PDA

View Full Version : projects for the new year

Divine Daisy
December 29th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Hi hi hi

Today i went out of the village for the first time sinse Christmas Eve! Wow Daisy World is still turning out there lol

I ordered my Accuquilt Go Baby and also bought some fabric for projects i have planned for next year. So i thought if i put them down on paper here (so to speak) i will be a) committed and b) hopefully not get distracted by some yummy fabric i see somewhere and wander off track.

First of all between now and new year i promise to finish 2 Christmas projects started but not finished because of the wedding and then getting the snots.

After that i have.....:-

1) A quilt for my Mum who is in a care home with dymentia. She used to collect anything with owls on so i have designed a quilt with a central panel with an appliqued owl sitting on the branch of a tree. Maybe will add a small song bird too and obviously leaves etc. I have the fabric which is the green moda Bliss and some additional rasberry yardage.

2) A daisy quilt for Heather. It will be just a lap quilt and will be duck egg blues to go with her new curtains. For this i will use the Funky Flower die that i bought with the accuquilt.

3) A diappearing nine patch quilt using some totally divine sweetpea fabric i got just before Christmas. This will be for my (cough) SIL who hopefully will not declare that 'it takes little talent'

4) Two flower fairy quilts for the grand daughters of a friend.

5) another Daisy Quilt for the same friend but this time in burnt oranges.

Ok thats it and should keep me going till the spring.

I will not buy more fabric until these projects are done............I will not buy more fabric until these projects are done............I will not buy more fabric until these projects are done.

Join in the New Year mantra ladies and let us know what you have planned in the sewing room for 2012!

Klasien
December 29th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Wauw, good luck with all your projects!!

I feel a lot of pictures coming up of all the nice things you're planning to make!

I will finish all the things that I'm working on right now, after that I'll order new fabric at MSQC.......so I'm half way quilting a small quilt, I'm not even half way quilting a big quilt, I have all the blocks done for a mid size quilt......so I need to put that one together.
Besides that all the mugrugs, totes, etc etc...

A friend of mine is going to have a baby so I will start my first babyquilt , want to make a ragquilt for her I think.
So lots of things too. But all fun!!!

Love to be here, you Ladies have given me so much inspiration I can go on and on in my little sewingspace.
Thanks for that!!!

Klasien

DCM
December 29th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I have so many projects I'd like to complete in 2012 -- I need to finish a growth chart for my great niece -- it's a really cute giraffe and tree and I'm hand quilting (don't enjoy hand quilting) around all the giraffe spots, which is slowing my progress. I need to finish a queen sized quilt top for my son (will send it off to be machine quilted), quilt and bind a baby quilt for a coworker, make a detailed tree applique wall hanging for myself for my office. I just bought a dresden template, a tumbler template, and a half hexagon template for the charm packs so I'd like to make something with each of those. I also just ordered a twisted sister pattern and template as well as a sea turtle quilt pattern. I think I'd better get off the computer and back to the sewing machine :)

nyelphaba
December 29th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I need to quilt four which are basted and ready to go, however I am not ready. I want to make a 10" Tumbler quilt, and I do have the fabric for it. I also want to make a Twister, using the 10" template and I am considering a simple Bargello. We'll see .

Bubby
December 29th, 2011, 04:13 PM
THE LIST SCARES ME BUT HERE GOES: FINISH UP THE FOLLOWING QUILTS THAT ARE IN VARYING STAGES OF CONSTRUCTION....LOG CABIN.....DRESDEN PLATE 1930'S.....LUNA NOTTE......JELLYROLL RACE QUILT.....JELLYCAKE MADE FROM PRAYER FLAG AND SCOTTY DOG QUILT. IN ADDITION I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A D9P FROM THE ETCHINGS LINE AND A FEW MORE TABLE RUNNERS AND PILLOWCASES. IF I GET ALL THIS DONE I WILL BE TOTALLY AMAZED!!!!

quiltingtrish
December 29th, 2011, 04:42 PM
OK - I'll list mine.
1. Start and continually work on the all hand-applique Block of The Month kit.
Start is the big word here because I've been known to put something off if I don't understand the pattern the first time. No, really!! And sometimes, it's put off for a few years! Really! I will have you know that it is sitting on my kitchen table so I can start cutting the background pieces but had to come over here to take a break cause I forgot to plug the iron in. Of course it's hot now, but now I am writing my list to you all. See how easily distracted you all can make me. It's your fault.
2. A Cathedral Windows quilt. I'll sew the background pieces by machine but the windows will be added by hand. I just LOVE, LOVE the Cathedral Windows quilts and want a large one so I don't expect it to be finished by December but I can get it started so I have something to work on when I need to sit.
3. A Wholecloth Quilt - I have the first 6 or 7 blocks that are pre-marked so all that takes is picking them up to work on. Only 1 block is completed.

