PDA

View Full Version : Aaack! It's Christmas Eve!

toggpine
December 24th, 2011, 05:27 AM
I am now in panic mode. Up until an hour or so ago, I was just fine. (Denial is sooo much more than an river in Egypt!)

I envy you who have it all done, and am right there with you that still have stuff to do! Thankfully we don't have the big family dinner tonight, just the five of us and then to Christmas Eve service. The youngest is now in bed and I can get back to sewing the last of her stuff.

So, Merry Christmas to all!

Hugs, Cathy

Quiltlover
December 24th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Yikes!! Me, too. No gift for hubbie yet, no hobbies, or wants. Have to run get something for him to open.
Here I go....into the crush. Ah, for one of those movie type settings.....snow in the fields, homemade everything...cookies, homemade bread.etc. Presents piled under a lovely tree. Instead for the first time we have a bought 3 ft plastic prelit tree. Presents wrapped in printed boxes....no bows...since we have to travel. And now I have to go out into the CROWD and buy something for the most special person and he doesn't even want anything. Is this crazy or what. HA Such is REAL Life. Enjoy your Families, You Guys!!

CrazyMtnLady
December 24th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Good luck on getting everything done. Sometimes I envy those of you with families to get together and share the holidays with. But then I remember how hectic is was to make or buy gifts for everyone and the cooking, and then I think... it's not so bad with just the two of us. But I do miss the cooking. I will make the DH a pumpkin pie but that is the extent of my holiday cooking.

Merry Christmas to all.

quiltingtrish
December 24th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Hey everyone!
Yesterday was spent with Katie and we went shopping together. What a wonderful day. Of course most of the things we purchased was things for her but she needed it for her job. Long underwear, new rubber boots, a winter coat since the last one she let me purchase her was a few years ago - she just would wear a few sweatshirts, new socks, those types of things.
DH just asked me when was the last time he changed my oil. He was going to do it today? Uh, no. Once she gets home from work, I am heading up the river to a lady's home who says she has 'tons' of quilting magazines and quilting books for free for anyone who wants them. She posted over a week ago and since I knew I couldn't get there for a week, figured they would be gone by now. So I took my chance and emailed her. She had them sitting outside yesterday for me - who knew! - of course she posted this AFTER I left the house for the day and didn't get home until midnight - posted to her again and hope they are still there. Says there are 2 boxes and 2 large plastic bags she set out at the curb. Hurry up Katie and get home so I can go get them! I'll probably share them with my quilter friends and then take quite a bunch to the Guild for them to pour over and take what they'd like. But I get 1st dibs! Merry Christmas to me!
Christmas Eve services tonight at 5:30 and the church will be packed. Why is it hoards of people come out that night and not the rest of the year for church? Well, I should be happy they at least come out that night.
Tomorrow is church at 9:30 in the morning. It would have been tough when the kids were smaller, but not so much now. Odie said he will go with us - I know there are many church folks that would like to see him since they are praying for him when he is away doing his duty.

A few more gifts to wrap - not many - have the ham sitting out to defrost for tomorrow - and just sitting here waiting until Katie gets home so I can go get my treasures. I know she doesn't even get off work until around 11, but I'll be ready and waiting the minute she pulls in the driveway. Heck, she won't even have to turn the car off! haha! Ooooh - and the lady says most of the quilting books are old from the 60's, which I am sure I might have a few of them, but I enjoy looking through the old ones and see the cool projects they did back then.

Well, Merry Christmas everyone! I shall be thinking of you all and wishing you get something quilty tucked amongst your gifts.
Hugs,

ginampls
December 24th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Oh boy i have to get stocking stuffers for abbey plus i havent wrapped a thing. we need to get on that....plus my momwant to gotowally world....yikes.

NanaB
December 24th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I have been known to get up from the sewing machine, put the gift in a gift bag, and get into the car to deliver it!

cyndiofthevortex
December 24th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I am so happy that it is almost Christmas! We have a relaxed, low-key Christmas here and mostly all of my kids and their families will be here. Cooking more today but the cookies are done, the presents are wrapped and I just have a tiny bit of sewing to do. We even have a coating of snow to make the outdoors look Christmasy!

I wish you all a merry, relaxing, happy, peaceful Christmas filled with love!

Cyndi

Lisaau
December 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Merry Christmas all it's 2am Xmas day in Australia.... Knees plural are playing up and aching keeping me awake.....hubby snoring beside me.........lm glad everyone liked the you tube video l posted a couple of days ago....Aussie jingle bells......it's going to be 30 degrees Celsius for Xmas day which l think is around 90 degres Fahrenheit ... Really humid with thunderstorms..... The day will be spent at my parents house with family ...... And some neighbors of my parents.... 1couple are polish new to Australia ...any how have great day all.

Claire Hallman
December 24th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Ah, for one of those movie type settings.....snow in the fields, homemade everything...cookies, homemade bread.etc. Presents piled under a lovely tree. Instead for the first time we have a bought 3 ft plastic prelit tree. Presents wrapped in printed boxes....no bows...since we have to travel.

Just enjoy the company of that special guy, those movies, Currier and Ives and Norman Rockwell pictures are just that, pictures. Real life is so much more interesting and fun.

janluna
December 24th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2012! If you have kids at home who are healthy hug them extra hard and Thank God for this blessing. Thank you for prayers for Emily. You have no idea what they have meant to our family. Em went for another blood transfusion on Thursday and a talk with the Bone marrow transplant team. Even those doctors are split on what to do next. We are praying for an answer to which way do we go. We know that Joe and Heather have to make a decision about her care. They will be doing surgery in the early part of January and putting in a medi port so they won't have to stick her with needles. They can take blood and give meds through the port.
May your Christmas be an answer to all your prayers and may your 2012 be the best year ever for you all. May health and prospering be in abundance in the new year, all year! Love and hugs, Jan L.

Nena
December 24th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I am telling myself that I refuse to get all wigged out today. Tomorrow will come no matter what. It just going to be my husband, me and 4 out of our 5 kids here. We are going to just chill and have fun---this is the instructions I gave everyone. I plan on making sauce and lasagna for tomorrow. Once that is all on the stove and in the oven----I plan on sitting down and putting my feet up with a nice glass of wine. I want to enjoy tonight and tomorrow!!

bakermom
December 24th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Sitting here quietly waiting till it's time to leave for Mass with DD1 and family. After that it's off to DS and DIL's for Christmas eve with them. My baking is done, gifts are wrapped and waiting to be taken to the local kids Christmas Day. Gifts for the out-of-state kids were sent out a while ago

This Christmas is the first one in 30 years there are no kids at home to hang stockings. We launched the last one out into the world this spring. tomorrow, instead of the kids coming here, we will be going to them. I think it's important for the ones with children to be able to spend the day in their own homes.

phoots
December 25th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Because I've have no money for extras, I only bought 2 gifts for my bf. I think he will be very happy with what I got him! He gave me some clothes, a Kindle, a card to get books for my Kindle. His son is here. He's been nice to me for once! Shocking! He got a bunch of clothes since he's 14 and sprouting like a weed. We saw "Mission Impossible" today. Very good! There's no stress here except how to pay bills. My Christmas gift from my job is that they want me back on Tuesday! What more can a girl want? Well, maybe a ring???

Thank you to everyone on this forum! You've been my nightly habit and I love you all! When things aren't going well, I've got you all! When things are running smoothly, I've got you all! There's many that I've heard about here who needed prayers and I prayed. I've been asking for prayers myself and you all have prayed for me. What would I do without you?

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a sane and safe 2012!! I love you all!
Pam in Vegas