PDA

View Full Version : It's a Thanksgiving Thursday!

Monique
November 24th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Happy Thanksgiving my friends. Enjoy your day, no matter where you are, who you are with or what you are doing. Safe travels to those travelling today.

We are getting more snow today. A couple of inches to add to what we already have. I am glad I was out yesterday. Poor Doug was in a pickle again yesterday. No hot water and no heat. Got hold of Mike (our resident repair all man) and he and Les had it all repaired by lunch time. Then I took Doug to meet with his son in the afternoon. My heart was heavy because they don't seem very close. When I had the chance I told him that Les and I check on him every day and do what we can to help him. In any case our errands were done. I also dropped off two Vintage Sewing machines to my brother's as he was interested in displaying them at his house. I only had a short visit with him.

Today I would like to do some sewing if possible. I have baked beans in the making and will have those for supper tonight.

Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving friends.

137366 Thank you for being my friend.

Ginny B
November 24th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving. So much to be thankful for again this year and this forum is on that list for sure.

Everything is set for our Thanksgiving feast. Just need to put the turkey in the oven shortly and then peel the potatoes. The boys will be in on that . I've got more than one potato peeler.😃

I'll be watching the parade while working in the kitchen too. I pray for a peaceful and safe event.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Blessings to you all and thank you for being in my life.

MayinJerset
November 24th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Wishing everyone a happy and peaceful Turkey Day.

MRoy
November 24th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Monique! It will be a quiet day here...a day to relax and remember how much we have to be thankful for. There might be a little sewing this afternoon too.

Pepsiboy
November 24th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all. We and our kids (some folks call them dogs) will be celebrating the day in quiet solitude.

Dave

KarenC
November 24th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Feeling blessed with lots to be thankful for. Today will be a quiet day, as I chose not to travel. Started organizing the sewing room yesterday, so will either give it more effort today or work on a charity quilt. First though, take advantage of the good weather and go for a walk after my coffee. Cheers everyone.

Iris Girl
November 24th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Happy Thanksgiving all! I will be stuffing the turkey soon and putting it in the oven. My 2 sons are my helpers as hubby can't be bothered. No snow today but its a chilly 35 with rain predicted for the afternoon. Been working on quilting the cat quilt and am down to 7 cat blocks left! It goes so much easier and nicer with the right foot...just because they are both clear does not mean they do the same job. LOL was using the appliques foot that was on the machine last. Also looked up some different settings for my machine by people who use it for FMQ. I think it is working wonderful now.

mischiefkat
November 24th, 2016, 11:38 AM
Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Safe traveling if you are on the roads. We will be leaving for church shortly. I will put the bird in when we get back. Just the 4 us for dinner about 4pm or so. Blessings