PDA

View Full Version : Thursday!!

Blondie
December 29th, 2011, 08:50 AM

Thursday already ??

Good Morning Folksies
Drive by hellos - still have company - both up and down the hill - gots to get to work - but hey - thinking of y'all most fondly, hoping to have time to sit down and visit soon.
Blessings to all!

MRoy
December 29th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Good morning...It's my last day at work until next Tuesday! Yay! I'm down in my back and hobbling around so I'm hoping to make it through the entire day. I have those in need of prayer in my thoughts and I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Bubby
December 29th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
Just got DH off to work. I'm doing a few loads of laundry and then I'll be driving to the next town to buy food. We have a small grocery store here in Licking and they do have good sales, but for the basics I do a lot better at WalMart. It's going to get really warm today, so I'm taking advantage of it!

I guess I will take the Christmas tree and decorations down this weekend and get the house back in order. In the meantime I'm sorting through my sewing room and writing notes to myself (how sad is this!) about where everything is stashed...LOL!!! The crazy thing about this is that I will most likely lose my notes! I think I'll put them in the computer..... will someone please remind me to do this!!

No news is good news, so they say. I'm getting off here and will check back with you later. Blondie, enjoy your family!!!

Hugs, Barb

DCM
December 29th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Blondie -- love the picture -- that's how I feel today!
MRoy -- hope you're feeling better. Back problems are so painful.
I hope to get a lot done on the quilt top for my DS today. Started the day with a slice of homemade fruitcake (yum :)) and coffee.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Loonwatcher
December 29th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Morning. Bitter cold here. Stopped snowing in the night. I think we got about 12-13 inches. There are still cars in the ditches that were just left there last night. We are a ski resort town so we're mobbed with tourists (just try going in the grocery store after work..UGH) so they will be very glad to get some snow on the mountains. We need the business to make up for all the losses during Tropical Storm Irene.

Well I've been sniffing and coughing since I was sick in early Dec. Coughs got so bad yesterday morning that I finally called and went to the doc's. Not pneumonia, YAY, but Ido have an upper respiratory infection (can't remember the technical name). Got antibiotics for that, Claritin (generic version) for the sinuses and generic Mucinix for the mucus. I sure hope that does the trick. I don't really feel that bad, just sick of being stuffy and coughing. My chest and neck muscles are protesting all the coughing. I think I need a massage (good thing I got a gift cert. for one at Xmas).

Prayers to those in need. I haven't heard about Emily and Heaven lately. Hope they are doing okay.

Have a wonderful day!

quiltingtrish
December 29th, 2011, 11:15 AM
wowzer - 12-13 inches, I'd be in for a week or more! Me and snow don't do well together.
Katie leaves for her trip to Arkansas. Please send up a prayer for the pilots. Her brother is taking her to the airport. Better send one up for him too, as he is the one who tolerates her better than her other brother.

It's funny that you mention, Barb, that you have to make lists of where your projects are stashed. I not only do that but since I tend to separate the bigger ones into plastic bins, I also write on the outside of the bins what is in there. Then, of course I have slightly larger bins where I put several projects and write down 'blue bin has ....". I keep my lists in a 3 ring notebook that I keep at my computer. It disappeared but did find it. :))) I don't keep the lists in my computer cause if it crashes, I would need a back-up.
I did start my quilty to-do list last night. Instead of writing down every single project I own to start or finish and what stages the project(s) are in, I just wrote up the basic name of the project. It doesn't look as daunting since I don't have 90 some things written down, just about 15 or so. Of course, under 1 listing - there could be 3 of them or more there hiding in the rafters. Like those 4 Patch Posies, I have fabric pulled to make 2 of those and for the 10 Minute Block pattern, I have fabrics to make 3 of those. Well, what can I say - there is just so much beautiful fabric out there that it just all talks to me and doesn't shut up until I get it home and then it says 'well, I'll just sit here now that you've got me until you are ready to make me into something special'. Go ahead, it talks to you all as well, doesn't it?

Best get moving here or it will keep on talking! I am determined to spend the day to start working on the new Block of The Month I ordered and started receiving the blocks back in November. It's all applique and I just need to make a decision on which way I want to do the applique part and go for it.

Hope you all have a great Thursday. Prayers still coming for Emily and Heather.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
December 29th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I just stopped in to say hello. Not much to report here but I'm nosy enough to want to know what others are doing. Think I'll head over to visit with Mom for a bit today. I'm ignoring things that need to be done at home!!

Wishing everyone the most wonderful day and sending prayers to all my friends in need.

LynneLeavell
December 29th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Just a little note to say Hi and I hope everyone is doing well. I am so behind this week. I am only off four more days and nowhere where I wanted to me on my todo list. I still have to finish my great Nephews quilt and get it to the quilter this weekend. They are having the shower for him on the 22 of January and have moved my nieces due date from March 4 to February 14. My daughter is off the rest of the week as well and her two boys 3 and 2 are home as well, so Granny does not get much sewing done when they are around. They want to help. Oh well it will get done. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and God Bless.

BellasQuilts
December 29th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Good morning all! Took Christmas down yesterday and cleaned a bit. Started cutting for the polka dot quilt. Today the kids have their 2nd appt with Dr. If all is well then we can let the cat out of the bag and tell we are going to be grandparents! Well, I already told you all cuz I couldn't stand not sharing that news!

Today is more cutting and a bit of shopping at the store. Now have to get ready for New Years!

Hugs to all and saying prayers for those that need them!

stitching woman
December 29th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Clean up the Christmas after-mess and getting the house back to some sort of order. Have had company popping in and out and really enjoying that. Visited friends yesterday did a little sewing last night.

Hope everyone is slowly getting back to normal and enjoying the last of their days off.

Prayers for those in need of them and hugs to all.

HandsOffItsMine
December 29th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Morning all, after spending yesterday organizing my fabrics, kits and scraps. I realize I just need some solids for sashing and need to stop buying patterned fabric. LOL Like that will really happen.

Now to work on the project schedule for 2012...

Have a wonderful day all, prayers and hugs for all, Ruby

quilter.martha
December 29th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Good afternoon to you all--

Yep, I'm back. It's good to be on the forum after a whole week of being gone. We got back from our trip to San Diego Tuesday night. Yesterday we squeezed in our one traditional trip to the LLBean flag store in Freeport, ME, and that officially ends our Christmas. Today is catch up day, but boy I feel so tired.

The trip home was as you'd expect for a funeral and Christmas in 2 days. It was bitter-sweet. Mom's funeral was beautiful. The church was all decorated with poinsettias and garlands. And, I managed to do my part in the service without crying. Infact, I managed to keep it all together until Christmas day, when my dad handed out his gifts. A little history is needed here--my dad makes jewelry and for many, many years has given my mom the best of everything he'd ever made. Well, he picked out (with the help of one of my sisters) items from Mom's jewelry box and gave it to all us gals. The tag on the boxes said: To Martha, from Mom's Jewelry Box. That got us all teary eyed. Even the granddaughters got something.

But, all in all, it was a good trip. I'm thankful for being with the family this first Christmas without Mom. We all leaned on each other, as it should be. But, does it ever feel good to be home!

More another time--I've got lots of catching up here to do first.

debinmalaga
December 29th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Hello all, and hope everyone is having a nice evening.