PDA

View Full Version : WOW Thursday already?

Monique
November 17th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Good morning. Holy moly guacamole, where is the time going? Sheesh!!

Well my intentions were good yesterday. I want to make placemats for my sister-in-law, so I spent the better part of the morning looking at patterns. What did I decide? Two fabrics to make them reversible, easy and simple, after all that thought and searching.

We also had our flu shots in the afternoon given to us by our family doctor. We were early, in and out in 5 minutes and didn't have to wait afterwards. Today I see him again about my sore hip and then I am helping at the big Church dinner tonight. Another busy day today. What else is new!!

Made an appointment for a hair cut next week, but currently that is all I have scheduled. That could change in the blink of an eye. I just need to barricade myself in my sewing room for a while.

Have a great day friends. It is going to be another beautiful day here.

MayinJerset
November 17th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Holy Moly it is Thursday! This time of the year the days seem to go by so quickly for me mainly because Christmas may soon be here and I haven't done anything to prepare for it. Feeling energetic this morning so maybe I'll get some fabrics pulled and begin some quilty gifts.

Looks like we'll be enjoying another beautiful Fall day here also. A light jacket is comfortable for outdoors, leaves are falling but not so much to make a mess and the potted plants on the deck are still blooming as we haven't had a frost yet.

JCY
November 17th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Good Morning ~ The cold weather has moved in. After an unusually warm fall, today it's cloudy & 40 deg. We're expecting rain or a rain/snow mix this afternoon into tomorrow. Maybe 1-2" on the grassy areas. Yest. was a record high of 84 deg.! We really need some moisture.

Yesterday at my LQS, I found a few more $1.00 FQs in the "orphan corner" as well as some yardage @ 50% off. I took in my Viking Opal 670 for the yearly cleaning & check-up. It's supposed to be ready today. I will have my Tiara II longarm cleaned/serviced after the Thanksgiving holiday & Small Business Sat. I'm still playing around with the tension attempting to get my stitches so they look satisfactory to me. While I was at the store, I tried out a ruler with their floor model Tiara III. I'm interested in trying some ruler work. I browsed briefly on line; those babies are not cheap! I don't make quilts for show or competition, so I really don't want to do a lot of time-consuming detailed work, but it would be nice to sew a straight line or make some evenly spaced curves without doing a lot of marking.

Well, time for my breakfast. I have a 10:00 dental appt. to finally get that tooth which has the crown, on which I had the root canal, filled.

grandma nurse
November 17th, 2016, 02:11 PM
It has been way to hot here in south west Kansas. Yesterday we got up to 90 degrees. We live in the Sandhills along the Arkansas River and it is so dry that dust just drifts as cars go by. I'm working on a BOM quilt with metallic fabric called Peaceful Begins. It has a variety of technics in it. Paper piecing, regular piecing and appliqué. Right now I'm working on an appliqué train. I have all the pieces in place and need to stitch down the edges. I use the blanket stitch for much of the stitching but quite a bit of this will require satin stitching,which isn't my favorite. It is to be a bit cooler today but what we need the most of is moisture, which isn't in our forecast.