PDA

View Full Version : Snuggie pattern?

Ily
December 19th, 2016, 04:33 PM
I am totally bedbound ... which makes many crafts difficult.

Snuggles ... snugglles as I call them ... are so important to me, especially for the wintertime, but I use one yearround. Because of my size and physical conditions, I use a Snuggly that was labeled as 4X by the King Size menswear company. It's longer than I need but it has the width to cover the hospital bed comfortably.

I purchased 2 of them about 10 years ago. Two gave me a spare so that I could have one while the other is in the laundry, but I knew immediately that I would need more. The King Size company used a lovely chenille so much nicer than fleece. I thought I should buy a few more but King Size no longer carried them. I knew I'd have to be careful.

We had a really cold winter a while back and the power went out. My husband who is 6' 4", 300 labs, asked if he could use my spare ...and he now uses the spare all the time.

Chenille would work but wouldn't Minkee be perfect? My problem is measuring and handling large pieces of fabric. I need a simple pattern, essentially body rectangles (front and backs) and a sleeve rectangle. The rectangle sizes can be adjusted to make all sorts of sizes.

Does anyone know of such a pattern

Thanks,
Ily

Hulamoon
December 19th, 2016, 04:59 PM
I just saw one on Pinterest the other day. I try and hunt it down :)

Hulamoon
December 19th, 2016, 05:53 PM
I came across three and all of them had a broken link or went someplace else. I tried :)

K. McEuen
December 19th, 2016, 06:40 PM
http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Your-Own-Snuggie/

Hulamoon
December 19th, 2016, 06:53 PM
I tried that site, it was running really slow.Maybe it's my computer.

K. McEuen
December 19th, 2016, 07:14 PM
It loaded fine for me. It does have a lot of ads on it, so is a slower load, but the instructions are there

Ily
December 20th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Thank you, Lorie.

Ily
December 20th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Karen, I found it ... and it loaded fine for me. I am so grateful to you and to Lorie.

Ily