PDA

View Full Version : Sad Monday

phoots
December 19th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Tomorrow, Monday, will be a sad day for me. I have a 15 yr old car that has gotten me through thick and thin until about two yrs ago. Since then I've spent about $2500 fixing this and adjusting that so it could get my bf back and forth to work. But all that ends tomorrow. I'm donating the car to charity for a tax write off. I can't afford to fix it anymore and I can't register it because it won't pass smog. And I don't have the money to get a waiver for the smog. So tomorrow I say goodbye to my loving, trusty Ford. I loved that car for so very long. Bye now. I still love you. (sniff, sniff)
Pam

Genny
December 19th, 2011, 03:12 AM
I know its sad to give up something we love...but you're doing a really great thing by donating it to charity. My car is 12 years old and is starting to need a lot of repairs too. Just this month we put over $500 in it and I'm sure that as old as its getting theres lots more repairs to come. I haven't had a car payment for so long that I just can't make myself buy a different one yet. Hopefully you'll love your next car just as much!

Monique
December 19th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Pam, makes sense to give it to charity. Sorry you had to get rid of your ride.

GrammaBabs
December 19th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I know just how you feel,,,, my DH loves cars and when he sold his 1987 Bronco II,,, it was extremely hard... he even had me copy the "book" of maintence records... (of course he wanted it to go with the car)... can't tell you how many times we've been thru this... he just loves cars
ps.. we still have a 1979 Cougar XR7 (Bostonian Edition), which was the first new car he bought for me for my first full time job!!! I'm retired now!!! I don't really get it... but hey,,, don't anybody try to take my yarn and fabric stash.. or my 7 sewing machines... LOL
Just remember your Ford fondly and try to go forward.... hugs Barbara

CrazyMtnLady
December 19th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Sorry to hear your car had to go. I hope that you develop a love for your new one quickly. My DH is the same with motorcycles and his guns. He is so funny when he buys/sells/trades for a gun (which he does as an income) . He will get a gun home and then say he wants to keep it and then pouts because it sells at the next gun show... LOL

Bubby
December 19th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Any change is always an adjustment. Remember the good service your car gave you and go forward. I hope you are able to get a replacement vehicle soon so you can get to and from work. Hugs, Barb

quiltingtrish
December 19th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I believe I cried when I had to get rid of my little red Ford Pinto. She took me literally everywhere and halfway across and up and down the Country. Just me and her. We sure had some grand times together. I know how you feel. :(

Hugs,

Nena
December 19th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I know how you feel. A couple of years ago I had to sell my Durango. I was sad---I loved it and it was all mine. I wanted one for a long time and when I finally got it, I thought I was on top of the world.

debinmalaga
December 19th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I still miss a totally cool pick up truck I had back in the 90s. It was a 1975 Chevy stepside, and had big tires and a glass pack muffler on it :-). I loved that thing and hated to sell her. Oh well, it's better to have loved, and lost.... :)