PDA

View Full Version : Bidding Night Owl

kimsophia
November 17th, 2016, 03:45 AM
Hoot hoot! I'm bidding on lace trim in the middle of the night on eBay. Crazy. It will take a month or two to get here from China, but it is dirt cheap...from thirty to seventy three cents! I'm stockpiling it for my future crazy quilt. I hardly need that, but it's cheaper than fabric ;)

I did very little stitching today but I did get my milkweed seed pulled from the pods and put in containers. What a job. The fluff even stuck to my cat's chin!

How's everybody doing tonight? :icon_wave:

toggpine
November 17th, 2016, 04:24 AM
I got most of my chore list done today. I baked all of Sister's gingerbread for her birthday. (Cleaned the kitchen while I was at it.) I did not get her car garbage bin made, but Christmas is coming.
I also halved the two fresh turkeys for customer orders this afternoon. That was a chore. No fun splitting the breastbones on those birds, but they look really nice. I look forward to being able to roast one of them for ourselves soon.

I'm not staying up too much later, as I'll need my sleep so I can be up and fresh as a daisy to meet some of the local gals who hang out here on the forum. The quilting expo starts tomorrow in Puyallup, and I haven't been to this one before.

Good luck on your lace bid Kim!
I hope all is well in Night Owl land! Hugs, C

Judy, USMC
November 17th, 2016, 06:04 AM
Hoot! Lace trim for a quilt - that sounds great - hope it gets here sooner than later. An expo and forum gathering sounds like an excellent way to spend the day.

Speaking of EBay - I was able to get a set of the long Tulip Sashiko needles for $8.75 and free shipping. Went overboard on the charm packs - but most will be used for charity quilts so that was a deal I couldn't pass up.

Went to the dermatologist today and she gave me some meds for a virus that has caused about a nickel sized rash. The pill prescription made me sleepy after I took the first dose this afternoon and I got a good nap in earlier but it's time for another dose ... so I'll take them and then off to bed for me. Hope everyone has fun tomorrow!

cv quilter
November 17th, 2016, 08:00 AM
It's 4:00 a.m. on the 17th! Been awake since 1:15 and couldn't get back to sleep. Hate that!!! Finally got up at 2:30. Lots of wind and my wind chime was banging the house. I had to get the stool and get on it in the wind to take it down! Grumble! Going to go in the sewing room and work on my QA YG Log Cabin Tree Skirt. Hope you all have a good day.