PDA

View Full Version : Our Remodel is done!

seaturtle
December 8th, 2016, 10:49 AM
...or at least the parts involving the contractors are done. I will need to clean everything and put the stuff back. But we managed to do a major remodel between Thanksgiving and Christmas, get it completed, and nobody sued for divorce. I'd call that a great project! I may go buy a Christmas tree this weekend! Let the fun begin!

Bubby
December 8th, 2016, 11:04 AM
That's an amazing achievement. I'm well acquainted with remodeling and restorations and the stress that comes with it. Congratulations!

klgls
December 8th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Congratulations - remodeling definitely can be stressful and it looks like you had great success!!

Midge
December 8th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Cindy, now that is noteworthy! Glad you are all speaking to one another and you can decorate for the holidays.

Cathy F
December 8th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Congratulations on the remodel and that all went well, enjoy!

asta
December 8th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Congratulations Cindy! That must have been a hectic couple of weeks.

auntiemern
December 8th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Congratulation Cindy. Enjoy the holidays still married, and remodeled. ;)

pcbatiks
December 8th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Yay for you Cindy! Remodeling never goes as smoothly as we hope so that is a major accomplishment.....especially during the holidays.

cashs mom
December 8th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Congrats! So tell us what you did?

bubba
December 8th, 2016, 06:37 PM
When we did ours, we did it all ourselves. It was not easy, and yes, it got ugly. Like the day we were trying to put sheetrock on the ceiling......we are both 5'7" so it was not easy. When it came time for lunch I told him either we had to rent something to help us or I was going to the courthouse to file for divorce. He rented the proper piece of equipment ♥

Simply Quilting
December 8th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Yippee!! I am glad that you were able to get the remodel done before Christmas.

seaturtle
December 8th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Congrats! So tell us what you did?

We replaced all the flooring on the top 2 levels of the house - mostly hardwood, some porcelain tile, and some laminate. We started working on this project sometime in mid-October. Let's just say it was not a straight line from start to finish. Like when you're moving a toilet and you drop it on just completed porcelain tile that's prone to cracking.

But all's well that ends well. It is finished and we enjoyed a very nice dinner tonight.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 9th, 2016, 12:49 AM
Glad your job is finished! I know there are always things to finish up, so it's probably not really finished!

cashs mom
December 9th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Glad your job is finished! I know there are always things to finish up, so it's probably not really finished!

That is so true, Jean. We bought a fixer upper house 16 years ago. We're still fixer uppering. :lol: We'll probably be ready to move and still be working on it.