PDA

View Full Version : Oh Christmas Tree... Oh Christmas Tree!!

kensington
December 1st, 2016, 05:01 AM
Hello there! Merry Christmas Tree to you! LOL. Starting this thread for pictures of Trees! This is my Big Family Tree in the living room. It's a real tree, 9 ft tall, 5 ft wide. It's the last tree we put up. This means all the house is decorated, the garlands are all hung, wreaths are up and shining... trees all over the house... and Finally this one is done. Now, on to shopping and wrapping! Please post a picture of your tree too when you are done! :icon_tup:

Ginny B
December 1st, 2016, 09:07 AM
Beautiful! I haven't even really started our decorating yet. Just got some lights up in the kitchen window and Mr. and Mrs. Claus are out on the front porch.

Bubby
December 1st, 2016, 09:20 AM
That's a magnificent tree, Gloria!! You always do such a wonderful job with your holiday decorating.

Here's our living room tree. It's a slim-line and all of the white ornaments (snowflakes, angels and ballerinas) were made on my embroidery machine the past 2-3 years. I start making ornament in the Summer every year.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

137547 137548

Carlie Wolf
December 1st, 2016, 12:30 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I do believe I needed this this year. Just found out the source I've used for Christmas tree will not be selling them this year. Terrible terrible bummer. They had beautiful tree, so full and all sizes were $20. I'd buy a tall one and they would cut the bottom 1/3 off for me and deliver it and bring it into the house. I then used the bottom third to make wreaths for my doors. I could do a very large one (about 36") and two medium ones (24")......all for $20. Last year I bought another very large frame so I could do one this year for a neighbor who just loved mine. Now, alas, all is for naught. I'm depressed and feel something stole my Christmas. I just can't justify the $50 or so that the other places are selling large trees for around here.:icon_sniff:

EnumclawGramma
December 1st, 2016, 01:35 PM
Barb! I love your tree! It looks like a pic in a magazine! Beeuuutiful!!!

Hulamoon
December 1st, 2016, 04:59 PM
Very pretty Gloria!

Barb that is just stunning!! I lent my machine to my dd to make snowflakes for gifts this year and she hasn't done one yet. If I may I'm going to send her your picture to get inspired.

Iris Girl
December 1st, 2016, 05:17 PM
That's a magnificent tree, Gloria!! You always do such a wonderful job with your holiday decorating.

Here's our living room tree. It's a slim-line and all of the white ornaments (snowflakes, angels and ballerinas) were made on my embroidery machine the past 2-3 years. I start making ornament in the Summer every year.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

137547 137548

This tree is stunning! Gorgeous work Barb!

Cathy F
December 1st, 2016, 06:59 PM
Gloria and Barb, your trees are gorgeous! Here's a peek at mine large one is in the living room and small er one is in the sunroom. Can't wait to see more tree pics posted I love Christmas!

Juliet Taylor
December 1st, 2016, 07:03 PM
We put us up on Tuesday night but since I have not a pic yet to prove it guess what I need is good natural lighting to show you mine :D

Ladies I LOVE your Christmas trees so much :)

Bubby
December 1st, 2016, 08:00 PM
Gloria and Barb, your trees are gorgeous! Here's a peek at mine large one is in the living room and small er one is in the sunroom. Can't wait to see more tree pics posted I love Christmas!

Cathy, Your trees are absolutely fantastic!!!!

cv quilter
December 1st, 2016, 08:40 PM
137573H137573 Barb, AWESOME tree. Love those angels. I have a small one on my tree that I made last year. Can't wait to see other trees posted. Love this time of year! Happy Holidays, everyone.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
December 1st, 2016, 10:22 PM
I love all their trees and those Bubby ornament are beautiful, in my country we adorn the house on December 8, because our Christmas ends on January 6 with the feast of the Three Wise Men so I can not put a photo of my tree and my Belen, when I have it I will teach, in the meanwhile I will see your precious trees

KarenC
December 1st, 2016, 11:20 PM
All beautiful trees and I like the white ornaments. No tree for me this year. Not enough room, added to with the packing to move, and I will actually be traveling to DS's for Christmas. Maybe I'll pull out a few decorations this weekend, but not much. And of course I'll enjoy all of the trees here. Thanks

Cathy F
December 2nd, 2016, 09:24 AM
137573H137573 Barb, AWESOME tree. Love those angels. I have a small one on my tree that I made last year. Can't wait to see other trees posted. Love this time of year! Happy Holidays, everyone.

