PDA

View Full Version : Winter Night Owl

kimsophia
December 19th, 2016, 02:41 AM
Hoot hoot! I hope you are warm enough! I'm still waking up but I am planning to do some appliqueing tonight...how are things in your nest? @,@

bubba
December 19th, 2016, 03:00 AM
I started cutting out a purse today. We draw names in our family and I have my oldest daughter (again!). She bought a purse from me last year and it is about worn out. Luckily, I have some fabric left to make another one, but using a different pattern this time around. I may have enough for one or two more, so I'll have to put the extra fabric in a safe place.

Tomorrow morning is MM's last chemo treatment. Yesterday he smoked a lot of cheese and today I smoked a side of salmon. There are four nurses there and they will each be getting some. MM is not one who really likes smoked salmon, but chemo must have changed things, because what we had left for us (at least a third of what I made) is almost gone, thanks to him! We will be getting another fillet tomorrow and I'll smoke it on Tuesday.

Tonight we are watching a movie....Mrs. Peregrine's Island for Peculiar Children. It's quite odd. As soon as it's over I think I'm headed to bed.

Hoping it will be warmer here tomorrow!

Judy, USMC
December 19th, 2016, 03:40 AM
Weather is STILL crazy here. 3 days ago the max was 36; Sunday I had to turn the air conditioner on because it hit 78 outside and over 80 indoors; the high Monday will be 41.Even though they say these temperature swings don't cause colds the changes in air pressure sure do give me a headache.

Finished up a multitude of pillowcases. Will start piecing Steve's eagle quilt Monday. Yes, I'm here for another week! Hope everyone has their Christmas projects done ....

Edited to add: I want to see that movie too because the title sounds interesting. And anytime I hear smoked salmon I think of Sandy!

kimsophia
December 19th, 2016, 04:05 AM
I just found something about machine sewing that I am good at and even enjoy...making teeny zig zags. I was appliqueing down thin black strips and I made a 0.5 width zig zag along each side and I could even do it with the machine on medium speed! I was SMILING when I did it and I was sorry when they were done. :O

Judy, USMC
December 19th, 2016, 04:54 AM
Good for you Kim! It is a talent I don't have so I still have to use snail speed.

kimsophia
December 19th, 2016, 05:35 AM
Well I'll do that for you and you can do all the rest of my sewing for me... :D