PDA

View Full Version : I DID IT!

WendyI
September 22nd, 2016, 10:53 AM
I just re-enrolled and signed up for TWO courses for the winter 2017 term at the university where I work. Once I have these two under my belt, I will be able to pick a major and be an actual undergraduate student! At 50!

I just emailed the prof who is teaching the one course and asked if I could get a syllabus and the text title for the one course so I can get started! LOL!

meliswan
September 22nd, 2016, 11:10 AM
That is awesome, congratulations!!!

Hulamoon
September 22nd, 2016, 11:16 AM
How exciting! What is your major?

Bubby
September 22nd, 2016, 11:25 AM
Congratulations, Wendy!! Definitely a lot of work, but worth it.

jjkaiser
September 22nd, 2016, 11:30 AM
Congratulations! But where do you find the energy to work full time and take TWO classes! Hope you don't get too smart for us!!

Caroline T.
September 22nd, 2016, 11:37 AM
So proud of you!

laura44
September 22nd, 2016, 11:40 AM
You go girl! Congratulations!

Monique
September 22nd, 2016, 12:03 PM
Congratulations Wendy, good luck.

amartin24
September 22nd, 2016, 12:17 PM
That is Awesome Wendy! Never too old for Education!!

songbird857
September 22nd, 2016, 12:53 PM
You go girl!!! Proud of you :)

rebeccas-sewing
September 22nd, 2016, 12:56 PM
It's never too late, Wendy. I have one friend who is in her mid-fifties working on her undergrad. Another friend just received her PhD - also in her mid-fifties. You are to be commended for making the effort to continue your education. It's something no one can ever take away from you.

SallyO'Sews
September 22nd, 2016, 01:14 PM
So proud of you! Hope you enjoy every moment.

Sylvia H
September 22nd, 2016, 03:55 PM
That's great. I believe that continuous learning is one way to stay young. And my favorite saying (paraphrased): You will be "50" whether you take the courses or not. But if you take them, you will be 50 and more educated.

Grandma Nan
September 22nd, 2016, 04:09 PM
Good for you Wendy. It is a struggle by times but well worth it. I was almost fifty when I finished my undergraduate degree in Nursing and then went on to do my Masters in my after 50. You have be well organized but it sure is possible. You will never regret this move.

cv quilter
September 22nd, 2016, 04:10 PM
Congratulations, Wendy, and good luck! How exciting. You are to be commended. Keep us posted on your progress.

Cathy F
September 22nd, 2016, 04:26 PM
Congratulations Wendy!

Amarillo19
September 22nd, 2016, 04:32 PM
Congratulations Wendy. That's a wonderful step. Best of luck.
Ann

stationarymom
September 23rd, 2016, 02:21 AM
Good for you,I wish you the best of luck.

Snip Snip
September 23rd, 2016, 10:06 AM
You are over the hardest part. I know you will do well, and feel a lot of satisfaction. I didn't get my BS till I was 40, and they say 60 is the new 40, so you are early! Way to go!
(I was a single mom with a full time job, so I know it can be done)

SuzyQue
September 23rd, 2016, 03:16 PM
Yay! You go, girl!

Carlie Wolf
September 23rd, 2016, 03:30 PM
When I got my divorce back in the early 90's I signed up at the community college and started working toward an AA to use toward a BA. It is the very best thing I ever did and it did a tremendous amount for my self esteem. After the BA I continued onward and got my MA. I'm so proud of you! I think you will love it :-)

peggiep
September 23rd, 2016, 08:23 PM
Congratulations Wendy...I wish you all the best in your studies!

Kgrammiecaz
September 23rd, 2016, 08:48 PM
Really happy for you. You can do this. Make it fun too.

RockinLou
September 24th, 2016, 02:11 AM
Awesome!! I bet you will be one of the more responsible and trustworthy students around. There will be some learning curves, but that's what you're there for ;-) How cool!!

I need to take one more class to get my teaching license renewed and I can't decide what to do or where. I love continuing education, it will open doors for you in the long run. Go Wendy!!

WendyI
September 26th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Wow! Thanks everyone for all your well-wishes!! I'm so enthusiastic about starting these! Starting up my part-time job again to help pay for my text books! It's just editing and website maintenance so not much involved. As for where I find the time, I have NO life. My ex was my life...I had NO friends other than him. I was utterly alone. Then I met a bunch of women through the divorce support group I joined and the ones I got closest to are now all in long term relationships. So I don't do a lot at all after I get home from work and it's driving me insane! So I am very much looking forward to having my time occupied by something other than Facebook and world news!

Your support and encouragement means more than you know!! Love you all! xoxoxo