PDA

View Full Version : Right Under My Nose!

Sharyn J
November 20th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Why is it that I misplace items and eventually find them, right under my nose, in clear sight? I sent a prayer to St. Anthony to help me find my new needles that I desperately needed to continue with my project. No luck.....maybe he was tired of hearing from me. He made me wait and send another request.

Low and behold, this morning I found my little package of needles was right on the table, just where I left them but the pack was upside down so it looked like a scrap of fabric! I am Blessed or St. Anthony has a sense of humor!:D

Cathy F
November 20th, 2016, 03:17 PM
I know that feeling. It usually is right under my nose but lately my cutting table as been so cluttered I can't see them. This time of year my sewing room looks distastouris after the holiday it will get a good cleaning so when it's under my nose I'll see it!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 20th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Happens to me all the time! Can't tell you how many lost things I found right under my nose!

SallyO'Sews
November 20th, 2016, 07:01 PM
I guess my nose is larger than I thought... I sure find a ton of missing stuff under it! :lol:

Vonnie
November 20th, 2016, 08:28 PM
I always find it after buying a replacement!

Amarillo19
November 21st, 2016, 07:09 PM
I always ask St. Anthony to help me find stuff.

GuitarGramma
November 21st, 2016, 07:59 PM
I once got a miracle from St. Anthony. At a scrapbook party, I let a toddler play with my car keys. The toddler and his mom went home and about two hours later, I was ready to leave. Of course, I couldn't find my car keys.

The hostess and I spent an hour looking for my missing keys. Finally, I prayed to St. Anthony to find them. Eventually I did but it was in a spot that I'd already looked AND was impossible for the toddler to have put them: in a big box, inside a magazine holder, UNDER a tightly packed set of magazines. The toddler wasn't even tall enough to reach over the side of the box!

To this day, I believe that the toddler took the keys home and St. Anthony brought them back.

Caroline T.
November 21st, 2016, 09:26 PM
Speaking of miracle finds, I came home from work one day, and as was usual for me, set my purse on the breakfast counter next to the kitchen door, I also removed my wedding & anniversary rings and set them next to my purse as well. The next morning on my way out the door to go to work, I picked up my purse & anniversary ring, but couldn't find my wedding ring. Now mind you this counter tends to be a come-in-the-door-drop-it-here-catch-all, so I wasn't overly concerned, but was in a hurry so figured I'd find it when I got home. But even though I cleaned every bit of accumulation off that counter - my wedding ring wasn't there.

Figured maybe the cat batted it off & played hockey with it, so swept the entire kitchen, dining room, living room (even under all the furniture), but still no ring. Now there is a small gap under that counter I mentioned, so I figured that until I remodeled the kitchen I was never going to retrieve my ring, as that's the last place possible that it could have gone.

Fast forward a year later, I'm outside weeding the flower bed that runs from the front of the house to the kitchen door. I've got less than two feet left to weed, and I'm flinging those weeds over my shoulder when I notice out of the corner of my eye, something shiny sail thru the air. I turn and pick up that clump of weeds, and can't believe what I'm seeing...woven into the roots of that clump of weeds is my wedding ring.

I always take my rings off as soon as I get home, I don't wear them while I cook, clean, sleep, or bathe and I never wear my rings while gardening. How it got outside into the flower bed, I'll never know.

jjkaiser
November 22nd, 2016, 01:02 AM
You take your rings off when you go to bed??? I would be frantic losing my rings for a whole year. I can't believe where you found them. That is crazy. I confess I know nothing about the mysterious St. Anthony.

kimsophia
November 22nd, 2016, 06:15 AM
You take your rings off when you go to bed??? I would be frantic losing my rings for a whole year. I can't believe where you found them. That is crazy. I confess I know nothing about the mysterious St. Anthony.

I'm not Catholic but I learned about him from a Catholic prayer buddy. Here's a site about him: http://saintanthonylostandfound.blogspot.com/2013/07/how-to-find-something-by-praying-to-st.html

I couldn't remember the prayer right and prayed "Tony Tony look around, something's lost and can't be found!" but she assured me St. Anthony would hear that version too :)

Caroline T.
November 22nd, 2016, 10:34 AM

I basically take them off as soon as I get home from work, and don't put them back on until I'm ready to leave the next morning. I've always been worried about losing them in the meat loaf, or down the drain when washing dishes. so off they come.