PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tuesday

Lyndaj
November 22nd, 2016, 09:04 AM
Thought I would start this since our usual thread starter, aka Monique, seems to be MIA this morning. Hope she is ok.

Well, winter has definitely arrived, that's for sure.

I have made a start on the first Christmas quilt and should be finished the top before the weekend.

I am thinking of purchasing a Brother Scan N Cut and am going for a demo this morning, so I'm hoping that will be exciting.

Other than that, it's same old here.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Tuesday.

Ginny B
November 22nd, 2016, 09:15 AM
Good morning Lynda. No real snow here -- just a dusting on the cars yesterday morning -- but the wind is still with us making it feel very wintry out there. I am off of work for the rest of the week. I went in yesterday to get payroll done but took today and tomorrow off to get ready for Thanksgiving. My agency is closed the day after Thanksgiving too so a nice long time off with only using two of my vacation days.

Got so much to do here at the house. I don't feel like I've gotten caught up yet with all that needs doing. So with that being said, I'd better get myself in gear this morning and get some things accomplished.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

Monique
November 22nd, 2016, 09:21 AM
I slept in, LOL!! Yes I think winter has arrived. We now have about a foot of snow. UGH!! I don't like winter anymore, with the cold and the snow. I don't think we will be getting any warm spells to melt this stuff any time soon.

Yesterday was indeed a snow/sew day although I had to rescue my friend. He called at around 11:40 am looking for Mike and for me to see if he was at the store and that it was URGENT!! I thought it was his water again so off to the store but Mike isn't there just his truck. So back home and make a note for Mike and leave it in his truck. I go over to Doug's and he doesn't answer the door. Go around the front and I hear his voice so back to the side door, he isn't coming, back to the front door and I hear him again, "Do you have a key? No I don't. I am on the floor and I have fallen down and can't get up. Hang on". So I run back to the store to get help and Mike has returned, but Mike has no key either. He gets some tools in the shed and we sort of break into his house. And there is Doug at the bottom of the stairs. He had been there since about 10:30. Wiggled his way to the phone. We get him up, he's not hurt. Guess what? I now have a key. AND I told him next time tell me he has fallen so I can get help quicker. Poor Doug, what shall we do with him?

After this episode, I head back to the sewing room and finish a table runner. Now on to the next project. I am going to make Jodi an apron. I have breast cancer fabric that I will use. I have the pieces cut out.

I was checking out the sale at Connecting Threads yesterday, some really good deals on fat quarter samples BUT do I need them. I drool, and then drool a little more and then leave the website. I may go back and drool a little more today.

So today shall be another snow/sew day.

Have a great day friends.

peggiep
November 22nd, 2016, 09:21 AM
Morning Lyndaj....thanks for picking up for Monique. Not sure what is happening there, unless she just slept in this morning. We have had about 10 inches of snow in our neck of the woods and although it is very pretty when looking from the inside out, it is not my favourite type of weather! Oh well...it's here for awhile so I had better get used to it.

Lynda, please let us all know what you think about the "Scan N Cut". It is something that I have looked at, but couldn't justify it because I have a both a Cricut and an AccuQuilt Go. I know they are all different, but similar in many respects.

Today, I am focusing on getting more things ready for the craft sale on Dec. 3. This will be my first sale in many years so I am looking forward to it. Then, it is off to bowling this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Lyndaj
November 22nd, 2016, 09:25 AM
Monique, glad to hear that you are ok. Sorry to hear about Doug though. Definitely a good thing that you have a key now.

As for the Connecting Threads sale, don't forget how awful our dollar is currently. I know it's hard to look at an amazing sale like that, but I always do the currency conversion before I put anything in my shopping cart. That usually stops me; however, I am recently guilty of an M* purchase of Star Wars fabric because you just can't buy it in Canada.

Bubby
November 22nd, 2016, 10:46 AM
Morning Everyone, It's drizzling rain and the wind is howling this morning. I lit a few candles and the house looks and smells cozy.

Yesterday the Girls were being groomed and I got a call from Auntie Claudia (groomer) that Olive was bleeding and needed to be picked up asap and taken to the vet. I did that and it turned out that she has another UTI. She is on two types of meds and she will be checked again next week. So, our little one is sick again. Please remember her in your thoughts and prayers.

We will be spending Thanksgiving with Reggie (my friend and quilter) and her big family. They are a fun loving loud bunch of characters and we should have a grand time. We love casual holidays where the friendships are as good or better than the food.
After dinner the kids play games and the oldsters goof off. Reggie's family is so large they have to rent a community room to hold them all. I will be taking 6 pies and 4 of them will be pumpkin with ricotta cheese (go Jocelyn!).

Wishing everyone near and far a great Thanksgiving. I know I'm very thankful for everyone on our forum. I have found some real sisters here. Blessings to you all.

MayinJerset
November 22nd, 2016, 12:26 PM
No snow here but it is really cold. I was shaking with the cold yesterday when we went shopping as it was 42 and windy, seems wind has stopped and that should make it feel a bit warmer.

Yesterday we received our first Christmas gift, the cutest little pre lit decorated live Christmas tree. I'll turn its lights on the day after Thanksgiving as that's when I begin thinking and planning for Christmas. First thing I plan to do is make some biscotti to send to our friend who sent us the little tree. When she first was divorced and was living alone we used to send her a little tree each year. Next items on my list are some little gifts for my 7 great nieces and nephews, ages 5 - 8, who I will see on Sunday 12/4. One year I gave them a plastic mug with a Hot chocolate pack and some Snowman Poop, mini marshmallows, inside, another year gifts were princess or super hero coloring books. Got to put my thinking cap on for this year's inexpensive gift for them. Did rush the Christmas season earlier this month by ordering some books for 3 great grandsons, wanted to take advantage of a sale for the books that incorporates their names in the story.