PDA

View Full Version : The last SUNDAY before Christmas

Monique
December 18th, 2011, 10:14 AM
7 more sleeps. We got all the shopping done yesterday.

I worked on the b & w quilt yesterday. Not sure if it will get done in time. ALMOST done.

Today I guess I will work at that quilt again.

I had a look at my mother's sewing machine yesterday. I think I can use it to try FMQ. That will have to wait until the new year. It is a Singer in a cabinet she bought back in the 60's. Works great though.

Ok apparently I have a new name "Stitching bitching". Hubby just called me that. It was said in fun just so you know.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Nena
December 18th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I have loving nick names from my family too---when I become focused and on a mission it seems to me I gather a few more names. That's ok---some of them really do fit.:D Thats great if you can use your mom's machine. I would have liked to use my mom's---but just not worth it. Wow---I can't believe that we only have a week be that we only have one more week before christmas. Seems like it comes faster and faster every year. I am looking forward to being able to just sit and sew on something that does not have a dead line. Oh well--tis the season. I think it is a good day to make sauce and meatballs.

Sandy Navas
December 18th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Nena, no spaghetti on the Christmas tree, okay?

I was planning a leisurely day of cleaning the house since I'm expecting family for lunch tomorrow. Then got up and realized this is Sunday and we have lunch with Mom at the nursing home. I need to get off my duff and get a casserole in the oven to take for the pot luck . . . always a day late and a dollar short.

I guess a lick and a spit and I'll do fine for family tomorrow.

Thinking of everyone, praying for those in need, and sending hugs to my bestest friends!!

ILove2quilt
December 18th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Today is my day off, so I'm washing clothes, doing dishs, putting clothes away and cleaning the house. What a day off. lol My nick name around here is the chicken lady. lol

Sandy Navas
December 18th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Well, I'm not telling my nickname. Don't want to embarrass anyone (ME!!).

oldgurl4
December 18th, 2011, 12:16 PM
:icon_surprised: :icon_rofl: :icon_hihi:NICK NAMES!!! Ha-Haaa-Haa

That is HILARIOUS!!
Didn't think of it that Way....Haa-ha-ha

~Monique~ Yeahhh and I'm Not Done Shopping YET!!!

I think We should Start a X-MAS COUNTDOWN when 5 Days are Left...
That would Be Fun!
Or Better Yet!!
A NEW YEARS COUNTDOWN
Which one's better?

Glad to see You already made a New Years Resolution.... and a FUN One Too....That's GR8!
Luv to see the Finished B&W Product one of these days.

~NENA~ Mmmmm..... That Sounds DELISH!!!!
I'll Bring the BAGETTE!
Tis the Season to Be JOLLY!!
:o Fa-La-La-La -laaaaaaa
Laaaaaa
Laaaaaaaa
Laaaaa
LA

You Having a POT-LUCK TOO! ~Sandy~
Here at Work It will be on Wednesday.
I plan to bring The Infamous and much Talked About.
Drum Roll....Please....
"4 Ingredient DUMP CAKE" Yeahhh as I Promised...
and a Green Bean Casserole.

There's about 60-70 of us sooooo I think I'm Okay.

well Enjoy Your Sunday Ladies!

TTYL

Kizzie
December 18th, 2011, 12:52 PM
gosh I cant believe its almost here!!!!

I love christmas and it will be Tillys first one yipppeee!!!

my hubbys nickname for me is PITA.... Pain in the A$$ :o) and his... well his boss gave it to him while he was looking after Matilda when I went in for surgery Daddy-Daycare ...ahaha I love it!

ahaah anyways I am going to be setting up my long arm today yippeeee soooo excited forget the hosuework forget the washing im going on strike for today to play !! :) Well.. I still have Tilly to keep my company...no wait.. DADDY DAY CAREE WHERE ARE YOUUUUU hehehe!

