PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night Owl - ever late for an important date?

Judy, USMC
September 19th, 2016, 01:55 AM
So here it is Sunday night and I'm still hooting at home. Was supposed to be in West Virginia ... but my plumbing didn't see it that way. On Sat I did dishes, 2 loads of laundry, and took a long shower. At 9pm Steve called from the bathroom that the toilet was almost overflowing when he flushed. Ran the tub and water wasn't draining. Checked the cleanout and it was full. So instead of leaving on the trip we waited for the plumber. (Did what he could - problem not solved - nobody home so problem will have to wait til we get back.)

Wanted to be there Wednesday for 1st day of the Bash (Thursday) now I'll be leaving first thing in the morning and get there Thurs evening.

Ever have a last minute problem ALMOST ruin your plans.

sewlucky
September 19th, 2016, 02:58 AM
Ugh Judy, plumbing problems are never fun! I hope the fix is easy and that your travels are uneventful.

I've been sick all weekend, mostly hanging out on the couch watching tv or napping. Not much accomplished, or at least not what I had in mind.

Terri

toggpine
September 19th, 2016, 03:11 AM
Sorry about your plumbing problems. Glad it didn't ruin your trip entirely.

Still slogging thorough the fair. Tomorrow is flip day. The FFA and 4-H kiddos will be headed home and the last round of open class animals will be on their way in starting Tues. Happiness and joy! Hopefully they will have pens set up for us by then. The superintendent and the barn manager are at odds over the floor plans. Not cool.

Must get some sleep, or I'm gonna be a zombie.

Simply Quilting
September 19th, 2016, 03:17 AM
Judy, plumbing problem are never fun. Years ago, I was getting ready for dd's birthday party when our plumbing decided to quit completely - the clay sewer line out to the street had fallen in. Packed up children, hubby, myself, birthday stuff and move the party to grandparents an hour away and move in with in-laws for a short time until the line could be fixed the following week.

I am glad that you will still be able to make it for at least some of the birthday bash. And of course, you will be there for the retreat.

Ugh, Terri. Your weekend sounds as much fun as what mine has been. I started not feeling the greatest on Wednesday and went to the doctor on Friday to be told that I have strep throat. The antibiotics did a number on my tummy and the throat pain continued to get worse until today. So not much has gotten accomplished this weekend. Good news is at least the 40 favors are done for the retreat. And sometime this week between all the various activities going on, I will be packing.

Travel safely Judy, feel better soon Terri.

Have a hoot of a night everyone :)

bubba
September 19th, 2016, 03:41 AM
I'm just headed to bed. Watched the Emmy's and I'm pretty sure Jimmy Kimmel got progressively drunker as the night went on.

On a side note, I have to cut the last five linings tomorrow and finish the last five things for the retreat!!! I will hit my goal of 50!! Of course, I may have to find a Laundromat when I bring a suitcase of dirty clothes, but my things will be sewn!

Doloris
September 19th, 2016, 04:22 AM
One year we were taking a trip to europe and the well pump kept running. Not good. This was 2 days before leaving. DH ususally fixed all that kind of thing so I told him to just shut all water off to the house and we could deal with it when we got back. Just about then DS 2 calls and says he is getting out of army and will be home tomorrow. This was one time we bit the bullet and just called someone. New well pump dropped down well, we were off to Europe and DS had water.

bubba
September 19th, 2016, 04:19 PM
The night before we left for Hawaii, the water thing in the fridge broke and started spewing water all over the kitchen. Glad it happened then instead of 24 hours later when it would have been running for three weeks!!

Doloris
September 19th, 2016, 04:24 PM
The night before we left for Hawaii, the water thing in the fridge broke and started spewing water all over the kitchen. Glad it happened then instead of 24 hours later when it would have been running for three weeks!!

that is why DH turns the water off to the house when we go on vacations.