PDA

View Full Version : The weather outside is frightful

Monique
December 18th, 2016, 02:12 PM
And my dear, some people aren't able to come to the wedding. It is a good thing we arrived Friday and that Phil and Jodi arrived yesterday for we wouldn't have made it either. Snow and freezing rain today, nasty. Feeling sad that the rest won't be here with us but better alive than killed or hurt in accidents.

Bubby
December 18th, 2016, 02:19 PM
So sorry to hear about your weather. The same is going on here. Several have been killed while driving on ice. If there are just a few attending, it can still be a beautiful ceremony. How are you feeling, Monique?

Cathy F
December 18th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Morning all,
Monique, it will still be a beautiful wedding, and the other guests will be there in spirit.
Yesterday's snow has been washed away which makes me very happy. Finished my snowman, and posted a picture if you'd like to see him. I will be sorry to see him go but my sister will give him a good home!
Had trouble with my machine yesterday till I was ready to give up but persevered and finally it's back to embroidering normal. I think there was a bit of something caught in the tension plate. Used some dental floss to clean it and now it's back to normal.

Have a good day and stay warm!

JCY
December 18th, 2016, 04:43 PM
It's already after lunch. I went to church the morning. It was -5 deg. Bitter cold! The snow crunched under the car tires. Now it's sunny & mid-20's. It should be warmer as the week progresses. At least people are driving sensibly on the compact snow/ice roads.

I'm hoping to get more work done today on the Broken Orange Peel QIP. I got no sewing done yest. I enjoyed the open house at my LSQ. Had some goodies & took advantage of 30% off on various notions. Got some bobbins, needles, a refill for my Fons & Porter water soluble fabric glue stick, & Jenny Doan's 2.5" x 8" green ruler that she uses freq. for cutting. I found 15 FQs @ $1.00 ea. in the orphan corner. Also bought 3 yds. of 50% off yardage which will work nicely for a backing. They will have another year end sale after Christmas. I feel so blessed to have such a nice store in my area where all the staff are friendly; they've really become my friends. The owners are Christians & such nice folks. They collected shoe boxes for Samaritan's Purse in Nov. & have had other projects for charities. They have on going classes. It's where I took my beginning quilting class in 2010. The other class I took there was the "Junk to Gems" quilt pattern. (Pics in my albums.)

Sewing Room, here I come!

Patsquilting
December 18th, 2016, 06:14 PM
It is amazing how different one part of the country is from another. Woke up this morning, was 69 deg at 5:30. By 7:00 was down to 52 and rain moved in. Keeps dropping - 'tis winter. Earlier in the week, woke up to low teens. As long as everyone is safe indoors and healthy - can't ask for any more.

MaryUK
December 18th, 2016, 07:04 PM
I feel so sorry for you all battling through snow, rain and cold temperatures. It is unusually warm here so plenty of rain and miserable days but I fear we will pay for it later.
Haven't been in my sewing room for a number of days but had a lovely time at church today. The Youth church (aged 5-14) took over the morning service to deliver the Christmas story with a modern twist. There were many carols and while some of the service was errr interesting you gotta love 'em for giving their all!!!
Then we had our annual carol service this evening - it was great and certainly puts a person in the mood for Christmas.
I have to work tomorrow (usually my day off) but get Wednesday off instead - do you think it's possible to sandwich and Quilt a lap quilt and a single bed sized quilt in 4 evenings and 1 day or am I setting myself up to fail? Only doing SITD!!!