Your tree us very pretty and I love your tree skirt!

asta
December 2nd, 2016, 11:11 AM
I love seeing all your trees, gets me in the holiday mood. Our tree traditionally gets decorated on our anniversary (Dec. 17) a wonderful tradition and our grown kids try to make it home for this but sometimes wish we had it up earlier.

Bubby
December 2nd, 2016, 06:02 PM

Your tree is beautiful, Sharon! I love the skirt.

Claire Hallman
December 2nd, 2016, 06:24 PM
Here is ours for 2016137605

Well drat, it is not actually laying down, I have no idea how to rotate it.:icon_neutral:

seaturtle
December 2nd, 2016, 07:02 PM
Here it is, Claire

Juliebelle
December 2nd, 2016, 07:07 PM
Here is a pic of ours I really pared down this year since my husband had heart surgery in October and is still recouping. Usually I have 3 trees since I have been collecting santa ornatments for 40 years. Love the pics of everyone's tree. I love Christmas.

kensington
December 3rd, 2016, 03:59 AM

Happy Holidays Everyone!

137547 137548

That is amazing!

cashs_mom
December 10th, 2016, 08:38 PM
Here are my trees. My little car tree. My husband and I are car enthusiasts so I got this tree to use for car ornaments. It was our only tree the year Scooter was a pup. I figured as wild as he was he'd knock over any other tree so I put this one on top of the collectors table in the living room. lol

And the full size tree

MayinJerset
December 10th, 2016, 09:32 PM
Great trees. love the car one

kensington
December 11th, 2016, 04:05 AM
Here are my trees. My little car tree. My husband and I are car enthusiasts so I got this tree to use for car ornaments. It was our only tree the year Scooter was a pup. I figured as wild as he was he'd knock over any other tree so I put this one on top of the collectors table in the living room. lol

And the full size tree

I recognize the Hallmark Classic Cars series. We have it too! Hallmark famiky here. Those a pretty much all Hallmark ornaments on the tree I posted.

jjkaiser
December 11th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Love all these trees. We got a little one this year. It looks a little sad right now standing naked in the window. Waiting for our 5 yo GD to come over this week she helps put the ornaments on every year. Who made the Christmas tree skirt with the flying geese around the edges? That is really cool. Where did you find that pattern?

Bubby!!!!! Holy cow I did not realize you MADE all of those gorgeous white ornaments on your embroidery machine, I did not even know a person could do that. I thought they were purchased doily snowflakes and then embellished by you with crystals and glitter. Now I will treasure the one you sent me even more. Oh my gosh I can't even imagine all the work that went into that. And I hope you aren't offended I thought this was store bought but I really didn't know you could make these. They are so beautiful and thanks again!! (And I do not know where you found the time)

Granny Judy
December 14th, 2016, 04:42 PM
better late than Never... this years tree:

WendyI
December 14th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Everyone's trees are beautiful! But so many of you have two trees!! That's crazy! I barely have room for the one I have!

My son (14) and his best friend (15) decorated my tree this year and it's ....well just sad. LOL! So no pics this year. Maybe next year!!

Monique
December 14th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Everyone's trees are beautiful! But so many of you have two trees!! That's crazy! I barely have room for the one I have!

My son (14) and his best friend (15) decorated my tree this year and it's ....well just sad. LOL! So no pics this year. Maybe next year!!

Now Wendy, it can't be that bad. Hubby did ours, first time ever in his life.

kensington
December 14th, 2016, 07:01 PM

Two trees? Haha! Oh what fun!! from where I sit, I count 15 trees up in my house so far. I Have three more... not sure if I will get them up or not this year. We are done shopping, everything is wrapped, or shipped. Christmas cards went out... All I have to do is shop for two dinners and a brunch(hubs has to pick up the gifts for our neighbors)... I just love getting done early, and staying in all through Christmas and enjoying my house... Today.. I am getting a fire in the fire place too... Burrrrrr! it's cold in Missouri!

kensington
December 14th, 2016, 07:06 PM
better late than Never... this years tree:

I enjoy your "Nature" tree. Made me smile. At the Ladies ornament swap at Church we have one lady who always picks or tries to get the "Nature" ornaments. Owls, birds, wood ornaments. She loves them. I picked some with her in mind this year... Wooden, glitter snowflakes... She got them... and someone stole them. Ooops!

asta
December 14th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Well, we finally got our tree IN the house, DH put the lights on....I will be re-doing this tomorrow when he goes to work, he has 2/3 of the lights on the bottom 1/3 of the tree with the other 1/3 of lights unevenly distributed over the remaining 2/3 of the tree
. :icon_beuj:
MEN!!!!