Now, the other projects I have are: at least 2 - 4 Patch Posey quilts, 2- 10 Minute Block quilts (one using small 5" blocks and one using the 10" blocks), 2 Valentine Quilts, , 3 Paddington Bear quilts (each of the kids will get one for their first born whenever they have them, but I will be ready!), I have a bunch of the little quilt houses that I want to put into some kind of a quilt, a Braid Quilt, a Moose panel I have, a flannel rag quilt, a cat quilt showing all our cats we've had over the years, a few folk art panel quilts - one for the bed and another for a wall hanging, have lots of cute Christmas fabrics so want to design something for them, and want to do something with the dresden plates. They are so pretty with all the fabrics you can put into those.

Well, there's the list. Of course I won't get them all done, but that's my list. And the only things I will have to buy for all this stuff is the batting at some point cause I have all the fabrics, patterns, threads, etc. to get it all done. If I get bored with all this, I can always pull out a kit or other quilty project I have stashed in bins that need worked on too. I will have a project that's ready to be picked up to work on at all times. I spend too much time sitting and not doing.

Better get back to my iron. It's calling me.

Hugs,

Meli
December 29th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Here are my projects so far:
1) Make a simple Tessellation quilt for my son in Afghanistan (knowing it will likely get to him about the time he makes it back to Fort Drum, New York in late February)
2) Create 30 blocks for the Polkadot Party block exchange and send them off to pdjewelrylady by Feb 25th
3) Make the Colores (http://www.elizabethanne.cc/product-detail/colores)quilt by April 1 for my best friend's 20th wedding anniversary
4) My oldest friend just asked me for a quilt. She hasn't given me any specifics, but I know she and her husband really like Mission/Craftsman style. Anyone know where I can find a pattern for something like that? If not, I have the feeling I'll be finding a Mission-style stained glass window I like and converting the design into a quilt block.
Ok, that takes me through the next 6 months, I'm sure. I'm sure I can fit it in. Who needs sleep, right?

Sandy Navas
December 29th, 2011, 05:42 PM
3) A diappearing nine patch quilt using some totally divine sweetpea fabric i got just before Christmas. This will be for my (cough) SIL who hopefully will not declare that 'it takes little talent'

I'm sorry. I so wouldn't do this. I'd send her a snot locker full of snot!!

deedum
December 29th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Oh, I so need to get moving on these projects.
I have bought beautiful flannel to make 2 rag quilts
I want to make the tumbler baby quilt
A quilt as you go baby quilt
scrappy turning twenty full size
and make as many Christmas gifts as I can possibly do for 2012

brook
December 30th, 2011, 02:34 AM
You guys make me tired just by reading about your projects. At the moment the only projects I'm planning on, is doing the quilting on my pinwheel quilt, put the 3Dudes quilt together, But I think my main goal is to get a handle on quilting GOOD boarders! : P

Bubby
December 30th, 2011, 02:39 AM
I just watched Jenny's new tutorial on the wacky spider web quilt and I need to add it to my list above!!!! Barb

Genny
December 30th, 2011, 03:02 AM
I'm sorry. I so wouldn't do this. I'd send her a snot locker full of snot!!

You made me laugh so hard that I snorted and almost wet myself...lol...:lol:

Meli
December 30th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Stopped by the fabric store tonight and picked up three gorgeous batiks: sky blue, muted orange, and a deep rust red. These will turn into the tessellation quilt for my oldest son. Probably won't get to him before he leaves Afghanistan the end of February, but he'll have it in northern New York. And my Q-snap floor frame I ordered will ship tomorrow. Now if I can just get my machine back from the shop, I can get going!

janluna
December 31st, 2011, 01:23 AM
I'll be finishing as much as I can, when I can. It all depends on where Emily ends up. So far looks like Wisconsin but that could change to NYC. It depends on who does the best transplant on kids. So far Wisconsin looks like the best bet. If I don't finish something I have started my DH is going to be really disgusted with me. Mostly because I bought all this fabric and it's all in my sewing room untouched. We've been busy. And I have been sick and sick at heart. Hugs, Jan L.

ChristineB
December 31st, 2011, 01:39 AM
I have so many projects I'd like to complete in 2012 -- I need to finish a growth chart for my great niece -- it's a really cute giraffe and tree and I'm hand quilting (don't enjoy hand quilting) around all the giraffe spots, which is slowing my progress. I need to finish a queen sized quilt top for my son (will send it off to be machine quilted), quilt and bind a baby quilt for a coworker, make a detailed tree applique wall hanging for myself for my office. I just bought a dresden template, a tumbler template, and a half hexagon template for the charm packs so I'd like to make something with each of those. I also just ordered a twisted sister pattern and template as well as a sea turtle quilt pattern. I think I'd better get off the computer and back to the sewing machine :)
Hi DCM, oh boy, you have a lot to do! Can I ask you- I also have a growth quilt to make (I saw the panel and liked it so I bought it for my granddaughter!) My question is: what kind of batting do you use??? I have no idea, thanks for your help!

toggpine
December 31st, 2011, 03:24 AM
I can't type up the list, as it would give me carpal tunnel syndrome as well as a huge case of depression! I did put a shorter list on my blog under NewYear's Resolutions for 2011. I think most will roll over to 2012!