PDA

View Full Version : Circles of Comfort Quilt For Grandson Jack

Amarillo19
September 15th, 2016, 12:40 PM
The quilt arrived while we were in Omaha visiting Jack and his family and was waiting for us when we got home Tuesday. It's SO beautiful. I'm shipping it out to Jack today. I know he'll treasure it. Thank you to all involved in making it.
Jack is doing great. He's in the hospital now getting his 2nd round of chemo and is expecting to go home this afternoon. Then in 3 weeks he'll get the next round.
He's lost his hair now but wears a hat and doesn't seem too upset about losing it. I think the family of adults around him are more upset about all of this than he is. When we were there we were all teary eyed but not around him. He was slim before all this but is even thinner now. However he eats well, so it's not a lack of appetite.
All this is so new to me; I don't know what to expect with the lymphoma.
We all appreciate the cards, prayers and thoughts through this trying time. It's helping more than you know.
Ann

Over40momma
September 15th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Ann, I am forever being amazed at the resilience and acceptance kids have when dealing with very difficult situations. Keeping you all in my prayers. :icon_hug:

songbird857
September 15th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Ann,
Definitely praying for good health for Jack :)

Sandy Navas
September 15th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Sending special hugs. The COC group is totally AWESOME!! Prayers continue. Thanks so much for the update.

jjkaiser
September 15th, 2016, 11:15 PM
It sounds like you are handling this all pretty well, especially Jack. I did not participate in the COC quilt but want to thank all of the people who donated their time and talents to make a quilt for Jack. He probably won't understand why ask these strangers made the quilt but I know it means something special to you. Continued hope for some good news following the chemo.

stationarymom
September 16th, 2016, 02:27 AM
I will be saying prayers for you and yours and hope Jack continues with his upbeat attitude that's half the battle right there.

WendyI
September 16th, 2016, 09:56 AM
I have been thinking of Jack often and hoping he is coping well. Kids are so resilient. Sending lots of warm wishes your way. xox

Amarillo19
September 16th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Thank you for all the kind wishes and thoughts. My daughter-in-law was overwhelmed at the cards and letters of support for Jack. This is truly a remarkable group. So glad I found you all.
Ann

JaniceR
September 16th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Ann, I am so thankful Jack is doing well and will pray that he continues getting better and better and for strength for you and your entire family.

Thank you so much for the update. I have been watching for an update and am very glad to see it and that he is doing well. Young people never cease to amaze me when dealing with hard times!! We can all learn something from them!

seaturtle
September 16th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Thankful to hear that Jack is taking this in stride and will continue to pray for your family.