PDA

View Full Version : Happy Monday Morning!

Blondie
December 19th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Good Morning, Afternoon, evening or in some cases, Happy Tuesday - does anyone really know what time it is?? Oh yes, I do! It is the last week before Christmas & the day before Hanukkah begins. I couldn't get any of my images to load this morning, so you just have
ME !

I had a wonderful weekend. After work on Saturday my DD took me to lunch and we did a wee bit of Christmas shopping. Then I joined Mom and Sis at Mom's house for the cookie baking. Oy, did we ever bake. Of course, I ate almost as much as we made - after all, Christmas is the time to never count carbs, calories, etc. I pay not attention to those bad words even when it isn't a holiday. I know I should. But not to worry, that won't be on my New Years Resolution either.
My birthday yesterday was very pleasant as well. Woke up at Mom's with my husband, Mom and Sister staring at me when I woke up. Yikes! What a wake up call. They were all singing happy birthday - none of them can carry a tune but it was sweet music to my ears. Yep, Rebecca, I am officially a week older than you. I have no fear that you shall catch up in 6 days.

I am on my last minute rush to finish a few more small things up - since I got a new sidewinder as a birthday gift from DD, I can really make hay! Yippee! My old one got slapped to the floor one time too many by Dinah Kitty. This one shall be hidden from Kitty's viewing and swatting pleasure.

Have a great day everyone!

MRoy
December 19th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Good morning Blondie and Happy Belated Birthday.

Blondie
December 19th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Hi Myrna
Don't you have a birthday this week as well? We really should start a birthday thread where our regulars can post their days.
Hmmm
I hope you have a wonderful day, pretty lady with talented fingers and the obvious good taste of being a part of this great group !

MRoy
December 19th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Thanks Blondie...Yes, today is my birthday.

Blondie
December 19th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Happy Birthday! Yet another twin of mine! I still have some birthday cake to share with you. I did just eat a big piece with my morning coffee - still, there is some of that (chocolate with chocolate frosting) and then there is the coconut cake my Mom made which is yummy as well. that is to be my brunch and I shall share with you as well.
Have a wonderful day! Hope it is as pleasant as mine was.

quilter.martha
December 19th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Happy birthday Myrna, and happy b-day one day late Blondie! Wow, lots of December birthdays here on the forum (not me--I'm a May flower girl). I hope you all have great celebrations for your day.

Our DD arrived home Saturday afternoon from school. Its always so wonderful having her here. Today we're going to do some clothes shopping for her for our trip home this week. Any excuse for a new outfit you know. I don't mind. Spending time with her is what counts.

My DH is off work until Jan 3 now! He had 3 days of bereavement he was allowed and is taking them this week before we leave for San Diego. And he was planning on using up his vacation time the week between Christmas and New Years anyway. It's kinda strange having him home. Not as easy to get things done.

It's a very cold 10 degrees out this morning. I guess winter finally decided to hit!

Lisaau
December 19th, 2011, 08:51 AM
blondie its actually Monday for you not tuesday ...its 10.51pm australian time on monday night...so it has tobe monday morning for you ...............and happy brithday....

Monique
December 19th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Good morning Blondie and Happy Belated Birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYRNA! HOPE YOU HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!

Monique
December 19th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Hi Myrna
Don't you have a birthday this week as well? We really should start a birthday thread where our regulars can post their days.
Hmmm
I hope you have a wonderful day, pretty lady with talented fingers and the obvious good taste of being a part of this great group !

Look under "Calendar" and you can see all who have birthdays. At least those who included the date in their profile.

Monique
December 19th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Monday morning indeed. 6 more sleeps. Yesterday I was tidying the two bedrooms for when Phil, Jodi and the two girls come next week. Sewing room was a wreck. Still have some cleaning to do. Worked on the b & w quilt some more. I will post a pic of it later. Snowed here last night. Might not be a green Christmas after all.

The weather is really bothering my knee. I was in a car accident almost 16 years ago in February and my knee got smashed up against the dash. It has been really sore these couple of days. Oh well, hard to keep a good woman down.

