PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday!

Monique
November 25th, 2016, 08:20 AM
AND the last Friday of November, would you believe. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

So it's Black Friday and I guess it's shopping day for many. I have received numerous emails about sales, sales, sales but I haven't really found one that hit me in the face. So I will save my money for Christmas instead. How is that for restraint? There really isn't anything I really NEED!

A friend of mine, whom I made two toddler quilts for, brought back what little fabric was left and asked if I could make a pillow to match the quilt. So that is what I did yesterday afternoon. Other than that, I really didn't do much of anything. I wanted to sandwich MIL's quilt but my floor space isn't big enough and I didn't feel like warming up the van and going to the community hall. I may do that today.

Tomorrow is our annual Friends of Ladysmith Christmas dinner here in town. You have to go early to get a good seat. Dinner is free but they have a donation jar. They also give out door prizes. There is also a new brewery opened over on the Ontario side that Les would like to go visit. They also serve meals. The reviews are great.

Les may be going up to the camp this weekend, and I really hope he does. I wouldn't mind having the weekend to myself and getting some things done.

Have a wonderful day and weekend to you all. And be safe at the malls too.

Lyndaj
November 25th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Happy gloomy November morning...a typical November morning that is.:icon_bigsmile:

Happy shopping day everyone. I just bought a couple of things on the M* site, most of which was yardage not on sale for DH's Star Wars quilt, but that's ok.

I am off to a serging class today to finally learn how to use this monstrosity of a serger I bought. Very happy about that.

We're off to visit DH's mom and sister tomorrow. Mom has cancer again and I will be bringing home her late 70's/early 80s Viking sewing machine. She has decided to start downsizing and she knows that DH and I wanted her machine. Have no idea what cams on a sewing machine do, so this will be a learning curve.

Other than that, it's back to the Christmas quilt that I'm working on. Oh yes, I need to play with my new Brother Scan N Cut when I can. Lots of fun.

Happy shopping and have a great weekend peeps.

Bubby
November 25th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Morning Everyone.....We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we got to meet most of Reggie's family. Her sisters are so much fun and every one of them have snow white hair and such young faces. The food was awesome. I think they could have fed the whole town. I was thrilled that someone brought pea salad and rhubarb cobbler.

Today is Black Friday and I will be heading to go only to the local fabric store where they have all their quilting fabric for $2.99 a yard. The sale is today and tomorrow so I may have to go both days.

Jeff is off work until Monday and we may load up the Girls and head to Arkansas to visit friends.

Wishing you all a good day and be super careful if you hit the malls. Hugs...

JCY
November 25th, 2016, 11:06 AM
A chilly morning here; only 22 deg. & heavy frost. I enjoyed the dinner & fellowship at our church yest. for potluck Thanksgiving. I think there were 90 of us! Such good food! And I didn't have to cook a thing. I took my 5 Cup Salad; it all was eaten.

Yest. eve. I had time to sew 1 "Prairie Flower" block. I'm using Eleanor Burns' "Forever Love" fabrics. The blocks are measuring 13.75". I hope to do more sewing today. I will not be fighting the crowds for any Black Friday sales. I may surf the web to look for sales. I know Christian Book Distributors has free shipping & a lot of items on sale now. I buy boxed greeting cards from them & some books. Even with the cost of tax & shipping, their beautiful cards (with scripture verses) figure out to be < 45 cents each. I haven't found such nice cards anywhere else for the price.

I definitely will be at my LQS tomorrow when it opens on Small Business Saturday!

Ginny B
November 25th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Good morning everyone. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with two of my sons here and my sis and her boyfriend. Small group but fun time. We also spoke with my other two sons .

The boys will be heading home sometime today and then the rest of the weekend will involve some decorating, lots of sewing and very little cooking��. No shopping for me. I stay away from stores this weekend. We will probably spend some time making our Christmas shopping list over the next few days.

Happy day after Thanksgiving.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
November 25th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Beautiful day here in Florida. I made the mistake of going to the Missouri Star quilt black Friday sale. I went a little bit crazy but can't wait to receive all my good finds.

Hope everyone had a great day.

toggpine
November 25th, 2016, 04:13 PM
it's killing me to not go pick up that 25 yard roll of batting at Joann's today, but I too, am showing some restraint. I did splurge a bit during the dollar sale at Connecting Threads, but it was such a great price!

I have been working on this Circle of Comfort quilt. It was driving me nuts that there were bits left over after cutting the initial circle out of the 4-patch. One of the ladies used them to make a frame of sorts. So I went a bit farther.
This is 4 charm packs of the Connecting Threads flannel with two blenders from my stash to round it out. They are less than a dollar right now! The fabric is nice and thick too, much better than the usual stuff from Joann.
Off to sew the blocks together!

Sandy Navas
November 25th, 2016, 05:29 PM
I am absolutely loving that. I'm ready to start cutting out a COC for a neighbor who is just starting chemo. Anxious to put the pedal to the metal.

toggpine
November 25th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Sandy, they were the 5" charms sewn into a four patch (9.5"). Then I cut an 8" circle and a 4" one inside of that. It kept the center of the "frame" from looking so empty on the bleached muslin.

These could become addicting....