• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Genny
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2011

Its been a great weekend...

Its been a really great weekend! I actually had a 2 day weekend and I got so much done! Since I purchased my Janome I've been working on Christmas Presents for all 6 of my girls and my mother in law. I've embroidered the fronts of 7 pillows and finally got them sewn together yesterday. Last night while watching TV with my DH I stuffed and finshed all of them. Glad they're done but today my hands are really stiff...arthritis I'll try to get a picture of them posted on here.
    Today we went to my daughter's for my 19 year old grandaughter's birthday party. DH and I got to see our 2 little great-grandaughters and play with them. Since I work nights we don't get to see them very often. Then we came home and I gave my little sewing room a good cleaning. Tomorrow before I go to work I'm going to give my Janome a good cleaning too. The rest of the week I'm going to try to wrap and bag Christmas presents.
    Hope everyone else had a great weekend too!!!
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Re: Its been a great weekend...

Good morning Genny
    Sounds like your weekend was a dream! Looking forward to your pics.
    Merry Christmas
    Blondie
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• Monique
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2011

Genny, you have been a busy little beaver. Don't forget to take some time for yourself. Merry Christmas.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2011

Genny, sounds like a busy weekend. Can't wait to see pictures of your projects. I have not done any embroidery in such a long time. I actually found a couple sets of pillowcases that I need to finish embroidering. I have only had them for about 20 years...LOL.
        My weekend was quite busy too. Laundry (old fashioned wringer washer w/double tubs and a clothesline)! Brought in and stacked 5 wheelbarrows full of wood. Cleaned house and made a double batch of Eggnog Cookies. It was nice having my DH away at a gun show. I got sooooooooooo much done! He got home safely, last evening.
        Donna
        MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• Genny
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by CrazyMtnLady View Post
          Genny, sounds like a busy weekend. Can't wait to see pictures of your projects. I have not done any embroidery in such a long time. I actually found a couple sets of pillowcases that I need to finish embroidering. I have only had them for about 20 years...LOL.
          My weekend was quite busy too. Laundry (old fashioned wringer washer w/double tubs and a clothesline)! Brought in and stacked 5 wheelbarrows full of wood. Cleaned house and made a double batch of Eggnog Cookies. It was nice having my DH away at a gun show. I got sooooooooooo much done! He got home safely, last evening.
          Oh my goodness, talk about busy, you have really been busy! I remember helping my mom at home with the laundry using the double tubs, wringer washer and that wonderful ole clothesline! I just loved the freshness of the clothes when we folded them as we took them down. Thanks for the memories... and I can almost taste the Eggnog Cookies...YUM!
          TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Working...
          X