss and celebrations. I prayed for each of you and as I did I realized my depression lifted. Without knowing it you guys became my connection to the outside world and lifted me up. Thank you from my heart and may you all know how very important you are to someone you may never meet.
Merry Christmas and may you all have a wonderful 2017!

laura44
December 21st, 2016, 09:01 PM
I can second your post. We are all family here, together we cry, pray, celebrate.
I'm so glad to hear you have healed. Merry Christmas, God Bless.

grammaterry
December 21st, 2016, 09:09 PM
Me too. This is the greatest gift a quilter/sewer can receive...the gift of comraderee. From the bottom of my heart, let all of you know that you have become a very important part of my life . And I'm so glad if my being here has been good for any of you as well. Merry Christmas, God Bless all of you and yours and may all of us experience the joy that is available to all of Gods children if we just reach out and ask for it.

Anitamae56
December 21st, 2016, 09:11 PM
I also have been helped with this forum, I have not had the sevire losses that you have. I lost my husband several years ago, I have many friends around me but I find comfort and lots of laughs in this forum too.
May you have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year! And many laughs. Did you read what someone wrote about the seam ripper today? It was funny !

Carlie Wolf
December 21st, 2016, 09:17 PM
Years ago I remember telling a therapist, I know it looks like I'm falling apart but really I'm coming together. Sometimes we need to find that safe place inside when we've been down a hard path in order to regain our strength. I've found that amazingly,we come out stronger. I'm wishing you a really good and happy 2017 and I'm thankful too for all the truly wonderful people here :icon_hug:

pcbatiks
December 22nd, 2016, 01:09 AM
Aww Carol, your post was so sweet and heartfelt that it make me tear up. I'm glad this forum could be a place of peace and uplifting fun while you were trying to cope with so much. The forum has helped many of us in so many ways. I am also very thankful for all of you and for M* providing this forum for us.

The place has cheered me up and cracked me up more times than I can count. I learned a lot here too when I'm not goofing off.

Carol, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Monique
December 22nd, 2016, 08:51 AM
And they say Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth! Pffff!

MISSOURI STAR QUILT COMPANY FORUM IS THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!

Carol, from my family to yours, have a wonderful Christmas and may 2017 bring you good health and much happiness and lots of quilting time. You made me tear up too.

Lyndaj
December 22nd, 2016, 09:05 AM
Carol, that was lovely. I am very happy to hear that your depression has lifted and that we as a community had a hand in that.

Hoping everyone has a very merry Christmas and an amazing 2017.

Bubby
December 22nd, 2016, 09:10 AM
Carol, Your post was so sincere and sweet...it made me cry. This forum is many things to many people. I know that for many of us
it is our happy place and somewhere we can take refuge and find someone to listen. We even make some beautiful projects along the way.

I wish you a blessed Christmas and a New Year filled with peace, hope and happiness. HUGS......

seaturtle
December 22nd, 2016, 11:05 AM
What a sweet post! These boards are a type of sanctuary for a lot of us! Wishing you a joyful Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

MRoy
December 22nd, 2016, 11:21 AM
Carol, you spoke for many of us here. This group is a lifeline and source of comfort during dark times. I wish you a Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years.

auntiemern
December 22nd, 2016, 01:59 PM
What a lovely post, and so very true for so many of us. I too found this wonderful place after I lost my mom. It is like a 2nd home to me. I love that I have had the opportunity to meet so many of the great people from here. I can't imagine my life without it, even when it overwhelms me at times.
May you have a very Merry Christmas, and a wonderfully glorious New Year.

Iris Girl
December 22nd, 2016, 02:53 PM
Your post was beautiful and I echo what everyone has said. I can tell you having been a part of another forum that there is NO place like M*. Everyone here is nice and no one judges you for where you live and what your husband does for a living like the other forum I belonged to. No one here gets mad when you ask if people are ok because little posting. So happy to be only a part of this forum now. Merry Christmas and may 2017 be good to you and everyone.

Mimi_Howard
December 22nd, 2016, 03:42 PM
Just the other day I found myself saying.......... come on 2017, I am so ready for you. 2016 was a very tough one and thank goodness I have sewing and this forum. I am already feeling up to challenge from myself, give a try at FMQ in 2017. I must make a note to buy safety glasses! Not known to have good rhythum, so might cause a needle here and there to break. And I still have a serger that is yelling at me... learn how to use me !!

peggiep
December 22nd, 2016, 07:54 PM
The tears are rolling down my face as I type this. This Forum is the best therapy. We may not be able to recognize each other if we were to meet on the street, but we share our joys and our sorrows, our hopes and our prayers with our friends on M* every day. Carol, I am so glad that the Forum was there for you and that you are feeling better.

I sincerely wish each and everyone of our Forum Friends a most joyous Christmas and a truly blessed New Year 2017!

snippet
December 23rd, 2016, 02:33 AM
I am happy that you are gaining ground on this happiness thing. One day at a time and one smile at a time. I'm happy you are part of the forum, because your posts are very helpful too. Thank you for joining in on the conversations and sharing your life with us.

Yanna
December 23rd, 2016, 11:08 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Carol. I hope 2017 is even a better year than 2016 for you..

Carolnnc
December 23rd, 2016, 01:16 PM
This has been a challenging year, and I appreciate you guys so much. What each of you posted has lift my spirits. Thank you for taking the time to give encouragement and love. I have the best cyber friends!

JCY
December 23rd, 2016, 02:29 PM
I agree with everyone's comments. There's really no place quite like the M* Forum. It's inspiring to hear how we have helped each other through some difficult situations. Like Angela Walters says, "Quilting is my therapy." It certainly is that for me. I have to be home a lot because of DH's poor health. I can focus on my sewing but still be available for him is he needs something. He totally supports my hobby, for which I am thankful. May everyone have a blessed Christmas. May we all have a good new year. Merry Christmas!

jjkaiser
December 23rd, 2016, 07:19 PM
You people really are the best! Thanks to so many of you who have helped me this year. And even when it comes to personal troubles that are not sewing related you take the time to listen and give wonderful advice that is so appreciated. Carol I am glad we were able to help pull you out of the dumps! Merry Christmas to everyone!

Annette Ackley
December 24th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Merry Christmas Carol. So happy to hear that you are in good health. I too, love coming here, I don't get to visit as much, busy with work and working on Quilting projects, oh yeah can't forget the DH, who seems to want my undivided attention. I swear he is worse than a little kid. lol. It is always a pleasure to read everyone's posts on here and see what you have been up to in your quilting world. i wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Joyful New Year.