PDA

View Full Version : Proud mama.......

Klasien
December 22nd, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hello ladies,

I'm so proud I have to share it with you......hope you don't mind.
As I told before, my youngest (17 year old) daughter an exchangestudent in Michigan, and guess what.....she made it to the paper!

She will be home summer 2012, and she left last august, so already 4 months without her, I miss her and my heart is crying for not being together this christmas.
But reading this today made me so happy and proud, this is what she wanted and this is soooooo good for her and she will never forget this year! (she is the girl in red, her name is Roselique Otten, but now in the States they call her Rose)

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/high-school/dutch-foreign-exchange-student-finds-a-role-with-milan-high-school-girls-basketball-team/#comments

Happy Holidays!!

Klasien

MRoy
December 22nd, 2011, 02:10 PM
Klasien, I read the article and I'm sure you're bustin' your buttons with pride! Basketball is a BIG sport in the US. Congratulations to Roselique and to you!

HandsOffItsMine
December 22nd, 2011, 02:20 PM
Hoi Klasien, wat een moment zeg!

Your daughter sounds so well rounded, you should be a proud mama! Congrats to both of you!

CrazyMtnLady
December 22nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
Great article. I am sure you are very proud. Roselique is a beautiful name.

cyndiofthevortex
December 22nd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Yay Rose! What a great article. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story about your daughter. I'm proud of her too! You must miss her so much. I love her name, Roselique. So pretty.

Bubby
December 22nd, 2011, 03:56 PM
Congrtulations...you have every reason to be proud. I hosted a girl from Norway one year and it was quite an experience for all of us!! Happy Holidays, Barb

stitching woman
December 22nd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Congratulations! What a wonderful daughter you have I know you must really miss her but you are giving her an experience of a lifetime. She is a lucky girl to have a mom like you.

SummerK
December 22nd, 2011, 05:13 PM
No wonder you're proud... You have a great girl!

debinmalaga
December 22nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
What a gifted, well rounded daughter you have! I have one away in college too (but MUCH closer, just hours away) and I know how hard it is to have them gone. Hang in there, Mom, she'll be home before you know it. Congrats to her, great article!

quiltingtrish
December 22nd, 2011, 06:21 PM
Well, I'd be busting a gut too! Looks like she is fitting right in with the team and all.

Hugs,

Lenie
December 22nd, 2011, 06:29 PM
Wow Klasien, wat geweldig, natuurlijk ben je trots, en dat hoort ook zo! Respect voor jou ook, dat je het zo lang zonder haar moet stellen. Gaan jullie nog een keertje daar op bezoek?

Monique
December 22nd, 2011, 06:46 PM
I can see why you would be proud. She is far but will be home before you know it. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Sandy Navas
December 22nd, 2011, 09:53 PM
We love proud Mommas here! Congratulations to both you and Roselique.

Carol_Ann
December 23rd, 2011, 12:46 AM
Klasien,
I am so happy for you and your daughter, Roselique. What a beauty she is. You will be amazed when she returns home at how much she has matured by being away. I wish her every happiness. Carol Ann

BellasQuilts
December 23rd, 2011, 01:06 PM
Klazien, you have every right to be proud! What a great article!

KiltedQuilter
December 23rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Great stuffs! Go Roselique!

janluna
December 23rd, 2011, 09:41 PM
Congratulations to you! It was a great article about Roselique. I love her team player attitude. I hope she has a great time while in the U.S. And she is a kick boxer! Wow! Hugs, Jan L.