PDA

View Full Version : Tired Night Owl !

Judy, USMC
November 22nd, 2016, 02:29 AM
Didn't get much accomplished today. Just did a lot of sorting and grouping. Oh, and laundered some sweats that had been packed away since last winter. Really excited to hear Charyti had her baby boy!

It's going below freezing again tonight. I'm tired for some reason and really want to get into that bed. I'm going to zap my rice bag and toss it at the foot of the bed and hop in. There may be icicles on my tree limbs in the morning.

What's up in your tree?

Granny Judy
November 22nd, 2016, 02:54 AM
Getting another ufo ready to quilt... Finished my Illusion in Grey quilting today and had to stop to get Supper ready.. I was running on empty.. Forgot to feed myself til late after noon. A piece of toast just doesn't give out enough fuel to last me all day. LOL

I'm looking for some shelter as it is suppose to start raining and I hate getting my tail feathers wet. Hunting up a big empty barn....

toggpine
November 22nd, 2016, 03:11 AM
Eric tore out the ceiling in the master bathroom this morning. We have a leak around the skylight. I have been trying to get him to do something about it for three years. The water stain the size of a dinner plate and the addition of mold over the weekend finally broke through the denial.
I see very little fabric in my future, but a new roof will help keep what I have dry. Although I may have to sell the fabric stash, the goats, and possibly the child to afford it.
I am tired tonight too. I made a run to school to deliver half a turkey to one of the teachers. I bent the school secretary out of shape a bit. I suggested we organize the craft and sewing supplies. Then the items we share on occasion would be easy for both of us to find without a lot of digging about in unlabeled boxes. I think she is finally on board, once she understood I didn't want to throw stuff out. I just want to put like items from both of our supply piles in one spot.
I did get some sewing in around the laundry runs. One top is assembled and needs a back and sandwiching. I am also working on another Circle of Comfort quilt. I have an 8", 5", 3", and 2" circle template. I need a 4" one to make the design I want. Of course I do. Off to go spelunking in the kitchen for the right size cup or small bowl. Sheesh!

I hope things are well in your neck of the woods!
Hugs,Cathy

kimsophia
November 22nd, 2016, 03:30 AM
I have my Kaffe table runner blocks cut out and I only have four more blocks to sew together. I have had to trim the blocks down to 5 inches. That makes it a nice size when sewn together. I need to get some Insulbrite for it...I think I have some 50% off Jo-Ann coupons left...

I slept away the afternoon and early evening so I missed the Warriors game, but it's getting replayed at 2 so I can sit back and rest then. Back to work!

SuzyQue
November 22nd, 2016, 03:35 AM
I just finished a scrappy baby quilt top and readied the binding. Just need to quilt it. I had made a special baby quilt for a friend's grand baby and I had enough scraps to make a different one. It was challenging, but fun and very rewarding to see it work out so well. This will go on my stash for donations, probably......if someone I know doesn't want it first. Almost done trimming the last of the scraps leftover. There are not enough pieces for another top......but maybe a doll quilt? I am tired so will call it a night for now.......tomorrow is another busy day!

Andrea F
November 22nd, 2016, 04:38 AM
Morning, owls! You've all been so productive. I haven't besides sewing gnomes yesterday. I'm waiting for faux fur I ordered online for their beards.
Today is a work day but I'm tired, too. Thomas is going to Munich this afternoon from work and won't be back until Thursday evening. Pascal is going to go to Münster today to his appartment but he'll be back home on Friday because he's meeting friends in the evening here. The house will be quiet the next couple of days with just Paddy and myself...
Have a good night everyone!

Carol336
November 22nd, 2016, 05:59 AM
Hoot Hoot....eyes flew open at 3:15 and that's all she wrote for sleep this night. Hopefully I can get a nap in sometime today....tonight is our dance night and I'll be running on empty before I get one dance in if I don't get that nap!!!!

I really want to put together a tree skirt - lusting after a dresden one....but alas I have no earthly idea how to do it. I've searched and searched online for a pattern/tutorial, but they are either mucho complicated or not what I'm looking for. Jenny does one but it's round and I'd like points. I think I can figure out how to piece the top, but the back and binding have me in a quandary. But I did get all my shoe bags finished and out of the way - so I have a nice clean slate to do a little chirstmas sewing. I know I' m a little late - but for some reason i just couldn't get in the holiday sewing mood.

