PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday with 4 sleeps left until the BIG day

Monique
December 21st, 2016, 08:52 AM
Good morning friends. It's almost here. Are you ready? For the most part I am the rest will follow into place I guess. I made it out to get groceries yesterday and yes I was able to get a 20lb turkey!! So the food is all bought, today I will gather all the gifts and get them sorted, as they are all kind of strewn under the Christmas tree for now. I never did get sewing yesterday at all.

I remembered that I had a Christmas lunch to attend which I did make it to in time. I visited Bonnie last night with a Christmas gift for her and we had a glass of wine.

Laundry all done and ready to pack up again. Les has to work tonight so I should get a lot done when he is gone.

So that is what my day is shaping up to be.

Have a great day friends. I know you are all busy with Christmas stuff. Safe travels for those folks going somewhere, no matter how far.

Ginny B
December 21st, 2016, 09:02 AM
Good morning Monique and all to follow. Yes, I am pretty ready for the big day. We were supposed to go shopping last night to pick up a few more things but I was just too exhausted. So dh headed out on his own while I headed to bed. Tonight I will be sorting out the gifts and making the piles of what goes where and when. Then Thursday night and Friday will be devoted to finishing up the wrapping and doing some baking. I am actually doing most of my baking for the people at work next week since so many are off this week anyway. They will get their treats when they get back instead of having everything sit on their desks for a week waiting for them.

Time to get dressed and make a stop at Kohl's before heading to work. Need to pick up a pair of jeans to put under the tree for dh.

Have a great day everyone.

sew-what2015
December 21st, 2016, 09:21 AM
Morning.
I have to do a few things but I am mostly ready.
Busy today with last minute items and friend visits.
Have a good day.

bakermom
December 21st, 2016, 09:25 AM
shopping is done, everything wrapped! Will make one last trip to the grocery and that will be it for us. Our house is now quiet since everyone is on their own but we will go out to see them all and deliver their gifts.

Lyndaj
December 21st, 2016, 09:36 AM
Good morning. First off, I am off to the gym for an hour. I have fallen off of my 3 day a week schedule and I must get back at it, at least before all the new years resolution folks make the gym busy for awhile.:icon_bigsmile:

I'm off to both Costco and the grocery store this morning to get that done. I sincerely hope that I can get all of that picked up and that I don't have to leave the house again until after Christmas, at least that's the plan. I have baking (3 cookie recipes) to get done too, hopefully starting that today.

I also need to quilt the tardis quilt and make a pair of pjs. I have wrapped absolutely nothing yet and feel bad because DH has wrapped mine.

Went and test drove the Babylock Aria again yesterday. Gonna test drive the Bernina 770 again and then hopefully come to a concensus.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Bubby
December 21st, 2016, 09:46 AM
Morning Everyone...We are as ready for Christmas as we can be.

We had to reschedule Olive's oncology appointment until next week because Jeff couldn't get the day off to take her this week. We will be going next Wednesday. I had a long consultation with our vet yesterday and he did everything he could to console me but he doesn't think anything can be done for Olive. He still wants us to go for the consultation and he even gave us a $100 voucher for the visit. So we wait and pray and hope. Olive still seems to feel fine but I found a lump on her chest that shouldn't be there. I know it wasn't there when I bathed her last week.

Jeff interviews for a different job tomorrow. It would be a slight promotion and less wear and tear on his body (hips). We are sure his boss will fight him getting the job because he carries such a load in the maintenance department. Please pray that Jeff has favor when he interviews. There are a lot of dirty politics in play there.

Not sure what I will do today.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day...

peggiep
December 21st, 2016, 10:07 AM
Morning everyone....everyone is busy and so am I. Off the deliver the Christmas Hampers this morning, a bit of shopping this afternoon ad then attend the grandkid's Christmas concert this evening....no sewing for me today! Have a great day doing the Christmas hustle and bustle!

toggpine
December 21st, 2016, 03:02 PM
Barb, we will be sending good thoughts and prayers for both Olive and Jeff. Those are tough positions to be in for sure.

I'm not really feeling Christmassy this year. Not sure why, but it's the way it is. Em and I will head out to run a few last minute errands and the we should be set, depending on what we find at the post office the next few days!

I have to put my sewing room back together to finish a few last minute things. I just wish I could find the missing patterns!

May everyone's To-Do list get done!