PDA

View Full Version : Web Page

acarskaddon
December 28th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I have been trying to get on to the Web Page since yesturday to purchase what is in my cart but for some reason I am unable to open the pages to view any items or the cart to finish my purchase.

joanne11
December 28th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Something must of changed around xmas eve, cause I cant get in either. I use Google chrome. Ive cleaned my cookies and restarted and still unable to get to the home page. IE works though, go figure. Hope they check it out cause I cant stand IE.

acarskaddon
December 28th, 2011, 04:52 PM
What is IE?

CrazyMtnLady
December 28th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I believe IE is Internet Explorer.

happygram
December 29th, 2011, 02:29 AM
When I use IE, Firefox, or Chrome, I can usually get to the website, but when I try and search or click on something (like Precuts or Florals, etc.) everything seems to stop and my computer says..."connecting"...and sometimes the website times out.
This doesn't seem to happen to me on the Forums.

I just wanted to let someone know what I'm experiencing in case that helps in figuring out what's wrong with the website.

brook
December 29th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Many times when I'm looking around at the Quilt Shop, I get the loading icon and eventually have to close down Firefox.

BillNye
December 29th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I'm still not sure exactly what's changed, but I am definitely working on it. It is even happening on my personal computer using chrome (not in an incognito window though surprisingly enough?) It appears we had a security feature installed on the server that is blocking legitimate traffic. I am working with the company that has our servers now to get the configuration right. We are having a lot of traffic on the site right now, so most people are getting through, I just have to figure out why it's picking on us. I'll post here when I have something for you to try, if you can keep trying and letting me know if it works for you (every few hours) I'll keep giving feedback here too

eup584
December 29th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I'm glad it's not just me. I've been having problems off and on since a week or so before Christmas. It usually seems to happen after I've added a couple things to my cart or have done some product searches. So far, I've only tried opening the site with IE, so I'm not sure if a different browser would help. I've had the problem both at home and work and restarting my computer does not help. I know Sarah has posted on Facebook and the blog to clear the cache and cookies, but that doesn't always help, and I'm hoping for a fix that doesn't require that. Not only does it clear all my saved info from other sites everytime I do that, but I wouldn't think that should be necessary since I've never had to do that for any other website. I'm sure they're working on it! MSQC is definitely my favorite quilting site!

brook
December 30th, 2011, 01:23 AM
I don't know if it's fixed, but I just went to the quilt shop and did several things to try and get it stuck, and couldn't. Soooo maybe it's healed. : ) Would love to hear if others are still having glitches?

MRoy
December 30th, 2011, 09:00 AM
It's still acting up. I can't get in with Firefox or IE unless I clear the browsing history often.

bellina50
December 30th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I can't access it either, Myrna

BillNye
December 30th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I think I have it figured out, I am rebuilding a different server config now that will fix it, but the issues will continue to pop up here and there until I get moved over to the new one. Here's to a long weekend, but we'll be back at 100% soon!

Nena
December 30th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Hi Billy-
I am also having problems with the main site----I can't get on no matter what I do-the forums is the only place I can get on. Any suggestions? I never had a problem until 2 days ago. I am getting frustrated.

amandcr
January 1st, 2012, 01:57 AM
I haven't been able to get to the site from Firefox for almost a week. I was in the middle of ordering the daily deal of Domestic Bliss Charm Squares when it stopped working. I was not even able to complete my order. I hope it gets fixed soon because i like shopping with Missouri Star Quilt and i hate missing the deals! ;)

amandcr
January 2nd, 2012, 11:34 PM
I'm still having no luck accessing the website. It's such a shame because i would really like to place an order...

Canuck
January 12th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I E is notorious for messing about,but what else can we do about it eh?I agree clear out the history and cache often. :)