PDA

View Full Version : Friday is here

Monique
December 9th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Friday and it's a work day for me. I have all my projects lined up to take with me today. Oh yes, it's a work/quilt day. And Christmas card day too. It is a good place to get those done and mailed today.

Last night I completed another table runner. As Les says, I may have the market cornered on the table runner. LOL! But they make such lovely gifts. I took Doug shopping yesterday so he is all set for food. I also brought him Christmas dinner from the leftovers I brought home from the night before.

Ok so the wedding is next weekend. YIKES!! I guess I am about as ready as I am ever going to be. Although I had no hand or say on this one, just show up.

So on that note, you all have a wonderful day and weekend. See you Monday!!

sew-what2015
December 9th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Morning Monique!
Lot of snow last night but our area escaped the worst of it with changeover to rain.
Not much planned for today.....not in a quilting/sewing mode these last 2 days so may make trip to LQS......that might get me stoked.
Have a good day.

Bubby
December 9th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Hi Everyone..What little snow we had yesterday morning is gone. We have arctic cold and I mean cold!

Later today I will venture out to the post office and mail DD's box with her quilt and runner. Today I will finish up Christmas cards and string the lights on the Christmas tree panel wall hanging. I may add a few crystals, too.

I cooked a rump roast yesterday and we will have leftovers tonight. The Girls had beef in their dinner and couldn't get enough.

I wish everyone a great day!

Lyndaj
December 9th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Happy Friday everyone. It's been a bit of an adventure these last few days. First when I realized that I didn't account for the fact that the fabric I am putting on the back of the tardis quilt is directional and had to go buy more yesterday. Sigh. While I was in that town I dropped by a sewing dealer that I like a lot. They sell Brother, Janome and Bernina. I just went to talk and maybe figure out where to go next. Since I won't look at Janome that narrowed the discussion and the sales person totally swayed me away from Brother. I was a little surprised by this and then I ended up looking at the very large Bernina machines worth tons of $ that I didn't buy last year. Interestingly, she had a trade in large Bernina that she was willing to give me an amazing deal on and she would take my Janome in trade. Well, I was kind of excited, even though this wasn't what I really wanted, but heck it is a Bernina and I have a large case of Bernina envy. So, when I came home and told DH who wasn't very amused, I then looked at reviews and they are dreadful on this machine including people having their entire machine replaced and in some cases, multiple times. I think not! The dealer was also supposed to email me yesterday some other prices and hasn't. I don't like folks with no integrity.

So, today I will go to the local Brother dealer and look for what I started looking for. I just want a reliable machine that won't have a problem sewing layers and will sew a very reliable scant 1/4" seam. Is that too much to ask?

Have a great weekend everyone.

mischiefkat
December 9th, 2016, 10:25 AM
Lyndaj,
May I ask which Janome you have.? I have a MC6600 P. I really like, but the embordry patterns on it are very small and no way to enlarge them. Kathy

MayinJerset
December 9th, 2016, 10:26 AM
No snow here on the East coast but an icy blast is supposed to hit us soon. DH and I stocked up at the supermarket yesterday so we're set in case some snow blows in with the cold front. I wouldn't mind a bit of snow as I can finish writing Christmas cards and getting my packages ready for mailing. Cold days are perfect for soup days so I'm making some creamy mushroom barley soup for dinner.

Lyndaj
December 9th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Lyndaj,
May I ask which Janome you have.? I have a MC6600 P. I really like, but the embordry patterns on it are very small and no way to enlarge them. Kathy

Kathy, it is a Janome MC8900QCP.

Angelia
December 9th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Happy Friday everyone. It's been a bit of an adventure these last few days. First when I realized that I didn't account for the fact that the fabric I am putting on the back of the tardis quilt is directional and had to go buy more yesterday. Sigh. While I was in that town I dropped by a sewing dealer that I like a lot. They sell Brother, Janome and Bernina. I just went to talk and maybe figure out where to go next. Since I won't look at Janome that narrowed the discussion and the sales person totally swayed me away from Brother. I was a little surprised by this and then I ended up looking at the very large Bernina machines worth tons of $ that I didn't buy last year. Interestingly, she had a trade in large Bernina that she was willing to give me an amazing deal on and she would take my Janome in trade. Well, I was kind of excited, even though this wasn't what I really wanted, but heck it is a Bernina and I have a large case of Bernina envy. So, when I came home and told DH who wasn't very amused, I then looked at reviews and they are dreadful on this machine including people having their entire machine replaced and in some cases, multiple times. I think not! The dealer was also supposed to email me yesterday some other prices and hasn't. I don't like folks with no integrity.

