PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Night Owl

kimsophia
December 18th, 2016, 03:26 AM
Hoot hoot! How cold it is where you are? It is 2 degrees F here and feels like -12, but I know a lot of places are seeing worse!

I watched the Golden State Warriors play because they make me feel happy, unlike watching the Bulls which makes me feel sick... D: We just got humiliated twice in a row by the Bucks. HORRIBLE. They kept dunking on us! Well it was awful. I know we can play better than that as we've beaten the Cavs and the Spurs but we are now getting creamed. :(

I did a little hand embroidery tonight for DH's present. Any sewing in your nest?

shawnan
December 18th, 2016, 03:41 AM
I don't know if I should post our temperatures. It will make them real and otherwise I can just pretend it isn't that bad.

-26 (that is minus) with wind chill of -44 (again that is minus) Oh and we got about 4 inches of snow. Isn't that just horrible. My house and my sewing area are both warm though so I am happy. I did some baking today and that always makes me happy when we have cold and snow. I do need to finish up some things for Christmas but they will have to wait until tomorrow.

Nancy

EsGrandma
December 18th, 2016, 04:04 AM
1 degree here but it is really, really cold! Worked on finishing (hopefully) a couple of little knit reindeer hats for grandaughters. Have put away most unfinished Christmas projects - will tackle them next July. Want to concentrate on a quilt for a little girl whose dad is in hospice. Need to get to my to do list and get to bed - good night to all.

Juliet Taylor
December 18th, 2016, 06:25 AM
here is not that cold, not my problem until tomorrow when I have to go to work since I've been grounded at home due to a high fever since Thursday :D
My home is warm and so is my couhc where I spent the last days.
I'm enjoying some cross-stitch like I didn't do for years... love me some mindless pretty cross-stitch that I can do while binge watch tv series just resting. Amazing. I already feel better :)

kimsophia
December 18th, 2016, 06:58 AM
DH and I have been watching "The Crown" on Netflix and "The Man in the High Castle" on Amazon Prime. He's been watching "Black Mirror", which he says is like the Twilight Zone, but I watched one episode with him and that was enough for me. I went in to my sewing room to work while he watched the second episode and I hear through the door a lot of agonized screaming. Heck, I can do that in real life...

It is currently -11 degrees and -33 degrees wind chill... :/

Cokie
December 18th, 2016, 12:47 PM
I don't know if I should post our temperatures. It will make them real and otherwise I can just pretend it isn't that bad.

-26 (that is minus) with wind chill of -44 (again that is minus) Oh and we got about 4 inches of snow. Isn't that just horrible. My house and my sewing area are both warm though so I am happy. I did some baking today and that always makes me happy when we have cold and snow. I do need to finish up some things for Christmas but they will have to wait until tomorrow.

Nancy

Oh, Nancy...keep warm! We lived in Nebraska for several years and I remember that cold. Some people don't believe it when I tell them about it. And where we lived, the snow would drift something awful! I'm glad you're in a nice warm house with things to enjoy when it's so cold outside!