PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday

Blondie
December 27th, 2011, 09:54 AM

Good Morning Folksies!
It's been really really really fun and as always C-R-A-Z-Y around here. I thrive on chaos, so all is well.
Still have some chaotic days left until the official holidays are over for us. We have some friends that are staying with us the next day, on their way to Massachusetts to visit their child, one of my cousins arrived down at Mom's last night on their way back home and we have a few other relations coming in for the New Year.
Here is my post Merry Christmas to you and a most excellent Happy New Year. See you soon!

Loonwatcher
December 27th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Good Morning to All.

Blondie, so glad you are getting to enjoy family and friends from far and near. Have a wonderful remainder of your holidays and blessing for the new year.

Back to the grind for me today. It's supposed to be warm today and then get colder and snow tonight and tomorrow. We did have a white christmas at our house but by the time we drove (about 1 1/2 hrs.) to BIL's there was no snow.

Hope everyone has a great day.

mamaquilt
December 27th, 2011, 10:46 AM
No white Christmas here in Luxembourg, gray and rainy. But the chaos in our house is similar to all the houses, where some 20 people went in and outn the last couple of days.
Doing the laundry and ironing today, but we'll go for a walk later on. That 'll do us some good, to DH and me.

Nice day to everyone from Luxembourg

Bubby
December 27th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Hi Blondie & Everyone....

I guess this is back-to-the-grind day for most of us. We had a wonderful Christmas, very tranquil, good food, lots of calls from family and friends. DH was off yesterday but is back to work today.

My plans are to begin organizing and cleaning my sewing room this week. I also have end-of-year bookkeeping to do for our business and getting us set up for the new year. We still have plenty of holiday leftovers, so cooking won't be much of a chore for a day or so.

I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas and that your are looking forward to a happy and creative New Year!! Talk to you later...Barb

Mrs.Sew&Sew
December 27th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Hey everyone!
Well much the same here. Lots of family and friends in and out. Fun times had by all. Today thought back to reality. Must take the Christmas decorations down today. Then off to the sewing room to continue to put the BOM quilt together for the guild! Hope you all have a great week!
Hope You all Have a Happy New Year!

meemeecyn
December 27th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Good morning, everyone. Hope to get some 'cleaning out' done in the next few days....with a sprinkling of sewing thrown in for good measure! Take care all!
Cynthia

cyndiofthevortex
December 27th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone,

My DH is back to work and I am picking up the Christmas day debris today. I will be sewing, though! I made three quilt tops for my three granddaughters and they must be quilted this week if possible. Please go and look at them on the forum under show and tell, Three quilts for three granddaughters! I thrive on feedback and you guys are always so encouraging.

As my neighbor Nancy says, it's warm here today but weather is coming in the next few days. You might get snow, Loonwatcher, but we might just be stuck with wind and rain. Yuck.

On to a bit of cleaning interrupted by some sewing! No, that's not right! It has to be the other way around, doesn't it?

Cyndi

DCM
December 27th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Good morning -- I'm lucky to be off work until January 3rd. I hope to bake a fruitcake today and work on my DS quilt that I have to have pieced by mid-January to drop off to be quilted. Happy Tuesday to everyone!!

BellasQuilts
December 27th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Blondie, enjoy your crazy times with your family. We are here when things settle down and want to hear all the news!

I have the week off from work so it will be cleaning up from Christmas, and simply just enjoying some down time. On New Year's we do a rotating dinner. Drinks and hors d'oeuvres at one house, soup/salad at another, etc. We got dessert this year so now i have to find something creative for that. hmmmm. This is tough because I can't and hate to cook.

Hugs to all and have stellar day today!

bakermom
December 27th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Definately not a white Chrismas here. Yesterday I was out in a sweater and felt quite comfortable. Not typical December in the snow belt! I go back to work tonight. I enjoyed having a couple extra nights off, I could visit with family without having to cut out early to go in to work. We had a lovely Christmas, nice dinner with DS and DIL Christmas eve and then taking gifts around to the GKs on Christmas Day. took a plate of kalacs into my mom. she really enjoyed it, it was her family's recipe.
i've got the cookies condensed into one container and have the others washed up to pack away. I was very good yesterday and didn't buy up any more. I like to pick up tins and plates afterwards when they are marked down to nothing so i have containers to use as gifts for next year. after going thru my box i found i still had a number of new ones left from last year. i did splurge and buy a new box for the tree ornaments. The one I've been using is cardboard and held together with a lot of packing tape and prayer!

Divine Daisy
December 27th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Blondie, enjoy your crazy times with your family. We are here when things settle down and want to hear all the news!

I have the week off from work so it will be cleaning up from Christmas, and simply just enjoying some down time. On New Year's we do a rotating dinner. Drinks and hors d'oeuvres at one house, soup/salad at another, etc. We got dessert this year so now i have to find something creative for that. hmmmm. This is tough because I can't and hate to cook.

