PDA

View Full Version : happy Tuesday - Tonite starts Hannukah

Blondie
December 20th, 2011, 08:13 AM

~ Happy Hannukah everyone ~

Tuesday is my second favorite day of the week. It is generally a day that I can do whatever I want to do. That is unless hubs is home or I have errands to run for Mom. Today is one of those Tuesdays when I will hit the floor running at about 7:30. So, I have about an hour before I actually have to be dressed and ready to go out the door. I will judiciously use my time, dividing it between reading the posts here, checking out a few favorite blogs. I have recently found one that had some neat looking burp cloths that I am wont to make and send to the expectant couple. I never had one, just used a cloth diaper. Lord knows I had plenty of those - I don't miss the days of diaper soaking and washing.

I heard that the Southwest of the states has been hit by a blizzard. Prayers said for anyone here involved. I have a good friend in Kansas who is being hit.

Off to read what's up. Have a wonderful day. Blessings to all who celebrate the miracle of the lights.

Sharon G
December 20th, 2011, 09:13 AM
My Tuesday is almost over (10.30pm) but it has been a positive one...hooray!
My quilting dilemma is over! I will post an explanation and a pic in the forum where I first asked for help :icon_rolleyes:

I hope you're already out the door as I write this Blondie, otherwise...YOU'RE LATE!!!! ;)

My busy days are over for now so I will hopefully enjoy a peaceful day tomorrow, lazing around with all the dogs, soaking up some sunshine and enjoying a good coffee. All will be lost on Friday when the first of the family arrive...my two beautiful grand daughters included...yippeeeeeeeeee!

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Monique
December 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Good morning Blondie and Sharon.

Blondie, you better be out and about.

Sharon, I envy your warm weather. And I know what you mean about grandchildren. I will see mine on Monday next week.

Today is our last session of 2011 for Victoria's Quilts. We will quilt this morning and then have a catered lunch right in the church hall. Looking forward to it. They are calling for freezing rain tomorrow so I am glad it is today.

I did not get much accomplished yesterday. I straightened out the sewing room in preparation of granddaughter coming. That is where she sleeps on a blow-up mattress. I did get my parcel mailed out to go to Victoria, BC. He won't have it for Christmas but what the heck. There will be none of that for next year because he will be closer to home.

This weather, warm one day and cold the next, is killing my knee. Man, is it sore. It only slows me down a little. It is very hard to keep a good woman down. Considering what Emily and Heaven are going through, a sore knee is nothing.

Sandy sorry to get your hopes up about the trip. If I could I would go on that bus trip to Missouri for sure. Maybe one day.

Have to get the keester up and at it.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Shirley
December 20th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Blondie, Happy Hannukah to you! So far our weather here is just rain and lots of it. It hasn't rained for so long - no rain this past spring and summer, we really needed it. Lots of snow in the western part of Kansas but I don't thnik we will have any today. Phew! Missed that one.
I hope you all have a wonderful day. I haven't been able to quilt for a couple of months - I am getting a new quilting room, bigger bathroom, large walkin closet and did I mention a new quilting room. It's going to take awhile but it is slowing coming together.
Take care my friends.

Loonwatcher
December 20th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Good morning all.

Finish up a couple more wallets last night. Just have our stockings to make and I'm done. Got to hit the grocery store tonight and stop by a friend's to wish her a Merry.. and make sure she's all set for knee replacement she is having on Thursday. Bad timing but very good that she's finally getting it done. Has needed it for a while.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Prayers to those who need it.

Bubby
December 20th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Good Morning....It's a soggy morning here...raining for two days and nights now. My DD is in the middle of the New Mexico blizzard in Albuquerque. I taked to her yesterday and she thought they were well prepared....firewood for the stove, water, candles and food for horses and humans. They sure have some crazy weather there for it being the desert!

We took Molly to the vet last night after DH got home from work and we discussed putting her down vs the diminished quality of her life....DH absolutely will not agree to put her down. He also informed that he will NOT have that conversation again. This is really touchy for us, especially since I've had Molly since she was a baby and DH has known her four years. I guess we will take this one day at a time. The ideal situation would be that she pass in her sleep and that we won't have to make the big decision. For now the vet tells us she is not suffering.