I have the parcel for Greg & Roxy ready to mail out. He's the one out west, who is moving closer next summer. WOOHOO! Can you tell I am excited?

Forgot to mention, I received an email about the quilt trip coming up next September to Philadelphia. I AM GOING!! Sending my deposit ASAP!!

That's about it for this gal. Off this butt to get some work done.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

stitching woman
December 19th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Happy Birthday to Blondie on day late and Myrna! Hope both of you have a wonderful day.

Have the last of the wrapping to do today. We have a few friends and family in for Christmas dinner looking forward to that.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Shirley
December 19th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Happy belated birthday! Glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend!

Bubby
December 19th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Good Morning Everyone....Happy belated B'Day Miss Blondie and Happy Birthday Myrna!!!!! You girls enjoy your special days!

I've been dealing with a very sick puppy....I'm fearing our little Molly will be leaving us very soon. I held her most of the day yesterday and she slept like a baby. I have no news other than this, so I will get off here and check in again later today.

Wishing all of you a wonderful day....Hugs

meemeecyn
December 19th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Happy Birthday, Myrna! Celebrate hardy! Belated wishes for you, too, Blondie. December babies sure are special!

Martha, hope you get to do some fun stuff while Hubby is off. I know your heart is heavy, though. Thoughts of you remain as you deal with the loss of your mother.

Barbara...so sorry to hear about Molly. I know how special a dog is. They are so much a part of the family.

Have a good day everyone. I'm planning on getting some errands done. Can not believe Christmas is in a few days!

Cynthia

CrazyMtnLady
December 19th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Happy Birthday to the Birthdays girls. What a way to get extra Christmas presents....snicker snicker!!!!!

Barbara.. my prayers are with you and Molly. I know how hard it is to tend to a sick dog that can't tell you where it hurts!

Sandy Navas
December 19th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Echoing - got to run today - get ready for company and Al let me sleep too late. I'm late, I'm LATE, I'm LATE!!! Also will have four kids here this afternoon . . . I'm not up to this.

Checking in later - may have to change bus tour plans if Monique is REALLY coming down!!!!!!!!!! Let me know!!!

LynneLeavell
December 19th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Happy belated birthday Blondie and happy birthday Myrna. Quilter.Martha I too am a May flower. Hope everyone as a blessed day.

Sharon G
December 19th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Good morning ladies. It's now 3am Tuesday in South Australia so I think I have missed the birthday girls (and the customary cake).
Hope you gals had a lovely day ;)
I've been up all night sewing again. Still working on rescuing my DD's quilt for Christmas.
What trials and tribulations, but all is not lost. I think the finished product will be acceptable and...our family are all happy and healthy and ready for a lovely Christmas together. Can't ask for more than that. I only wish it could be so for all those in need. :(
Just a little more stitching and I just may call it a night/day.
See you all on the other side :icon_wave:

toggpine
December 19th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Happy Birthday Myrna, and yours a day late Blondie! Barb, sorry to hear about Molly, that is so hard.

I'm off to get some more sewing done while the kids sleep in (first day of Christmas break). I'd do some baking, but the mixer would wake them for sure and I certainly don't need a sullen just-past-teenager making snarky remarks, and clingy-in-the-morning 5 year-old to help with that. It can wait until a little later.

You all have a great day!
Cathy

janluna
December 19th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Happy Birthday Myrna! Hope your day is wonderful!
Martha, My sympathies on losing your Mom. God Bless her and your memories of her.
Barb, Having recently gone through the same thing, I am sorry about Molly. At least she knows you are with her. I regret I wasn't with my Smokey. Tell Molly to look for Smokey at the rainbow bridge.
Sandy please pace yourself. If you can't do it all, DON'T! It won't make a difference in a month, and you need to take better care of you.
I will be around but probably not often, so let me say to all: May you all have a very Merry Christmas and for those who celebrate it a Happy Chanukah! And may God, bless us, every one. Blessings, Jan L.

bakermom
December 19th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Our family get together was a great success. got home in time to change for work so i slept in REAL good this morning. Now to get myself iin the gift-wrapping mode. And figure out where I hid one last present- hate it when i hide things too good!

sally
December 19th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Good morning...My weekend was great. Had a Christmas gathering at my house Sat. evening and sounds like everyone had a good time. Then on Sunday we went icefishing using our new tent. It worked great nice a cozy inside and we caught 8 fish between us. Sadly though when we got home I dicovered our old parakeet had passed away. He was very old and had a good life and his last meal was a honey stick which he loved. He is now out flying free and for that I am glad.