Kim - anxious to see a pic of your table runner.

Cathy - I really hope you're going to re-think the order of your list before you start selling off stuff - move that stash to the bottom - Just saying!!!!

Congrats Charyti - a sweet baby boy - how wonderful!!!

kimsophia
November 22nd, 2016, 06:07 AM
Well, here is the table topper. To my eye it needs one or two more columns. I put the whole table in the picture so you can see how it looks in comparison with the table. What do you think?

Carol336
November 22nd, 2016, 06:57 AM
OOOH - love that...and I agree - column or two more.

KarenC
November 22nd, 2016, 08:55 AM
I agree just a few more columns on the topper. I finished a wall hanging for a friend last night. Then started trying to organize some of my scraps/stash. What was I thinking? The plastic bins I purchased are way too tiny. Guess I need some larger containers. Need to get up and going for work today. Have a great day everyone.

BethB
November 22nd, 2016, 10:05 AM
Very busy around here this week as these are the last few days before my daughter's wedding this Saturday. Spent an hour yesterday afternoon trying unsuccessfully to send the program to her in an email. She called and in a minute or so, she had it in her email. This computer stuff often makes me feel so inept. Finished the last stuffed owl I made for the babies coming to the wedding and folded 130 wedding programs we had printed yesterday - yea, the ones I couldn't send to her email. Tonight we take all the decorations over to the venue and tomorrow afternoon I will be taking her dress, my dress and the 3 flower girl and junior bridesmaid dresses (which I made) over. Also, my son and his family from California will be coming in. Full days ahead through Sunday when everyone leaves. I will certainly need a vacation after this!!!

happygram
November 22nd, 2016, 09:43 PM
Kimsophia, your Kaffe table runner is so pretty. Do you have a pattern or are you winging it?
Happy Thanksgiving.

stationarymom
November 23rd, 2016, 02:14 AM
I know this is last nights post but ,I haven't been on lately because I had a seizure Friday when I was pouring boiling water for tea and poured it all over me and had to go to the hosp.I went to the burn center today and they did my dressings and reevaluated my burns and they said some are 2nd degree and some are third degree.Now we have to wait and see what begins to heal and what doesn't.

toggpine
November 23rd, 2016, 03:46 AM
Well that just sucks! I hope you can at least have some good drugs to control the pain while it heals.

kimsophia
November 23rd, 2016, 09:04 AM
Oh dear, Joan! I will certainly pray for your healing!

Happygram, I did follow a pattern for it off this site: http://gladcreationsquilts.blogspot.com/2014/06/scrap-crazy-6.html

It's the third photo down. Because I expanded it I had to wing it a little, but overall it is that photo. I didn't have those exact fabrics, however. I tried not to let two of the same fabrics be on blocks next to each other but I see now I did, but I'm not taking it apart. At least the same fabric is not directly touching. I had to sew a lot of 1/8th inch seams on the blocks as I didn't figure in the quarter inch seams correctly when I made my own templates. Oh well, it was free! I need to get over to Jo-Ann's for Insulbrite this morning. They open at 6 a.m. I wonder how many people will be there. At least I don't have to stand in line at the cutting table. One year I was at their black Friday and the line was to the back of the store. :D

happygram
November 27th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Thank you for the information. I have those templates and never would have thought to use them like that. And I have scraps, too!

Joan, I hope you heal quickly and completely.

jjkaiser
November 27th, 2016, 11:02 PM
I love that trapezoid one at the bottom. (Sigh). I don't dare go to CG website to see how much those templates are! Being a whole set they are probably pricey.

And Joan what a horrible freak accident! I feel so bad for you and I know those burns must hurt like hell!

kimsophia
November 28th, 2016, 12:10 AM
I love that trapezoid one at the bottom. (Sigh). I don't dare go to CG website to see how much those templates are! Being a whole set they are probably pricey.

Well, I just made some myself with a piece of mylar I got from Jo-Ann's before and just had laying around. The pattern's just a square divided into four pieces. The one big cut is diagonal and about an inch from each side. Another cut makes an equilateral triangle. I screwed up in that I made my template six inches around the edges. That left no room for seam allowances so I had to square my sewn blocks to be 5 inches. If you want a six inch block you need to start bigger. You could try freezer paper if you don't have mylar around and just make one block as a test case with scrap fabric. :)