PDA

View Full Version : A VERY special request

Sandy Navas
December 23rd, 2011, 11:48 AM
Do you ever have that nagging feeling going on somewhere in the back of your mind that you've forgotten someone who is important to you? Well, that's what I've been going through the last couple of weeks. Here's the problem:

I know that several weeks ago a friend of ours, here on the forum, posted that she had received the word from her doctor that her cancer had returned. I remember saying prayers for her at the time and mentally adding her to my prayer list . . . but I failed to remember just who it was. Now I'm feeling bad because I can't recall the name. I do believe it was one of our Canadian sisters but beyond that I'm at a loss. I've tried searching through all the messages with every 'clue' I can think of. I so want to check to see how things are going and am feeling badly that my memory has failed me again.

If any of you are dealing with a recurrence (or even the first time facing cancer) please let me know. I'll not have a good end of the year until I've had the opportunity to pray for your healing.

Claire Hallman
December 23rd, 2011, 03:52 PM
Is this the person that had read her chart and had not been told anything by her doctor? I hope I am remembering correctly that she came back and said the doctors did not tell her about a metastasis because it is often a false reading on the test and she was OK.

Sandy Navas
December 23rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
I have some very wonderful friends here who are younger and have more brain cells than I do. Thank you so much - three responses and they were all right on. No wonder I love you all so much.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Divine Daisy
December 23rd, 2011, 06:08 PM
i think there are a few of us Sandy.

My only request to my Dr was that he arrange that Mr Daisy and i dont get chemo at the same time

cyndiofthevortex
December 23rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
I love that this is a place to ask for and share prayer requests. I don't always remember names or exact particulars but I know God does, so I pray for my friends here.

I'm so sorry to hear about you and your DH, Daisy. You'll be lifted up by name now, as is Heaven, a little 12 year old girl who is very sick, and Martha and her family who just lost her mom. We all have needs and as a community I'm thankful that we can get together and pray for and encourage each other.

I appreciate everyone here so much!

I truly do hope that you all have a happy Christmas.

Cyndi

janluna
December 23rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
I will also lift Daisy and Mr. Daisy, and Heaven up in prayers for healing! You all have been so kind to pray for Emily. I know how much that helps our family. So, Prayers go on ever upward and if there are more who need prayer, please list it so we can pray for you too. Have a very Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year! And if you have healthy kids, please hug them hard and praise God for that blessing! Hugs, Jan L.

Monique
December 23rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
I think Al should add a special place for requests such as these so they are kept in one place.

Prayers going out to all those who need them.

MRoy
December 23rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Lifting up prayers for all who are ill or in need of comfort...Daisy, Mr Daisy, Heaven, Emily, and any others. Christmas is a time of miracles and I still believe in miracles.

EsGrandma
December 23rd, 2011, 11:23 PM
Well said Myrna - Christmas is a time of miracles and I'm also praying for Daisy and Mr. Daisy, Heaven, Emily and all of the dear people here. Linda

stitching woman
December 23rd, 2011, 11:28 PM
My prayers join those of all our quilting sisters for Daisy, Mr. Daisy, Heaven, Emily and many others here that need them. May the miracles of Christmas enter all of your lives.

Merry Christmas to all.

Nena
December 24th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I pray for all of my quilt forum sisters and brothers.

lilmouse
December 26th, 2011, 12:13 AM
prayers being lifted as I type!

Mimis-quilts
December 26th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I was just having this same thought...it would be wonderful to just have a place to add our requests for prayers and be able to go back to them without going thru so many other conversations.
I think Al should add a special place for requests such as these so they are kept in one place.

Prayers going out to all those who need them.