PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday -- Starting off great!!

DCM
December 28th, 2011, 09:54 AM
It's a great morning when I'm off work AND the dog lets me sleep until 6:00!! Have a wonderful Wednesday -- happy quilting!!

Loonwatcher
December 28th, 2011, 10:12 AM
We had allot of rain last night. Today the temps will fall sharply, the wet roads will freeze and then snow on top of that. Winter in Vermont!

I'll be stopping at my LQS after work for a quick lesson on mitered borders. Always something new to learn.

Hope everyone has a great day.

quiltingtrish
December 28th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Morning everyone!
Was ready to write up my quilty list for next year - writing down 'due' dates sure helps, but when I couldn't find my quilty 3 ring binder, I got the energy to rearrange the basement! Took about 8 hours but I got 2 areas down there completely reversed and now noone will be stomping through my area and everything is in one place. I'll have to get photos later this week cause I'm still putting things away and trying to find places to put the stuff. Yes, definately a no-buying year until I have cleared out some of what I have. :)))
A windy blustery day today. Plus I have some friend coming for a visit later this afternoon. Sister coming with some gifts - can't wait to see everyone.
Looks like I'll have Odie drive Katie to the airport tomorrow. Her flight takes off tomorrow at 5 and it's supposed to snow shower by 3. Aarrgh. You all know I don't even do snow 'showers'. That's when it turns ugly with me on the road. Then the weathermen say something like 'didn't know it would get that bad'.
Well, better go start my day up here. There is lots to do in the basement yet.
Hugs,

Sandy Navas
December 28th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I'm laughing, Trish. You didn't say whether or not you'd found your notebook!! That's what I need to do. I have a couple journals I've started to record projects . . . and they each have the first page filled and the rest is blank. I'm not a good journal keeper, am I.

Excitement around here last night. Late call from neighbors (we're pretty countrified here) and seems there was an accident on the highway not far from us. The occupants ran - broke into a home 3 doors down to hide. Police/sheriff caught the female but the male was still at large. My paranoid husband grabbed his baseball bat (proclaiming his need to purchase a shotgun), ran around turning on lights outside, and making sure all doors were locked and blocked, security system engaged . . . I just calmly walked to the bedroom, got in bed and slept. Amazing!

I am getting so fed up with advertisers filling my e-mail inbox with spam!!! Seems every place that I go (even on quilting sites) has a sale on my e-mail address. I have unsubscribed to a thousand (it seems) this weekend and still get them! Urgh!!!

Have to make a grocery run today. I'm still trying to catch up with laundry. Did do some cleaning on Monday, slept all day yesterday - well, not really slept, but went back to bed after lunch and just rested. I have decided not to venture into the sewing room until I've cleaned upstairs and have the Christmas decorations put away. Then the first project will be to finish Michelle's quilt - the cat one.

Have a wonderful day, my quilty friends. I"m sending prayers, warm wishes, hugs, and leftover cookies.

cyndiofthevortex
December 28th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone,

I did not want to get out of bed today! I guess I'm not the only one having a hard time recovering from Christmas. I hate the thought of tackling that tree in the living room. How is it something that is so pretty on Sunday is now a monster daring me to go near it? It isn't just dropping it's needles - it throws them at me when I go in the room.

I basted Delilah's butterfly quilt yesterday but when I brought it to my machine I could not quilt it! It seemed overwhelming to me, and I've been sewing like a crazed woman the whole month of December. So to respect my "quilter's block" I instead have started to organize my little sewing room. I found some old friends in some of my fabric bins! I think they missed me while I was off with other, newer fabrics. I promised them I'd be back to see them again soon.

Off I go into the wild blue yonder!

Cyndi

CrazyMtnLady
December 28th, 2011, 11:47 AM
It's a great morning when I'm off work AND the dog lets me sleep until 6:00!! Have a wonderful Wednesday -- happy quilting!!

Wow, nice that the dog let you sleep till 6:00.. TarButt got me up at 4:30 to go out. I went back to bed for about 90 minutes but she decided that it would be best if I didn't go back to sleep!!!!! The horse and the mule were happy I was awake so early though, they got their hay sooner! There is a stray tiger cat around too so I put some extra cat found out in the hay tent for it. But I think my other two cats keep chasing it off. Don't know yet if it is male or female. Hopefully male.. do not want any little kittens around. Well.. that's not true... I would love to have them.. the DH does not want anymore little kittens.

Have decided to make today a productive day and make a batch of Awesome Onion Bread and some Potato Soup. Plus we may have to go cut a load of wood and get it split and stacked in the house. Our supply is getting low. But luckily we are suppose to be getting some 60 degree weather in the next few days..... :)

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

cyndiofthevortex
December 28th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Donna, come back and give me the recipe for Awesome Onion Bread! It sounds like the perfect thing for this cold, snowless day here in New Hampshire!

Cyndi

BellasQuilts
December 28th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Good morning everybody! Sandy, I bet if they were quilt thieves you would have been standing at your machine ready to smack them with your iron! LOL.

Today is sew three seat cushions with left over material from the pool table cover and take down Christmas. Got to get ready for New Years. We are going to participate in a Progressive Dinner and I drew dessert, which means decorate for the count down. No idea what to do for desserts.

Hope everyone has a stellar day today whether at work or home doing projects!

Bubby
December 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM
My Wednesday started off in slow motion and is continuing at that pace. Sandy, I'm right there with you....can't find my quilting journal (may have to start a new one), rested most of the day yesterday and slept in late this morning. I won't sew again until next week some time. I started a big pot of beans with ham for dinner tonight with cornbread, fried taters and slaw. DH's tongue will slap his brains out!!!...this is one of his favorite meals. Cyndi...I wish my tree was taken down and everything cleaned up. If you gets your's done, will you come over and give me a hand with mine????

