PDA

View Full Version : Had to talk till I was blue in my face...

bubba
September 19th, 2016, 10:24 PM
But I finally got MM to call in sick tonight. He is not feeling well from the last round and his voice is really messed up this week! Which means my tummy is queasy and I barely made it thru lunch and my throat feels icky, but it's not :(.

Finished all my sewing for the retreat and even made myself a little bag to hold my notions!!

Monique
September 19th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Aw poor you. Feel better soon both of you!

Kgrammiecaz
September 19th, 2016, 10:45 PM
Oh my. Glad you got him to stay home though. Feel better soon.

Simply Quilting
September 20th, 2016, 12:47 AM
Aww not fun for either one of you.

WendyI
September 20th, 2016, 10:34 AM
I think people having treatments want to just get on with life and not let this keep them down...can't blame him but he does have to care for himself too! Take care both of you! xox

MayinJerset
September 20th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Yesterday was Pirate Talk Day so it was OK if you used some while convincing MM to call in sick.

Bubby
September 20th, 2016, 11:42 AM
I hope you both feel better soon. Chemo is a cumulative thing....some treatments are harder than others. Praying for both of you. (((HUGS)))

bubba
September 20th, 2016, 02:54 PM
This is how I kind of tricked him. He takes a nap on his first night back. I went in and turned down his side of the bed, because I knew he was feeling like crap. He thanked me when he saw I had done that. I said I had something to thank him for too. He asked what. I told him I wanted to thank him for calling in sick.......he knew he had lost!

jjkaiser
September 20th, 2016, 04:15 PM
He probably thought he should go to work and that calling in is for wimps. Once he saw it was okay in your eyes you gave him the "permission" he needed to call in. Your psychology worked! Hope you are both feeling better very soon.

easyquilts
September 20th, 2016, 05:41 PM
Here's hoping you both feel much better very soon...

bubba
September 20th, 2016, 06:22 PM
He probably thought he should go to work and that calling in is for wimps. Once he saw it was okay in your eyes you gave him the "permission" he needed to call in. Your psychology worked! Hope you are both feeling better very soon.

He actually told me later he was going to go and then come home after a couple hours. He is salaried so can get away with it. He does, however, work about 25 minutes away, via the freeway, and I'd rather not think about him driving it when he is sick and tired.