PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday - Counting down the days

Blondie
December 21st, 2011, 07:58 AM
Good Morning Folksies!

Can't get images to load again this morning. I think because I use jpgs each visit I may have used more than my allotment, if there is such a thing. Oh well, here I am, saying Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukkah another day. Yesterday was busy; today will be my home day; last day before Christmas for me to get cookies made for customers. I am still not sure what I want to make but it will most likely be easy peasy cookies, nothing fancy with sprinkles, frosting etc.
Also last minute touches on little gifties for each client.

I will be a very busy little elf for the next several days.

So, now dear friends, I wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukkah, Happy Kwanzai, whatever you happen to celebrate.

See you next year!!!!!!!!!!

Bubby
December 21st, 2011, 08:28 AM
Hi Blondie & Everyone,

Yes, the countdown has begun...four more sleeps as Monique says!

DH is getting ready for work, Molly is still snoozing. I'm enjoying a lovely cuppa tea. It looks like we won't get a white Christmas this year...last one was 2006, and that one was a very special prayer request for someone dear to my heart to have that to enjoy for his last Christmas. It was truly a Christmas miracle...only our part of town got the snow....!

All our Christmas goodies have been made, shared with others and/or eaten. I may whip up a batch of fudge and some sugar cookies today...just in case. The big "just in case" is a DH who's a cookie eating machine!! That man loves his food.

I will get busy now and check in on you later. Phoots, good for you! I'm hoping they can keep you on long after the holidays are gone. Blondie, enjoy your day at home....

Hugs, Barb

quilter.martha
December 21st, 2011, 08:30 AM
Merry Christmas to you, too Blondie! Any cookie you make will be yummy I'm sure. I cut back on the cookie baking this year--at first my heart just wasn't in it and then I decided we just didn't need so much.

We leave the house at 3:30AM tomorrow morning to get to the airport for our trip home for Mom's funeral and Christmas. It's gonna be a really long day. I don't sleep well on airplanes so I'll definitely be running on empty.

Again, I want to thank everyone for your prayers. Keep them going for a few more days--saying our goodbyes to Mom will be hard. And, I felt I was OK enough to be a part of the memorial service--I'm reading some scriptures. Pray I don't get emotional and blubber instead of read. None of my siblings was felt able to do anything, so I'm it.

Everyone, have a Merry Christmas. Prayers continue for our 2 angels out there, and others with needs as well.

toggpine
December 21st, 2011, 09:16 AM
Oh dear. I have to go to bed. Blondie, Barb, and Martha are already posting on Wednesday. Well, either that or go drink a pot of coffee and keep sewing. Darn, the coffee will make me have to pee and then I won't get any sewing done for running to the bathroom. Arrgh!
No coffee, just back to sewing then. I'll check back in later in my morning, probably about the time Ruby is waking up in Oahu!

Safe travels Martha I am sure you will do fine. It's OK to get choked up and take a minute to recompose yourself if you have to.

Barb I have a Cookie Monster for a husband too!

Blondie, It sounds like you will be off the 'puter for a week or so. Have a great Christmas!

Have a great start to your day, or finish for our friends on the flip side of the planet!
Cathy

Monique
December 21st, 2011, 09:20 AM
Good morning Blondie, Barb and Martha.

Here is the latest. My son and his family are coming on Saturday instead of Boxing Day. Yeah. But I am glad I will be working the 27th-30th. They are staying the week. Don't get me wrong, I love them to death.

Well we had our last gathering for Victoria's Quilts for 2011 yesterday. There were 33 members present. Our anniversary was Monday Dec 19, 2006. In those five years, 250 quilts have been given out to cancer patients. One of our ladies makes the carry bags that they all come with. She has made 350 to date. WOW!! What a wonderful group of ladies to work with.

Today. Better get my tail in gear, cleaning up. I don't know why as they will just mess it all up again. LOL!!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

From my family to yours, have a very merry Christmas and a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. God bless you all.

Lisaau
December 21st, 2011, 09:46 AM
G'day All I thought my friends around the world..would like to hear the Aussie version of jingle bells...I hope you guys like it.........Merry Christmas Everyone !!!

Aussie Jingle Bells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrPdvh0HRhc&feature=related

debinmalaga
December 21st, 2011, 10:30 AM
Lisa, thanks for the "scorching summer's day" version of Christmas!

MRoy
December 21st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Martha, you're in my prayers. Wishing you a safe trip and God's comfort. Happy baking, Blondie. Enjoy your time with your family Monique (I understand about working during part of their visit...sometimes you just gotta have a break even from those you love dearly)

My Christmas is pretty much over and I'm fine with that. We had Christmas with our son when he was home for my sister's service and the grandkids are too far away to come for Christmas. I didn't go back to work this week. Friday and Monday are work holidays so I decided I'd give myself some extra time off. I'm usually working while others take extra leave.