LoveMyMachines
December 14th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Lovely trees. I like how everyone collects, makes, and has traditions. Then, when we sometimes can't do it, we find something new!
I broke my ankle right before Thanksgiving this year, but my children hung onto the tradition of putting it up the day after Thanksgiving. They had dad help them haul everything out and hung all of the ornaments themselves. I love how as they get older, the ornaments start creeping higher on the tree! (We are still a little bare at the top...) But, my DD will be 11 tomorrow. It won't be long until they are all the way to the top!

Here it is this year!

Nidan_07
December 16th, 2016, 07:13 AM
I hope this works...
Here is our family Christmas Tree. We are in need of a new angel or star, but I want to find just the right one.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
December 16th, 2016, 09:36 AM
In my country do not decorate the house on the outside but if we put a Belen with the Portal, the castle of Herod and people and animals we also put the tree although as we celebrate the Magi who bring the gifts on January 6, under the tree no there are gifts, but if we put it, here is the mine and Belen138067138068138069

Bneighbor
December 19th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Not sure if I am even going to bother putting up a tree. Just not in the mood to drag the stuff out of the attic, dress the tree, then take it down and drag it back into the attic.
Last year I put it up 2days before Christmas and took it down 2 days after. A friend stopped by and just had a fit because my tree was down and said it must stay up until mid January. I told her I could not stand it to start with so if she wanted to put it up and take it down, she was welcome....at her house, not mine. She called me last week and wanted me to send her a picture of my tree....what tree I asked. She said she would be over to help me put it up....I declined. She also asked if I lost her address since she did not get my Christmas card yet. Do you mean I have to send cards, too?
I have zero Christmas spirit.

auntiemern
December 19th, 2016, 07:59 PM
Still waiting for DH to put the topper on.

pcbatiks
December 20th, 2016, 12:46 AM
Here's a couple of pictures of our tree. I was trying to get a picture of our dog in front of the tree but every time I get the camera she comes to me. The night I took this picture she was chasing her toy so I thought she would jump on her bed with her toy & I could get a picture. Well she jumped on her bed but she faced away from me! I think she was just messing with me. :)

Merry Christmas! Enjoying all the pretty tree pictures.

138150 138151

Cathy F
December 20th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Here's a couple of pictures of our tree. I was trying to get a picture of our dog in front of the tree but every time I get the camera she comes to me. The night I took this picture she was chasing her toy so I thought she would jump on her bed with her toy & I could get a picture. Well she jumped on her bed but she faced away from me! I think she was just messing with me. :)

138150 138151

She looks like she's enjoying your beautiful tree!

kensington
December 21st, 2016, 04:20 AM
Still waiting for DH to put the topper on.

Woot! I see the ornament I sent on the front!... BUT... I LOVE that almost all of your ornaments are hand made, What a truly special tree! Merry Christmas Marilyn!

kensington
December 21st, 2016, 04:23 AM

Very nice! Thanks for posting!

kensington
December 21st, 2016, 04:24 AM
Not sure if I am even going to bother putting up a tree. Just not in the mood to drag the stuff out of the attic, dress the tree, then take it down and drag it back into the attic.
Last year I put it up 2days before Christmas and took it down 2 days after. A friend stopped by and just had a fit because my tree was down and said it must stay up until mid January. I told her I could not stand it to start with so if she wanted to put it up and take it down, she was welcome....at her house, not mine. She called me last week and wanted me to send her a picture of my tree....what tree I asked. She said she would be over to help me put it up....I declined. She also asked if I lost her address since she did not get my Christmas card yet. Do you mean I have to send cards, too?
I have zero Christmas spirit.

