PDA

View Full Version : MAKE HIM STOP!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyMtnLady
December 19th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Please would someone come to my house and take away the "Rattlesnake Magnets" by DH brought home from the gun show he went to over the weekend.
HE IS DRIVING ME TOTALLY NUTS:icon_crazy:
He is throwing two up in the air and they spin and make a rattling noise.....non-stop!!!!!!!
Remember the Calgon commercials.... Calgon Take Me Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monique
December 19th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Can you throw them in the bush or up a tree?

quilter.martha
December 19th, 2011, 04:25 PM
My DH has a couple of those, too. But his live at work. The fascination of them will stop soon--just don't let it get under your skin or he'll just keep it up!

Blondie
December 19th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Oh, wish I had one to give hubs. He is T-errified of snakes. I am not. I would like to give him one to shake at the tv screen. Hmm, maybe on ebay.
Thanks for the idea and oh yeah, hope your hubs gets over his fascination soon enough.
Blondie

K. McEuen
December 19th, 2011, 06:21 PM
You need a bigger magnet and good timing. Just stroll through the room and capture one when he tosses them.

Sandy Navas
December 19th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Just for Blondie. Take a hair-pin and bend it out in the shape of a "Y", put a rubber band through a small metal washer and put the rubber band over the top of the arms on the hair-pin. Wind it up and carefully put it in an envelope (may need a piece of cardboard on either side - cereal box weight - to keep it from unwinding) and tuck in the flap. Put a label on it that says "Rattle Snake Seeds" and put it in his Christmas stocking.

I will NOT be held accountable. I will NOT be held accountable. I will NOT be held accountable.

Nena
December 19th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Just for Blondie. Take a hair-pin and bend it out in the shape of a "Y", put a rubber band through a small metal washer and put the rubber band over the top of the arms on the hair-pin. Wind it up and carefully put it in an envelope (may need a piece of cardboard on either side - cereal box weight - to keep it from unwinding) and tuck in the flap. Put a label on it that says "Rattle Snake Seeds" and put it in his Christmas stocking.

I will NOT be held accountable. I will NOT be held accountable. I will NOT be held accountable.

Oh Sandy you are too funny!!!!

My husband gets fixated on certain things too. Thank God my house is big enough, I can just walk away and shake my head.

CrazyMtnLady
December 19th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Sandy you are a little devil aren't you! What a great idea though for a kid's carnival or flea market.

Sandy Navas
December 19th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Sandy you are a little devil aren't you! What a great idea though for a kid's carnival or flea market.

Danna - I only got kicked off the school bus once!!!!!

Bubby
December 19th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Count yourself lucky...At our house I have to listen to deer, ellk, turkey, duck and goose calls all the time! Talk about something that can drive you nuts!!!!!

CrazyMtnLady
December 19th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Oh Bubby believe me I have to listen to those things too. Especially now with muzzleloader season going strong! "The Can" is one that can drive me nuts real quick... the dogs too.

toggpine
December 20th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Try this:

"If you ever want to eat another homemade meal in this house again, those WILL go outside."

Granted this will only work if you actually cook homemade meals. You can subsitute "outside" for the shop, the garage, your vehicle, to work, or wherever you know you won't have to listen to the obnoxious sound.

You usually only have to do this once, and they will remember it forever.

I had a new bread machine and thought I'd make cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I got up extra early on Saturday, about 5:30, to start the dough. That went as planned and I rolled it out and created the rolls. Those suckers REFUSED to rise the second time. I don't know if I had bought a bad batch of yeast or what. It took forever. Meanwhile my step-son, about 13 at the time, was hounding me about when they were going to be done. I was frustrated with the stupid dough too, but I couldn't make the yeast work any faster. I had tried every trick I knew to get them going. I finally had enough and told him that if he asked one more time I was never making them again. EVER.
You wanna ask him if he's ever had any since?

I don't get any crap from anybody while I am cooking anymore.

Good luck with him! Now if I could get the 5 year old to stop singing the gingerbread songs from the school concert over and over and over and over and over.

Genny
December 20th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Oh, wish I had one to give hubs. He is T-errified of snakes. I am not. I would like to give him one to shake at the tv screen. Hmm, maybe on ebay.
Thanks for the idea and oh yeah, hope your hubs gets over his fascination soon enough.
Blondie

Maybe Donna could pack up her husbands and send them to you!

Blondie
December 20th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Maybe Donna could pack up her husbands and send them to you!

That would work. LOL.

Blondie
December 20th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Sandy, I am going to do this. Thank you for the idea. Brilliance, thy name is Sandy.

KiltedQuilter
December 20th, 2011, 07:51 AM
My son had some of those a few years back, he went outside threw them up and "I only saw one land" :icon_beuj:
Lucky for me he couldn't find the other one anywhere. They're annoying, right up there with Clackers, don't know if you guys had them in the US but they got banned in a few schools around us when I was little as they were SO noisy!