So, today I will go to the local Brother dealer and look for what I started looking for. I just want a reliable machine that won't have a problem sewing layers and will sew a very reliable scant 1/4" seam. Is that too much to ask?

Have a great weekend everyone.

Take a look at the Juki TL2010Q. It is quite powerful and great to use. I LOVE mine.

Lyndaj
December 9th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Take a look at the Juki TL2010Q. It is quite powerful and great to use. I LOVE mine.

Juki is very hard to find here in Canada.

EnumclawGramma
December 9th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Good Morning! Snow on my deck, snow in my yard, snow on the neighbor's roof! We got SNOW! Not as much or as bad (depending on perspective) as in our other house. We went for a walk last night with the dogs as it was falling, something I've not done since my 20s, and it was magical! My Mollie loves the snow. But BABY it's cold outside!

I've got one last push of organization today, getting ready for my DD and DGD to move in for a few months. Then I'm dedicating the rest of the month to my sewing room! With all the distractions of life it's sometimes hard to find time to sew!! Glad we're retired or it might never happen!

Ray and I are going to see "White Christmas" at a local community theater this weekend. I can't wait! We saw "A Christmas Story" there last year and it was very memorable. I think this is a new tradition for us.

Off to get this day going. Have a great Friday, hugs and prayers all 'round!

toggpine
December 9th, 2016, 02:31 PM
Our snow is being rained away here too. The kids are 2 hours late to school, so it is about time to drag the miss in from outside, get her in the shower, and ready for school.
No sewing until this afternoon for me. I have our last session of Art in the classroom today. Then, get out of my way! I have tutu to make and some other projects to complete.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 9th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Good Morning! Snow on my deck, snow in my yard, snow on the neighbor's roof! We got SNOW! Not as much or as bad (depending on perspective) as in our other house. We went for a walk last night with the dogs as it was falling, something I've not done since my 20s, and it was magical! My Mollie loves the snow. But BABY it's cold outside!

I've got one last push of organization today, getting ready for my DD and DGD to move in for a few months. Then I'm dedicating the rest of the month to my sewing room! With all the distractions of life it's sometimes hard to find time to sew!! Glad we're retired or it might never happen!

Ray and I are going to see "White Christmas" at a local community theater this weekend. I can't wait! We saw "A Christmas Story" there last year and it was very memorable. I think this is a new tradition for us.

Off to get this day going. Have a great Friday, hugs and prayers all 'round!

I just saw White Christmas this past Sunday! It was done by a community youth theatre group, and I was so impressed by their performances! I had forgotten how many iconic songs came from that show! Enjoy!

jjkaiser
December 9th, 2016, 07:24 PM
No sewing for me, probably for the rest of the month, sadly. My sewing room is a disaster, I am smack dab in the middle of a piecing project and have pieces cut and stacked up in little piles everywhere. Hope when I finally get back to it I can figure out what's what. I do have to get in there and clear off my cutting table as I use that for my wrapping--crawling around on the floor just doesn't cut it for me any more! I did go Xmas shopping on Monday with my sister ALL DAY & ALL NIGHT it is tradition for us. Really fun and we get about 99% of our shopping done in one day.

Tomorrow is our annual Christmas Cookie marathon baking day, another tradition. We bake from about 9 am to 9 pm--our grown children and our grandkids ages ranging 1-12 join us and again it is something we all look forward to. Many many sugar cookies are decorated by the little ones, they love to pile on the frosting and sprinkles! One of my daughters is a pastry chef who works at a bakery and a few years ago she said Mom why don't you just order plain undecorated cookies from the bakery and let the kids decorate those. I used to hand roll and cut them out myself prior to cookie day. Well the bakery cookies are much easier on me! This year I ordered 6 dozen!

Today we got our Christmas tree. It's not decorated yet, still have to get that stuff out of the attic. We just got a small tree, only about 5 feet tall. I love small trees even though I take lots of teasing from my kids about it being a Charlie Brown tree. And of course the weather outside was frigid!! About 15 degrees and the wind was howling. We picked the tree out pretty fast this year!

Well back to my to-do list. Lots of baking stuff to pull together before tomorrow. In reality I would just like a nap right now. Instead I am drinking even more coffee than usual!