Whoa... BA- HUMBUG!! LOL:icon_stunned:

dwil23
December 21st, 2016, 08:06 AM
Enjoying reading an looking at everyone's pictures! I LOVE Christmas trees. I am an ornament collector, for sure. I have six trees up in my house this year. I have the large living room tree, and five themed trees. One is Snoopy, a "Sweet Treats", Woodland, Snow/Snowman and 101 Dalmatians. 20 years ago this Christmas, 1996, we had just lost my Mom. I was pregnant with my youngest son and 4 yr old DD was obsessed with 101 Dalmatians. We ate so many happy meals they were coming out of our ears trying to collect those cute little toy/ornaments for her. It was a wonderful diversion from the sadness of facing Christmas without Mom. I decided to decorate a tree with just the Dalmatians. I used red and white lights, and made a rag garland of red bandana and dalmatian print and used the print as a band on a store bought Santa hat that became the tree topper.

My collection has outgrown my space. I now have all my traditional ornaments divided as "odd" or "even" - based on the year they were added to the collection, if known, and take turns displaying them every other year. Most of my ornaments hold a special memory for me and I love looking at them and sitting in the dark with nothing but the trees lit.

Lyndaj
December 21st, 2016, 09:39 AM
Decided to post mine, both of them. I am an overgrown 54 year old and my tree is definitely eclectic, weird and different. I wouldn't have it any other way. I have been collecting Hallmark ornaments since 1980. My mini tree was made by DH to hold my mini ornaments.

Why do my pictures always end up sideways????

peggiep
December 21st, 2016, 10:00 AM

Everyone's tree looks lovely. This is a close up of my Beaded Ball tree. They are my "sitting on the porch" project every summer. I usually make at least 4 every year when it is too nice to stay in the house and sew!

EnumclawGramma
December 21st, 2016, 02:03 PM
So I finally got my tree up last night, with the help of my DGD. After being down in the dumps pretty much the last two years I got more into it this year. And had a little help, as you can see....

auntiemern
December 21st, 2016, 03:37 PM
Woot! I see the ornament I sent on the front!... BUT... I LOVE that almost all of your ornaments are hand made, What a truly special tree! Merry Christmas Marilyn!
Thank you so much Gloria. Merry Christmas to you, Martin, and the family.

kensington
December 22nd, 2016, 02:32 AM
Enjoying reading an looking at everyone's pictures! I LOVE Christmas trees. I am an ornament collector, for sure. I have six trees up in my house this year. I have the large living room tree, and five themed trees. One is Snoopy, a "Sweet Treats", Woodland, Snow/Snowman and 101 Dalmatians. 20 years ago this Christmas, 1996, we had just lost my Mom. I was pregnant with my youngest son and 4 yr old DD was obsessed with 101 Dalmatians. We ate so many happy meals they were coming out of our ears trying to collect those cute little toy/ornaments for her. It was a wonderful diversion from the sadness of facing Christmas without Mom. I decided to decorate a tree with just the Dalmatians. I used red and white lights, and made a rag garland of red bandana and dalmatian print and used the print as a band on a store bought Santa hat that became the tree topper.

My collection has outgrown my space. I now have all my traditional ornaments divided as "odd" or "even" - based on the year they were added to the collection, if known, and take turns displaying them every other year. Most of my ornaments hold a special memory for me and I love looking at them and sitting in the dark with nothing but the trees lit.

Ahhh yes... we could be neighbors! I have a Santa Tree, and a Family Tree that is covered with frames and pictures of our families from great grand parents to our grand kids. I have a Silver Tinsel tree from the sixties, with glass balls. I have a Feather tree with all Glass ornaments on it. I have a feather tree in Red/Silver with Candy cane ornaments. I have a kitchen tree and a garland with all cooking ornaments on them. One son took the Football tree, and the other took the Marvel Comic Character tree. The tree in my bedroom is all Gold and Red balls. And the Big real tree in the living room is about 500 hundred Hallmark ornaments. (and so are the Football, the Marvel, the Santa trees all Hallmark) I didn't get out my Snow man village this year. Is also Hallmark ornaments. I think I will make it into a Tree next year for my guest room. I'm always thinking on to the next thing... KWIM? :icon_whistle: :icon_giggle: