PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday again

Monique
November 30th, 2016, 09:21 AM
My my the time is flying these days. I didn't do much in the way of sewing yesterday. I took Doug shopping and bought a few Christmas gifts for Maizyn as well as some food. Les made room in the living room for the tree and got it put up. Now I have to go digging for the decorations. My thinking was I wasn't going to put up a tree seeing as no one was going to be here but we are. I am just not doing to decorate too much.

I was supposed to take Doug today to get his mail but he just called and cancelled. Good for me. Tomorrow I have a CT scan for my pain in the *ss (my sciatica). Doctor just wants to make sure that is all it is. So today just might be a another sew day after all.

Have a great day friends and enjoy this day to the fullest.

MayinJerset
November 30th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Talk about time flying by Monique, DS#1 turns 61 tomorrow! How did we all get so old?

Have to go out shopping this afternoon as our washing machine conked out yesterday, won't spin so we had to bail it out. Purchasing a new machine is going to be a challenge as there have been huge changes in washing machine since we bought it about 16 years ago. Anyone have suggestions?.

Iris Girl
November 30th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Morning all. Time is flying buy for sure. I finished the cat quilt yesterday binding and all. It needs a wash but its raining again. Pictures after I can get it washed and dried. I have an NCW cut and ready to sew for a co worker, a new purse for me ready to sew. New pattern Annette by Swoon. and another project ready to sew for a friend.
Thanks to those that helped me find a label maker. I found Ikaprint from Preeti's blog and a couple others suggested it also. Have an order in and am waiting the finalization for printing.
May wish you success in your hunt for a washer.
Monique no tree for us this year as the kittys are very rambunctious having just turned 1.
Italian roast going in the crock pot. New one as the old one had a crack across the bottom. I better get moving if I want to sew today.
Have a great day all and hugs!

CraftyJnet
November 30th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Good morning! May, I have a high efficiency washer (HE) that is an upright. It is huge, and seems to work well. It is a Whirlpool Cabrio and we haven't had any problems with it so far. Had it about two years.

Yesterday I used double-sided fusible foam and made a Kindle pouch for my daughter and an earbud case. It was super fun and a nice break from the norm. After seeing the earbud case, both my DH and my ex H requested one for Christmas so that's what I'll make today. Of course it has to be made of SF Giants fabric, as all three are devoted fans!

Cathy F
November 30th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Morning all, not much new here. May the only thing I would suggest is to open the top and see if you can reach to the bottom. I'm sorry I didn't do that. The larger machines have such deep tubs I can't reach some of the clothes. Good thing my husband does most of the laundry.

SuzyQue
November 30th, 2016, 12:05 PM
I believe winter has finally found us. After a long, glorious fall......there is quite the chill in the air this morning. Perhaps it will put me in the mood for a little Christmas decorating. This year I have decided to put up a box or two a day, instead of two full days of all out decorating. We shall see how much I get out in the long run. Perhaps it is time for less is more!

About a month ago, I finished a very special baby quilt for the first grandchild of a childhood friend. I had some sizeable scraps left so I played with a new pattern and made a second quilt of coordinating fabrics. It came out much smaller, but very pretty. I just found out that special child is receiving a sister in May. For once, I will be ahead of the game! Now to get the tiny scraps into a doll quilt for the first. I must say that I used every bit of that fabric!

I love my washer. It is a front loading HE by LG. I have had this one for maybe 4-5 years and no issues. It spins the fabrics so gently but completely, so they are almost dry before hitting the dryer. It uses less water and the dryer runs less, so less electricity, too. The clothes come out clean. I would hate to go back to a top loader. I know these types can be pricy, but I feel they make up for it in other savings and time, too.

MayinJerset
November 30th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Morning all, not much new here. May the only thing I would suggest is to open the top and see if you can reach to the bottom. I'm sorry I didn't do that. The larger machines have such deep tubs I can't reach some of the clothes. Good thing my husband does most of the laundry.

Good advice Cathy!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 30th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Good morning all, or rather Good afternoon! I got some sewing done for a vendor's booth my daughter is participating in. I dragged out those many DD charm packs I own, and got started on some simple charm baby quilts. Got 2-1/2 tops done. I sewed one of my rows of my D9P on upside down, and that sure throws things off! Once I un sewed, I noticed it was 11:30, so I gave up for the night. I need to get back to it, as my main vendor is itching to stock her booth. And I'd like to get rid of some of this stash without having to give it all away!

I bought front loading Kenmores in 2006 and I had to have service only once when a coin slipped down into the pump! We found quite a stash of money in this little reservoir in front of the pump! It didn't hurt anything, just made a lot of noise. With front loaders, you do need to let them dry out inside or they get icky on the rubber. My laundry room is the passage way to the garage, so my door can't be left open, hence, the rubber is icky. But it washes great and holds my quilts, so if I replace it, I'm probably going to get the same thing!

Hope you all have a good day. So sad to see the results of the fire in E. Tennessee. So sad for those folks!

peggiep
November 30th, 2016, 08:48 PM
Talk about time flying by Monique, DS#1 turns 61 tomorrow! How did we all get so old?

Have to go out shopping this afternoon as our washing machine conked out yesterday, won't spin so we had to bail it out. Purchasing a new machine is going to be a challenge as there have been huge changes in washing machine since we bought it about 16 years ago. Anyone have suggestions?.

I just had to buy a new Washer and I bought an LG Front Loader. It is so quiet, I have to be right beside it to hear it working and it spins everything really dry so there is less time required in the dryer. I just love it and it wasn't terribly expensive as many of the others I researched...good luck with your search!

K. McEuen
November 30th, 2016, 09:32 PM
I have a Kenmore that is a HE top loader, no agitator and works really well. I've had it 5 years or so now with no issues at all with it. Had to buy it on January 1st one year after my daughter killed my washer by overloading it.

jjkaiser
November 30th, 2016, 11:33 PM
I have an 8 yr old Maytag HE front loader. No problems with it but I would buy a top loader next time. Two things I don't like is you can't run back and throw something in, say you drop a sock in the upstairs hall or forget to throw in your kitchen towels. Well the front loader locks when you start it, or the water would leak out. The other thing I dislike are the cycles are so long--45 to 55 mins. My old top loader washed a load in about 35 minutes.