PDA

View Full Version : New Update on Little Olive

Bubby
September 17th, 2016, 07:49 AM
Olive had her surgery yesterday afternoon and came through it fine. The surgery took two hours rather than the one hour he expected. I talked to him at supper time and Olive was resting comfortably but she was awake. They will keep her for 4-5 days at least so she can get IV antibiotics.

Dottie was a bit better yesterday. I had to run errands and I took her with me. For her to ride in the front seat by me made her super happy. She has mellowed out a little on the crying and she even accepted some roast beef and gravy for supper last night. She hasn't left my side since Olive has been gone.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and well wishes. We really have a lot of pet lovers on the forum that understand what we go through when one of our babies is sick.

Love & Hugs....Barb

CraftyJnet
September 17th, 2016, 07:58 AM
I'm so glad you posted an update. My prayers are with you all.

Lori63
September 17th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Glad to hear Olive came through surgery fine. Dottie will be so happy when Olive comes home...you should video her reaction!

Ginny B
September 17th, 2016, 08:38 AM
So happy that Olive came through surgery ok. I am glad Dottie showed interest in eating too. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

sew-what2015
September 17th, 2016, 08:39 AM
I am glad Olive did fine with surgery. I must have missed something. I read that she would have tests to check for cancer but didn't know she was having surgery.
Poor Dottie. She needs all that attention right now.
Our furbabies mean so much to us.

mischiefkat
September 17th, 2016, 08:50 AM
So glad Olive came through her surgery fine.Prayers for full recovery. Kathy

GrammaBabs
September 17th, 2016, 08:59 AM
Prayers for Olive.... love your stories about your fur babies....Hugs, GB

Sandy Navas
September 17th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Proves prayer works!! Hanging in there with you!!

Cathy F
September 17th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Barb, so relieved to hear Olive came through her surgery and glad to hear Dottie is eating again.

pcbatiks
September 17th, 2016, 10:35 AM
So glad to hear Olive did well with her surgery. I know you're relieved. Dottie might get used to wining and dining on roast beef and gravy. :D Happy that she is eating now. Give them a hug from us......their extended forum family.

Iris Girl
September 17th, 2016, 10:40 AM
So happy Olive has come through her surgery well. Glad Dottie is feeling better also.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 17th, 2016, 10:45 AM
I'm glad your little fur baby is on the mend! She'll be home and playing before you know it!

Angelia
September 17th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Yay for the good news!

Midge
September 17th, 2016, 12:49 PM
So glad to hear Olive will be on the mend now. Poor fur babies suffer so much when their pals aren't around. Glad Dottie decided roast beef was acceptable!

MRoy
September 17th, 2016, 12:56 PM
I'm glad to hear that Olive is doing well and that Dottie is adjusting too....I'm sure this makes you a happy camper!

Cool Breeze Quilter
September 17th, 2016, 01:39 PM
I'm glad that Olive is doing well. Dottie and all of you will be so happy when Olive get's home.

Navy Wife
September 17th, 2016, 01:58 PM
So glad to hear all is well.

MayinJerset
September 17th, 2016, 02:05 PM
Happy to hear you 3 gals are doing so well.

Cokie
September 17th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Happy to hear the good report! I popped in several times last night hoping for an update! I'm happy to hear Olive did well with her surgery and Dottie is doing better too. Olive should feel much better after she's all healed up. Thanks for sharing the good news.

peggiep
September 17th, 2016, 03:38 PM
So glad that Olive is recovering and that Dottie is eating again. Prayers for speeding healing so Olive can be back with her Mom and Dad and sister soon. Hugs

Monique
September 17th, 2016, 03:53 PM
That is good news. I know your furbabies are important to you!

sewbizzy
September 17th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Prayers were answered for Olive...I'm so glad she is on the mend...

JaniceR
September 17th, 2016, 07:35 PM
Barb, thank you for the update. I am so happy to hear Olive's surgery went well and that Dottie is eating!!

Such good news. I hope Olive will be home very soon and both Olive and Dottie will be happy and healthy for a very very long time to come!!

seaturtle
September 17th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Thanks for updating us. Glad to hear little Olive is doing better.

songbird857
September 17th, 2016, 09:46 PM
Ooohhh... Ditto on the idea of filming Dottie when Olive comes home!!!

WendyI
September 19th, 2016, 11:13 AM
so glad you got to visit Olive. Poor Dottie...they get so attached to each other don't they? I have been thinking about getting another small dog so that Otis has a companion...but I'm already so tied down with pets when I want to go anywhere.

Hopefully Olive can come home soon!