PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday hellos

Monique
December 6th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Good morning friends. I had another productive day yesterday but let me say this - A 2 hour pattern does not just take 2 hours, it takes many hours.

My friend Lynda stopped in and gave me the coolest pin cushion. It has little pockets around the sides and they were filled with sewing items. Very cool. I will take a picture later. Then another friend stopped in last night with sewing related stuff she no longer wanted, threads, elastic and the like.

Tonight we have our Lionette Christmas supper meeting and gift exchange. My secret sister is going to receive the Little Dresses quilt I made some time ago. She has been eyeing this for a long time. It won at the fair, so she will get the ribbon to go with it. Tomorrow night is Lionette Christmas Cheer dinner. We put this on for the lonely seniors in our community. We expect to serve about 120 people or so. I need to make jellied salads tomorrow for this.

So today I hope to spend more time in the workshop.

Have a great day everyone.

sew-what2015
December 6th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Good Morning Monique.
It is cold here this morn and the northerly wind is breezy.
I am hoping to finish my Drunkard's Path blocks today. I still need more blocks but have to wait for payday to buy fabric.
I need to get the Christmas decorations down from on high but DH is unable to do that this year.
I have to wait for son to visit on weekend although I am tempted to try getting them myself.
We need some groceries but there is enough food in the house to keep 2 people from starving so groceries will also wait until payday.
I will make a banana loaf for our teatime and then head to the sewing area.

Bubby
December 6th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Morning Everyone..

I've been up since 3:30 working in the sewing room on cards and packages. I just settled in with a cup of tea and a piece of pumpkin pie I baked yesterday. It's raining this morning but it's not freezing. Tomorrow is when we get a blast of real winter. I have errands to run today so that's a good thing.

Monique, how generous of you to gift your winning quilt. Make sure you take a picture of the quilt and the ribbon before you give them.

I know we are all in full swing right now. This is such a busy time of year. Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Lyndaj
December 6th, 2016, 10:16 AM
It's a bright sunny day here and there is still some snow on the ground.

Well, I finished the tardis quilt top that is a Christmas present. Hoping to sandwich and long arm it this week so it will be off of my list. I started cutting a new coat for my dog Java and then realized that I don't have the double fold bias tape for it. I honestly don't want to make 1/2" bias tape myself, but I can't seem to find the stuff in our local sewing store. Hope I don't have to order online.

Today I will start and hopefully finish some of the small Christmas items I am making (small bags and pj bottoms).

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

peggiep
December 6th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Morning everyone!
Yesterday was a very busy one. We had the Project Manager from the contracting company come out to inspect what was involved in our kitchen renovation that will start right after Christmas and won't be complete until the middle of March....I hope I survive all the de/construction! Seven weeks without a kitchen just might do me in. After he left, I decided it was time to start baking so I made lemon cookies (really easy and really good), 7-layer squares, holiday bark and butter tarts. When I finished that and cleaned up the kitchen, I went to the studio to make a few Christmas gifts, but I was so tired, I was afraid to cut the fabric. So I took the dog for a walk in the snow and fell flat on my back in the middle of the driveway,with a very loud bang! I didn't break anything, but boy am I sore this morning! Hopefully bowling will work out the kinks, but before I get there, I have to cut that fabric out for a Christmas present. Have a wonderful day, enjoy the preparations for Christmas. Hugs and prayers for all in need.

Cathy F
December 6th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Morning all,
Sunny day here with mild temps for this time of year. Supposed to turn colder at the end of the week so I'll enjoy this while we have it.
Was in the sewing room yesterday trying to finish up the 30 mug rugs I had to do for the favors at our Pilot Club holiday dinner. Just have to topstitch them now and it's a completed job! I have one gift to finish for my sister and assemble it, and I was so thrilled I got the three Christmas quilts done that I forgot all about making the labels for them, ugggh! But I'm not stressing this year playing beat the clock for Christmas so I'm pretty happy.
Wishing everyone a good day!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 6th, 2016, 01:27 PM
It's a bright sunny day here and there is still some snow on the ground.

Well, I finished the tardis quilt top that is a Christmas present. Hoping to sandwich and long arm it this week so it will be off of my list. I started cutting a new coat for my dog Java and then realized that I don't have the double fold bias tape for it. I honestly don't want to make 1/2" bias tape myself, but I can't seem to find the stuff in our local sewing store. Hope I don't have to order online.

Today I will start and hopefully finish some of the small Christmas items I am making (small bags and pj bottoms).

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

I love this! What a great gift!

toggpine
December 6th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Monique, I can sympathize with the 2 hour pattern woes! Maybe after the 40th one, or if someone else cuts it out while I sew, I could get the project done in 2 hours!
I've had a slight modification to the day's events. I had planned on the day to sew. I now have Em's IEP meeting for the rest of her school year this afternoon. Ugh. Tomorrow is the PTA meeting. Thursday is Hands On Art and Literacy Night. Friday might be free, but Hubby usually has a short work day on Friday. The weekends are filling up too. Somehow I forget how much stuff we pack into December.
The coffee cup is empty, so I should load the wood stove and get on with the errands. Maybe I can squeeze in some time at the sewing machine, maybe....

JCY
December 6th, 2016, 08:06 PM
Can't say Good Morning, since it's already late afternoon. But I did quickly ck. the Forum when I first got up. Had to ck. that DD, ya know. Bubby beat me up. I'm always up at 5:00, but certainly not in my sewing room at that time of day.

Today I made a start on my annual Christmas letter. I hope to get it in the mail yet this week. We had a lot going on in our family this year -- new jobs, a wedding, a death, a new GGS, etc. DS #1 & his family went to Holland for his wife's parents' 50th wedding anniversary.

I'm wanting to try out my new rulers. I got 2 Handi-Quilter straight rulers from Amazon, and 2 curved rulers from Amy Johnson. I have a sandwich all ready to use for some practice. This a.m. I finished up a Christmas table runner for my coffee table. Our small tree will sit on that table.

It's supposed to start snowing any time -- maybe 1-3" by tomorrow. And bitter cold, predicted to be down to 0. Not looking forward to that! I have to go out in the cold in the a.m.; it's our weekly Bible Study Fellowship day, which doesn't not get canceled unless the local school district closes. Gals who live up in the mts. probably won't make the drive down. They'll be getting more snow up there.

Well, I'm off to try out those rulers. Stay warm, everyone!