Has anyone heard from Martha???

I'm off to see the wizard....hope you all have a good day. Hugs all around...Barb

toggpine
December 28th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Hi everybody!
I think it's like an after Christmas crafting hangover. We were all so focused on getting those projects done that nothing else mattered. Now we just want a little bit of a break, even if it's only for a day or two.
We HAVE to get the tree back outside today or tomorrow. It is alive and will go into shock if it is left inside too long. Today would be great as Em is staying with Nana overnight. I plan on the final assimilation of the presents into the regular play things this afternoon too. I hear a trip to Goodwill in the works.

Well, gotta get moving or the day will be gone again!
Have a great one! Cathy

bakermom
December 28th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Sandy i have to laugh at your "countrified" comment. I was raised in the country, and it wasn't unusual to have someone knock at the door with local happenings at all hours. You knew everyone would answer the door without hesitation.
I remember one time a guy knocked about 3am with "i found your pony wandering" but it wasn't ours! Dad tied it up(such a small community we recognized the pony)and called the owners. they sent their son out on foot to bring it home-about a mile walk.

CrazyMtnLady
December 28th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Donna, come back and give me the recipe for Awesome Onion Bread! It sounds like the perfect thing for this cold, snowless day here in New Hampshire!

Cyndi

First loaf just came out of the oven and I am eating a piece while it is still warm. Go to the Yummy Recipe forum and I will put the recipe there.

mamaquilt
December 28th, 2011, 08:19 PM
no-buying year until I have cleared out some of what I have. ))

KEEP THAT IN MIND FOR A WHOLE YEAR!!!!! We'll take about it by Dec 2012. I tried last year and it didn't work out. I'll keep on trying 2012, maybe by the end of the year I'll find a difference in my stash, hopefully

greetings from the Grand Duchy

mamaquilt
December 28th, 2011, 08:26 PM
@ quilting trish
sorry forgot to post it with the correct adress

quiltingtrish
December 28th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Sandy - I found the binder! Still putting fabric away though.

MamaQuilt - yeah, I don't know how far into 2012 I will get to before I break down. We'll see - hehe.

Hugs,

mommadeb
December 28th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Wow, nice that the dog let you sleep till 6:00.. TarButt got me up at 4:30 to go out. I went back to bed for about 90 minutes but she decided that it would be best if I didn't go back to sleep!!!!! The horse and the mule were happy I was awake so early though, they got their hay sooner! There is a stray tiger cat around too so I put some extra cat found out in the hay tent for it. But I think my other two cats keep chasing it off. Don't know yet if it is male or female. Hopefully male.. do not want any little kittens around. Well.. that's not true... I would love to have them.. the DH does not want anymore little kittens.
Have decided to make today a productive day and make a batch of Awesome Onion Bread and some Potato Soup. Plus we may have to go cut a load of wood and get it split and stacked in the house. Our supply is getting low. But luckily we are suppose to be getting some 60 degree weather in the next few days..... :)

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

Is your dog really named TarButt? I LOVE it! What a funny name.

Monique
December 28th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Coming on the end of the day, and I am wiped out. I have been up since 4 am, could not get back to sleep. We had a snow storm here last night and today. About 4 inches. Had to go to work today on top of that. Roads were not the best, but I did get there. I did not have to work a full day and was back home by 3 pm. Son and his family are still here, for how long I am not sure. They may go back tomorrow. My poor baby is sick with the cold. She did not have a good night last night.

My Christmas package arrived from Victoria BC. A 12 1/2" square ruler, a quilting foot and a darning foot. Will have to wait until next week to try these.

Bedtime for thick chick. Nite nite all.

ChristineB
December 28th, 2011, 10:31 PM
It was a very quiet day in the office today. At one point I found my eyes closing in front of the computer - thankfully nobody can see my face when I'm looking at the computer! I really want to get into my sewing room but it temporarily changed into a gift wrapping room and I have to clean it up before starting cutting my fabric for the polka dot block swap. I think il do that tomorrow; tonight I'm going to rest!
Have a good evening everyone and a good day tomorrow!

Granny Judy
December 28th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Winding down for the day.. trying to get DD#2's quilt going. It took the back burner during the frenzy to get items done for gifts. Front is mainly done, working on the back (piecing together enough fabric to fit the front. Hoping I have enough in my Stash to "getter" done.

I'll have to clean and put away Christmas if I'm gonna have enough room to sandwich anything. Hope all is well with everyone.. Hugs.

lilmouse
December 28th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I just got off of work and am on the computer....finished a top part way last night..am showing the gals at our Quilting for soldiers how to take a straight block quilt and with two cuts and two sews put everything on point...easy peasy...it is ready to go for the demo...; have enough left over blocks am hoping to make 2 or 3 quilts for Quilts for Kids; have let that slide and it is time to go for it again.....may get something done once I am off the puter...you all have a good night's sleep and a wonderful day tomorrow..hugs for all who need it...Susie

CrazyMtnLady
December 28th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Yes Deb, my dog name is really TarButt! She is a blue heeler, black and white mostly but she is solid black around her tail like she sat in a puddle of tar. So before my husband even had her home for me to give her a name, he had named her TarButt. She was born on Christmas Day and just had her 3rd birthday. I tried to add a photo but it didn't upload.. don't know why. Anyway I will put a pic of her in an album on my profile. My avatar is of my pug Gator. He is my "baby dog" although he is over 10 years old. He is my pride and joy for sure. But TarButt is my protector, she really gets upset at my DH if he yells at me for any reason.....LOL