I cleaned up the worst of the mess in my sewing room yesterday and hid it in a tote in the closet! I doubt I will sew any more until after Christmas. Our new neighbors dropped by last night and brought us a lovely fresh flower holiday arrangement in a basket....white roses with pine and some type of fresh berries. How sweet was that!

I have an early appointment this morning, so I will get off here and shower and head for town. I hope you all have a wonderful day. I think I'll make a pot of homemade soup when I get back home...this is the perfect weather for it!

Hugs and prayers all around....

Lisaau
December 20th, 2011, 10:16 AM
g'day all ..............it sounds really cold in the usa and beyond ....we finally got told our weather for melbourne australia for christmas day its expected tobe a perfect hot day with temps of about 32 degrees celsius which I think is about 96 degrees farenheit..........and yet we will still have have a traditional xmas lunch with ham , turkey , chicken and vegetables as well as christmas pudding for dessert........and brandy cream. And of course its mandatory to over eat but gosh its christmas its only once a year....

K. McEuen
December 20th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Albuquerque for the most part didn't get blizzard weather, unless you were more in the foothills. I live right in the middle of town (am a mile high) and we had rain, snow, rain, snow all day long yesterday, but nothing really stuck. My yard is wet and the backyard has a slight dusting of snow on the ground this morning but the roads are clear. I have a friend that lives about 3 miles closer to the mountains than me and she had about 5 inches of snow on the ground in her yard last night. It's really grey outside today and looks like it could snow some today, but I don't think it's in the forecast and it seems a little too warm with all the cloud cover.

It's a little strange in Albuquerque, storms tend to go right around most of the city. Santa Fe, 60 miles to the north gets tons of snow, Belen to the south gets more and just the other side of the mountains gets hit hard, all the way to the Texas border, but here in town we seem to be spared from the worst of it. That is one reason I like living here, we don't get that much snow and the few days we may see of it are more than made up for by the lack of really hot heat in humidity in the summer.

HandsOffItsMine
December 20th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Aloha all,

Snow in the desert, heavy rains on the Big Island Christmas week...Mother Nature is having PMS. ;)

Yesterday I saw my first blow hole spray! The whale as about 500 yards off shore, amazing. Problem in the car, no camera. There were also pods of dolphins jumping along for about a mile. Gorgeous!! This will be our first Xmas on the island of Oahu. We're counting our blessings...our other option to re-start was Champa, NM. Was all set to become a horse woman on 10 acres, barn, huge garage, 1500 sq. ft. house. Then I read 109" of snow in the Farmer's Almanac. ROFLMAO Back I went searching on other options.

Still in the country, rams/goats at my front door, peacocks, wild pigs, chickens, mongoose, at the back door. 700 sq ft near the beach, valley and mountains where we are. Rain...short bursts regularly, average daily temp. 75-80. Sure beats the snow. lol Sometimes the extra room in Champa is a dream for a quilter, but my Fibro probably wouldn't have been too happy. :)

Eventhough this Christmas is difficult as this is the first time ever Don and I will no be with our daughter Kat (27) on Xmas, plus now our grandsons and SIL. We count our blessings that Don's health is much better (open heart surgery 12/18/09) and his spirits are better even after more than two years of unemployment, my Fibro likes the more even daily temps.

We TG that He guided us to our home and is watching over us. Our prayers to Emily and Heather, and all who are in need during this holiday season. May you be warm, fed, and loved.

Ruby

toggpine
December 20th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Oh Lisa, sign me up for the brandy cream! I don't know what the Christmas pudding is, but I imagine is something like a cake.

I got a little more sewing done last night and after filling the hay feeders and checking water tanks this morning I'll get back to it. Again, waiting until little Sleeping Beauty wakes up on her own. Then HOPEFULLY we'll get to bake & decorate cookies today. I have no plans to leave the house today.
The house could use a lick and a promise, but that might have to wait too.
I hope none of you are getting pounded by the weather. A little snow is nice, and the rain is certainly needed in the south, as long as it doesn't all come at once.
A few more days before it's too late to do any more sewing for Christmas. Like I need to remind myself of THAT!
Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate the Festival of Lights!

Hugs & prayers for you! Cathy

quilter.martha
December 20th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Ruby, thanks for sharing the photos! It looks beautiful there. Enjoy the warm weather and your first Hawaiian Christmas ssomething most of us will never experience.