toggpine
December 18th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Morning!
I finished the pony for the birthday now to see if I can finish a few other things before Christmas hits. We aren't really doing anything big this year.
My husband gave me my Christmas present a little early. Yesterday he headed outside while Em & I were making cookies and started cleaning my barn! It really needed it and I was going to get to it after the Christmas Crazy had passed. I'll go out and finish it after I get home from church today. I'm not sure when the football game gets over, but if I'm not done by then he'll probably come out and help me finish. Nothing says "Merry Christmas! I love you honey!" like a wheelbarrow full of manure headed for the compost pile!
Em & I did get the sugar cookies made. I think we'll make peanut butter blossoms next. (The ones with a Hershey's kiss stuck in the middle.) I couldn't find spice drops yesterday so the thumbprints will have to wait, unless I want to fill the craters with jelly. This option sounds much less kid friendly.
I had better get going!
Hugs & prayers to all! Cathy

bakermom
December 18th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Extended family party today. everything is ready to go for an afternoon of good food and fun times. Our actual Christmas will be rather low key since all the kids are on their own. we will make the rounds to see the ones here. The ones with little ones don't have to pack them up and take them away from their gifts that way. Much easier on everyone. Gifts for the out of town kids are sent already so I'm in good shape. Just need to wrap the ones for here.

Sandy Navas
December 18th, 2011, 02:37 PM

I just wanted to prove that I have found the Christmas spirit and he helped decorate our tree overnight!

Divine Daisy
December 18th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Today i had planned to finish my table runners for Mother in Law and Sister in Law. We gave them their Christmas presents at the wedding to take home but it was my intention to send these in the post as an extra. Last guarentee'd post is tomorrow. But yesterday and today i seem to have totally ground to a halt. No energy, aching legs and just sooooo sleepy. Also on friday as i was FMQ my machine suddenly started to make loops on the back of the runner. Its never done that before so no idea why it started. However, after i had ripped the quilting out...not much fortunately because i noticed what it was doing, i just couldn't be bothered to investigate and fix it lol. So i switched off the light and closed the door! So i have one half quilted and the other not at all.....and guess what? i dont care!

I think my get up and go has just got up and gone, so i will forget extra christmas gifts and send them later. Mr Daisy seems to be doing better than me bless him. He went to archery yesterday, and did some computor fiddling...........no idea what he was doing but he fiddles with computor stuff all the time and it seems to make him happy. He goes into hosp on Jan 2nd for all this latest stuff to begin so i think he is making the most of this time. Also...he wasnt wearing killer heels at the wedding! I need to gather my wits though because I made him a big promise. Once he starts treatment, if he feels able to go to archery, i said i would go with him and be his runner. All this involves is walking the length of the field and digging his arrows out of the target. It is a long walk though and if he is tired he wont go because the walking is too much for him. So he will shoot and i will walk. Hey i will be just like a gun dog! Ha!

ok, the evening has fallen on Daisy World and his nibs bought a joint of beef yesterday. i took the hint and am making roast beef and yorkshire pudding for dinner tonight and for some reason its not cooking itself.........strange

debinmalaga
December 18th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Hello all, Christmas is pretty low key for us this year, just giving cash to our grown kids, made two totes before my sewing machine quit on me; one tote is for my boss and the other is for my mom - didn't get a pic of mom's yet, but here is boss's - it's small, I think it would make a great lunch bag. Coworkers are getting gift cards, and I'm done. Mike and I aren't exchanging this year, we just bought our little vacation house in West Virginia, made settlement the 8th and had some furnishing to do, so we've already spent enough for now! Will mail Mom's gift tomorrow, plenty of time for her to get it.

My daughter Paige will get home from college for one month, next Friday the 23rd. I can't wait to get her under my wing for a little while. She's very upset right now because Mike and I are considering moving to WV completely, and she's feeling abandoned. I have some soothing to do, and she's a very high strung, hyper, unsoothe-able person at times :-). Gone are the days when the anticipation of Christmas overshadowed everything else, and we could give her a joy in a brightly wrapped box.

Warmest wishes to everyone for a lovely holiday season. We're in full swing, for sure! I kind of envy you ladies still in the cookie and toy phase, but I also value the peace of quiet of my own. Sandy, I'm so glad you're feeling better, and Daisy, I LOVE YORKSHIRE PUDDING, and wish I was having dinner with you - authentic Yorkshire Yorkshire Pudding :-). I've been thinking of you and Mr Daisy, thanks for the update.