Hugs to all and have stellar day today!

hi Bella
i suggest a sylabub, takes minites, is light and FAB. Is an Elizabethan recipe and can be done in a flash.

Here is my recipe for lemon sylabub:-

To serve around 8 decent portions.....

A pint of double cream (do you call it thick cream?)
quarter pint of white wine
two tablespoons of sugar
zest and juice of 3 lemons

Slop everything into a bowl and beat until it makes peaks

taste in case needs more sugar (depends on the lemons)

spoon into nice glass dishes or wine glasses
chill
done

Sandy Navas
December 27th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I'm headed over to England to share some goodies with Ms. Daisy and family. Back sometime . . . after I get my fill. Besides, my British friends don't put ice in their drinks - because it waters the booze down.

Got to try this, sounds great. I did make a trifle for lunch when my bro and sis were here before Christmas. Everyone loved it.

oldgurl4
December 27th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Ohhh!! ~SUNSHINE~ You made it BACK! from the North Pole!...LOL

Well....maybe for a little Peak....THANX for Showing Up.

Glad to hear you are having a Normal Day for the Holidays..... LOL..LOL

Hi Everyone.... ~Feliz Post Navidad !!~

I'm Back to the Grind Too :icon_angry: %#%&)Q

:icon_shake: Gauuuudddd I wish I was Retiredddd!

Sylabub...Hummm... Never heard of it? I'll GOOGLE IT!

Ohhh ~Sandy~ You had to go there!! "Trifle" :icon_drool:One of my FAV Desserts!
Ya Knowww.....
I have that Glass Thinggy to make it :icon_confused:(that's why I got it) but never had the Nerve to make it.
Thanx for the reminder!.... I think I WILL! :icon_tup: this time ....(I Ain't getting Any Younger :icon_stunned: Ya Knowww...)

~BELLA~ Hi!.... Happy Holidays!
Have No Fear!....
Recipies are HERE!!!
http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/search.php?searchid=460557

The DUMP Cake Was Cook Proof!......
It's a recipe PERFECT for "Begginers".
Go check out my Album....Can't Fail with 4 Ingredients.
All though I wish I would had tried it with PEACHES instead for a nice warm "PEACH COBBLER". (that's my next one!)

You All have a Wonderful Day... and Be Safe.

TTLY
Our weather is sooo Humid It's Not Funny ANYMORE!!
:icon_confused: WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE SEND ME SOME SNOW!!! PLEASEEEE:icon_sniff:

toggpine
December 27th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Hi Everybody!
The chaos has settled down for a bit here. We will have one more round on New Year's day with Mom's side of the family. So I have a few days to figure out where all of the new stuff that the youngster acquired will fit in. I now have a barking remote control dog and a HotWheels garage in my living room, along with a lot of other stuff.
I need to swamp out the sewing room too. I need my cutting table back! I'll squeeze that in around the laundry and the vacuuming.....

You all have a great day!
Cathy

ginampls
December 27th, 2011, 07:53 PM
i worked today. beenup since 5am DD got a board game of monopoly jr. she and i will play after supper...i have day off tomorrow. so i will try to stay up a bit later tonight in hopes of sleeping in.....

Divine Daisy
December 27th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I'm headed over to England to share some goodies with Ms. Daisy and family. Back sometime . . . after I get my fill. Besides, my British friends don't put ice in their drinks - because it waters the booze down.

Got to try this, sounds great. I did make a trifle for lunch when my bro and sis were here before Christmas. Everyone loved it.

Put the booze in the fridge...........nooo ice to water down the........er..............goodness

ChristineB
December 27th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I'm back to the office for a few days until the weekend and another crowd of people invade my house. I had 9 people here yesterday for our family Christmas day/dinner. This weekend, my sister and her family- husband, 3 teenage daughters and 1large dog. They come from Ottawa (about 6 hours from here) and they will stay until Wednesday next week. Then I can rest!

toggpine
December 27th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Ms. Daisy my husband keeps his booze in the freezer. I'm not telling where I keep my stash, but I do have a bottle of rootbeer shnapps I'll gladly share. I know it makes a heck of a rootbeer shake. Somebody said I should try mixing it with the whipped cream vodka. I am pretty sure that would strip the paint right off of any surface.
It sounds like Christine might need an adult beverage after all of that company!
I didn't do much today but do farm chores and get the laundry done, and I am wiped out!
Good night to you all!
Cathy

Lisaau
December 28th, 2011, 10:13 AM
G'day All its christmas /summer holidays for aussies most are on holidays for at least 4 wks ........some 6 wks ..........school kids have 6wks off ...its going tobe 36 degrees celsius on new years day and also the 2nd of january which I think is around 100 degrees farenheit.finally some decent hot weather ...summer has taken its time to make it's presence felt its about time the 1st mth of summer is nearly over.....