Blondie
December 19th, 2011, 05:57 PM
thanks Monique; I never ever even noticed that. Will be checking that out!

Loonwatcher
December 19th, 2011, 06:12 PM
A big Happy Birthday to Blondie, Myrna and Monique.

So cold here today....UGH! When wrapping gifts on Saturday I discovered that I need to make 2 more wallets.....just when you think you're done.... Actually I'm nevery really done; keep grabbing more stocking stuffers everytime I go into the store.

Barb, so sorry about your doggie. They are such a big part of the family.

So off to sew some wallets, I have to delivery them tomorrow.

Have a great evening,

quiltingtrish
December 19th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Birthday gals! Happy days to you Blondie and Myrna.

Not much going on here at the moment. Did my usual chores after work and have dinner in - now thinking of maybe making some banana bread to use up the bananas that I just bought the other day and the skins have split. What's up with that? Also, was going to make some macroni and cheese for a work luncheon - get it ready and then have the Life Skills kids cook it, but now thinking since I have a whole bag of potatoes - should probably just make some cold potatoe salad. It will be so much easier to carry in on Wednesday in the rain that's supposed to arrive.
I've never made potatoe salad but have my mom's receipes, so I think that's half the battle - getting a good receipe.

It's nice to have everything done for Christmas ahead of time when I can just relax and pick and choose what I want to do when. A few years ago I was literally up half the night on Christmas Eve making those rice neck warmers. I swore after that that if I wasn't ready for Christmas a week before, then I wasn't ready. I am much less frazzled. And those neck warmers? I think we are the only ones who actually use theirs. My sisters lost theirs somewhere in their house and my Dad's is hanging over a door handle in the dining room. I know he never uses it. Anyways ...

Guess I better get moving here. Need to check out the posts and see if anyone posted any new photos of their projects. I love looking at them. I need to get some of my photos updated - perhaps over the Holiday break.

Hope you all have a great evening!
Hugs,

mamaquilt
December 19th, 2011, 08:11 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLONDIE!

Haven't been on the forum that much lately, but I promise after the Christmas vacation I'll be reading all the posts I missed.

Have a nice week with not too much stress and many holiday greetings from Luxembourg

Nena
December 19th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Happy Birthday to both of you Ladies!!!!!!:lol:

toggpine
December 20th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Trish, I use my flax bag (similar to the rice ones) to warm my feet in bed! Some fall/winter nights my toes are so cold they ache. I am sure my husband appreciates that I don's stick them on him!

I did get a tiny bit of sewing done and then I went to Mom & Dads to help install anti-virus stuff on their computer. After dealing with Centurylink I was so Scrooged out. Thankfully I decided to not take the freeway home. We drove through part of Tacoma that had some pretty Christmas lights. Listening to the sounds of my daughter Ohh and Ahh over the pretty twinklely lights certainly helped.
Jan's news about her Emily is another good thing.
Now supper is done, hubby has a fire going in the woodstove, and I have some time to sew.
Feeling a lot better. You all have a good evening!
Cathy

HandsOffItsMine
December 20th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Got here eventually...lol

Happy Bday to Blondie and Myrna, enjoy those special days and treatment!

Like many, just when you've made the last trip to the post office. Yikes, forgot the kids of my friends. :( TG for Boutique the Targee for their cute gift cards. Taking the easy way out, I know, I know, it's not from the heart, yada, yada, but heck. It needs to get there before Xmas! Me bad.

KiltedQuilter
December 20th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Happy Belated Birthday Blondie!