PDA

View Full Version : second treatment under the belt....

bubba
September 16th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Back home and he is sleeping already!

The nurses down there are so nice! They answer any question you ask, and I have lots of them! They especially liked when I told them all my 'symptoms'!!

While there, I got my flu shot. Now I have two sore shoulders...one from the shot and one from my fall!

pcbatiks
September 16th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Glad to hear MM had another one out of the way.

So......what did they recommend for your symptoms? :D

asta
September 16th, 2016, 07:22 PM
I was thinking about you guys today, hoping all would go well.

bubba
September 16th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Glad to hear MM had another one out of the way.

So......what did they recommend for your symptoms? :D

No....they shook their heads and laughed!

pcbatiks
September 16th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Well....the least they could have was suggest chocolate! :D

Grandma G
September 16th, 2016, 10:10 PM
I agree - chocolate seems to cure many things!! Glad the second is down. Is he still having hiccups?

Sandy Navas
September 16th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Sending good thoughts and a second on the chocolate suggestions!

KarenC
September 16th, 2016, 10:39 PM
Glad for the good news, all things considered. Praying for continued good results.

bubba
September 16th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Well, he seems to be doing just fine. His crazy wife, on the other hand, has a very upset stomach and does not feel well at all! It also tastes like I am sucking on a roll of tin foil :(

CraftySweetPeas
September 17th, 2016, 01:04 AM
Well, he seems to be doing just fine. His crazy wife, on the other hand, has a very upset stomach and does not feel well at all! It also tastes like I am sucking on a roll of tin foil :(

I'm thinking ear or sinus infection, sorry to say. Maybe upper respiratory infection...? I taste the same taste when I get sinus infections.

bubba
September 17th, 2016, 01:56 AM
Pretty sure it's my feeling sorry for him and I get sick and he doesn't!!! Last week once he started taking his good anti puke drugs, it stopped.

stationarymom
September 17th, 2016, 02:02 AM
I'm glad MM had no troubles today and you I was thinking sympathy side effects for you maybe?Do you get really anxious when he goes for his treatments or when you are going to be home with MM after his treatments?Maybe your stomach problem is excess acid gnawing at your stomach?I hope you feel better and MM continues to feel good.(Prayers)

bubba
September 17th, 2016, 02:15 AM
I'm glad MM had no troubles today and you I was thinking sympathy side effects for you maybe?Do you get really anxious when he goes for his treatments or when you are going to be home with MM after his treatments?Maybe your stomach problem is excess acid gnawing at your stomach?I hope you feel better and MM continues to feel good.(Prayers)

Honestly, I have been stressed since this started the end of July. So many mixed emotions! I don't want to leave next week, but he and the girls insist that I still go to the retreat. They have a whole time sheet/schedule worked out between them for taking care of him, and I know he will be fine, but I won't be here.

I'm fine at the treatments. I talk to him, the nurse, the other patients, and today even a doctor! I sit and read, I feed the nurses snacks. It's not till it's over and we are home that this sickness starts up. Maybe I need to move!

stationarymom
September 17th, 2016, 02:44 AM
sounds like you might be able to benefit from a antianxiety med or even something to block the excess acid. If you don't go to the retreat he will be unhappy and feel guilty about you being home.You can call home every day and check in with him and the girls.I went out to help my Mom and dad while my Mom was going through her treatments.She had leukemia and could have bleed to death if she cut herself,we were cooking supper together and she wanted to chop veg and I told her I should do it and she argued because she still wanted to be treated like the grown woman she was. So I backed down and let her have the knife it scared me to death but she was much happier.You can also tell MM's Dr that you will be away and you want to be notified of any problems by phone ,so you are not totally out of the loop.

jjkaiser
September 17th, 2016, 11:46 PM
You should go to the retreat, if you don't he will feel guilty for holding you back. Your daughters are probably a little scared but equally proud you have enough faith in them to handle things in your absence. It might just do you good to get away for a few days and you can keep your phone on 24/7.