I hope everyone has a great day...All who are going through difficult times remain in my thoughts and prayers.

stitching woman
December 21st, 2011, 10:55 AM
Good morning ladies,

Martha you will have my prayers in the coming days this will be a very hard Christmas for you may God's love comfort you and your family.
The first of our company came last night we had a wonderful time. We gave the needle and wool quilt to Joe and he really like it and it is the perfect size for him. Always fun to see the look on the repentant face. More cookie baking today.
Merry Christmas to all of my quilty friends. May God bless each and everyone of you.

Sandy Navas
December 21st, 2011, 11:28 AM
Just running in for a bit to try to catch up. I'm pretty much going to be out of pocket, too. I'll pop in when able, but the next few weeks are destined to be a whirlwind end-of-the-year - new-beginnings time in my life!

May everyone celebrating have a wonderful Holiday season - no matter the temperature.

May those who need comfort find it in their personal Savior.

May healing be provided to those in need. Hear our prayers!

May 2012 dawn brightly and be full of the very best we can expect!

Hugs to all - and if I sense there is a climate of doldrums I'll pop in and create a bit of nonsense to get you chuckling!

KiltedQuilter
December 21st, 2011, 11:28 AM
I am hanging together by a thread, boys are still ill and I have a bad head. No baking or sewing today just taking care of the invalids.
Bug hugs to you, have a super Christmas all!(I may not make it back on until after the New year).

meemeecyn
December 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM
Yes, an early Christmas wish for you all! Thoughts of you will continue, Martha. It's OK to 'blubber', that is part of the grieving process. Such a nice gift you are giving to your siblings and Mom! It will give you comfort in the future, too.

There are cookie monsters everywhere! But it wouldn't be Christmas without them, would it?

Myrna....maybe you'll get some sewing done while others are opening presents!

Lisa.....thanks for sharing the video!

We understand, Monique...no need to explain.

Have a great day everyone.
Cynthia

MRoy
December 21st, 2011, 12:52 PM
Cynthia, I do hope to get some sewing done. It's good not to have to any last minute gifts or plans to deal with....just rest and relaxation and schlepping around in sweats for a few days.

CrazyMtnLady
December 21st, 2011, 01:55 PM
Good morning.
Martha, my prayers are with you and your family. Saying good-bye to a parent is not easy. And even if you do "get emotional and blubber" everyone will understand.

Lisa. Thanks for the video. Being 1/2 Aussie I really loved it. My mom use to tell us stories of Christmases when she was growing up in Brisbane of going to the beach on Christmas afternoon. As a young child growing up in Snowy Indiana it was hard to believe anyone could go to the beach on Christmas!

My DH promised to take me shopping. He said we would get each other a few little things and actually have Christmas this year. He brought me home a couple bars of handmade soap from the gun show that his friends wife made. One actually smells cinnamony and has a dragonfly on it. Plus I need to go to the grocery store if he wants to eat at all the rest of the week!
Just call me Old Mother Hubbard... cause the cupboard is pretty bare. And I can't keep him out of the Eggnog cookies! Left some in the mailbox for the mail lady the other day. Would like to take some to some other neighbors if they last long enough.

Merry Christmas!

Okay.. I hear the mule really braying .. most be her and the horse are out of hay!!!! I am sure she is not just saying Good Morning!
Guess I need to get out there and feed them.

HandsOffItsMine
December 21st, 2011, 02:09 PM
Aloha all,

Martha, it's ok to shed a tear, take a moment to take a deep breath and continue on. Today it's been 12 years that my Mom's suffering ended after nine long years of peaks and valleys. What make helped me as I stood there in church is to picture Mom standing next to God with a serene look on her face...no more pain, she was in a good place. (((Martha))) Have a save trip dear friend.

Myrna, we're like you as we sent the last box to CA on Monday. We feel like Christmas is kind of over and as we looked at the few things we ordered online for ourselves - "Ahhh heck, just stack them nicely by the kids present they sent and call it a day." :)

Cathy, hope you went to bed and got some sleep! We were up since 3:30 am, the winds are just crazy and it howls through the patio doors. This will be a nap day for sure for us.

Will be sewing my five curtain panels that came in the other day into a continues panel, then sew on the pleat tape across that width. :( - - - 225" x 95" Not looking forward to that at all. Rebecca where are you when I need you. lol

Safe travel for those seeing family and friends, prayers for all, especially those in need and our little angels Emily & Heaven.

Should you not check in before the big day...

Prettig Kerst, Merry Christmas and Mele Kalikimaka from Don and Ruby

toggpine
December 21st, 2011, 03:49 PM
Morning Again!
Yes, I did catch a few hours of sleep. I have the house as tidy as it's gonna get for today. Back to some sewing, or at least the sewing that can be done while little eyes are awake!

Here is to hoping that we can all get our last minute things done! For those of you who are done, bask in the peace of the season!

Hugs,Cathy

janluna
December 23rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Martha, my heart goes out to you. I will be praying for a comforting time for you. I know it will be hard. God Bless you and your family.
Cathy, you will get it all done! You can sleep the day after Christmas! LOL
Don and Ruby, thank you for the cards. You guys are so sweet! You are such a blessing!
Merry Christmas to all, wherever you are in the world! And may 2012 be the best year ever for all of you! Hugs, Jan L.