PDA

View Full Version : ......almost had to plan a funeral!

bubba
November 28th, 2016, 11:51 PM
For Walter!!! He was misbehaving so I thought I'd just lower his feed dogs a tad. Well, once I figured out how to do that and got him back together, serious things started happening that were not good!!! I had to operate for close to an hour before I could get him to sew again......phew!

His beautiful stitch is back as it should be, and he even got cleaned up a bit! I had to take parts off him I had never dreamt of taking off him. Luckily, I got them all back where they should be!

Kgrammiecaz
November 28th, 2016, 11:56 PM
Sounds like it was a hold your breath surgery. Good to hear it had a happy outcome.

Mimis-quilts
November 28th, 2016, 11:57 PM
Didn't have any spare parts left I hope! Glad you got him running again!

Caroline T.
November 29th, 2016, 12:11 AM
LOL I envision...Bubba do her impersonation of
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Life! Life, do you hear me?! Give my creation LIIIFEEE!

pcbatiks
November 29th, 2016, 02:37 AM
Well done, Doctor Pat!

bubba
November 29th, 2016, 02:39 AM
It really was awful! I even had to get out the instruction book, which I hate as it's written in about six languages!

I had scissors, stiletto, seam ripper, eyebrow trimmer, four screwdrivers, two flashlights, my cell phone and three tweezers! Here is a helpful hint.....if you can't clear see where you are working, turn the camera on your cellphone on and zoom in and you can see up close where you have to see!

Oh! I also had two magnifying glasses!

It was really getting serious though, because I was trying to figure out if I might be able to remove the head from the table and sneak it out of the house tomorrow while MM slept. I'm sure I'd have dropped in on my foot and ended up in a cast!

Monique
November 29th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Lucky you got it all figured out.

MayinJerset
November 29th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Phew, That was a close call! Glad that Walter survived the operation and is stitching a happy stitch. Hope he has good health insurance. Do you take Medicare?

seaturtle
November 29th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Glad you got things working again. What type of machine is Walter? You are much braver than I am.

Sandy Navas
November 29th, 2016, 10:29 AM

Did Walter go buzz if you missed a specific part?

WendyI
November 29th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Sounds like you missed your calling! Well done! Congrats Walter on avoiding death!

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
November 29th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Can I call on you when I need a doctor?

lol

EnumclawGramma
November 29th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Oy! I always worry when I have to get out the screwdriver! I know I would never attempt what you did! So glad there's a happy ending here. Ugh!

Doloris
November 29th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Sounds like you missed your calling! Well done! Congrats Walter on avoiding death!

it really was touch and go for a while. LOL

bubba
November 29th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Glad you got things working again. What type of machine is Walter? You are much braver than I am.

Walter is my industrial, a Juki DDL8700.....all mechanical. I'm thinking it may have been compacted lint that added to the problem.

Did Walter go buzz if you missed a specific part?

The only thing making noise was me!!

it really was touch and go for a while. LOL

I'm halfway surprised you didn't post my test messages!

cv quilter
November 29th, 2016, 06:22 PM
What an awesome tip about the cell phone! Clever!!! Glad that Walter has recovered.

bscuzz
November 30th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Wow . . a successful surgery! And what a great idea the cellphone zoom idea is . . must remember that. Wonderful that Walter is back to normal post surgery!!