PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

Ginny B
September 15th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Good morning all. I am tired this morning. Didn't sleep well. Got an e-mail and a document from the lawyer handling the sale of my parents house and, of course, it's in "legaleeze". Conference call with sis and brother last night and today I am formulating an e-mail with all of our questions (and there are many).

Looks like some fall weather is here today after a front came through last night with some much needed rain. I think I am ready for fall to arrive now. Looking forward to the crisp fall air and the awesome autumn colors.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Angelia
September 15th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Up way too early for me this morning--I see a nap in my future. :) I'm hoping to get things ready to quilt tomorrow, but right now, COFFEE!

mischiefkat
September 15th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Good Morning All,
Yesterday, our catechism group planned the Halloween/ All Saints Party the kids will have next month. They should have a good time....lots of activities.
Today, I'm doing some needed house cleaning. Just boring stuff I need to get done so I can sew all weekend.
Beginning to get envious of those of you who are having "hints" of fall weather. Woke up to fog here this am.
Hugs and prayers to everyone.... furbabies too. Have a good day. Kathy

Lori63
September 15th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Good morning all! Today is my day off and I have so many things to do I can't decide where to begin. Of course it has to start with checking the daily deal and the forum!

On Thursdays I have my 9 month old grandson so he keeps me busy. I need to start a flannel rag quilt for my best friend's daughter baby due the beginning of November. It's one of the from a pattern and will look like a caterpillar when done. I made a turtle one for my granddaughter and said never again, it was a pain! Of course when they asked if I would make a caterpillar for their baby, I couldn't say no. I've been putting it off so today is the day I starting cutting, that in its self will probably take a couple of days!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Mom23
September 15th, 2016, 09:42 AM
It's been a great start to my day. Went to Mass with hubby, coffee pot is empty and laundry is in the washer. Next, a great visit with friends and delivering Meals on Wheels. I only deliver once a month so I can really see the demise in some of my people from month to month.

Oh Happy Day! My husband leaves today for an 11 day hunting trip to Colorado. I love him dearly but I sure do love when he goes on his hunting trips. I love not having to cook meals, less laundry and no cleaning up after a messy person. There is a lot of sewing in my future!! It's the annual Corvette festival in Effingham this weekend so I don't plan on getting out of the house except to go to church. Traffic is always a nightmare and the stores and restaurants are full.

I'm heading out in a little bit to sew with friends at a local church. They meet every Thursday but it's been quite some time since I was able to attend. I'm not taking my machine as I have three quilts that need binding sewn down. It will be a good time to sit and visit.

Carlie Wolf
September 15th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your legal problems. Dealing with lawyers is so stressful. You're in my prayers.

MayinJerset
September 15th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Good Morning, Cool and crisp today, nice Fall day even if there aren't any leaves on the ground. Makes me want to do so many things but better concentrate on laundry so we enough cleans clothes to go out and enjoy the lovely day. Got to get BDay gift off to DGD Ben who turns 16 next week, getting his learners permit soon.

It's official, just received announcement that great grandson #6 has been named Tristan. His mom said at 3 months old he weighs 13 lbs, is a sweet easy baby and is already snuggling in the quilt I sent him.

songbird857
September 15th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Morning all...
This morning I've been pressing creases in my snowball blocks for the Prairie Flower blocks. I have also cut and marked the fabric to make HST's for the wedding quilt (lap/throw size). I will have a chain piecing party later ;) The pattern I'm using for the wedding quilt is Diamond Tread by Lee Heinrich. I'm doing it in shades of grey for the pieced blocks, and a light grey background. Very chic and modern.
I've got a bunch of music to go over for this weekend, plus all the usual stuff... have a great day all!

mischiefkat
September 15th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Lori63
Can I ask were you found a pattern for ragged critters? Kathy

WendyI
September 15th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Morning all. Fall is definitely in the air today but I am still in capris and flip flops! I just can't let go of summer! I am dreading winter this year so much. uhg. Tonight I is grocery night...looks like old mother hubbards in my place lately so must get it done....can you tell I don't like doing groceries! Have to buy water and do a huge water change on my fish tank. Then up to Liam's room to start reorganizing so we can fit a desk and chair in there for his computer. Gonna be a busy weekend but certainly not fun. uhg.

Sending love and hugs to all! xoxox

Bubby
September 15th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Morning Everyone,

No one slept at our house last night. Jeff and I ran into each other in the dark, both of us pacing. Dottie cried all night missing Olive. This morning she won't eat, just as she wouldn't last night. Waiting for the phone to ring with results of Olive's test.

We got the cooler weather as predicted but every raindrop passed to the north of us. We sure could have used the rain.

I'm doing a little sewing this morning trying to keep busy. A close co-worker of mine passed away yesterday of complications of a gastric by-pass she had a few years back. She was 61 and left a large family. Waiting to hear about the arrangements. We lost touch after I retired but she worked for me for several years at the prison. Prior to working for the State she was a professional clown. She loved to make everyone smile. RIP Debra.

Today is opening day of bow hunting season. Jeff is itching to get out there. I hope he can do it this year.

I'm off for now. Dottie is behind the sofa crying. I think a trip outdoors might be in order. Maybe she can find a frog to chase.

Wishing everyone a good day....with Hugs.

songbird857
September 15th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Morning Everyone,

No one slept at our house last night. Jeff and I ran into each other in the dark, both of us pacing. Dottie cried all night missing Olive. This morning she won't eat, just as she wouldn't last night. Waiting for the phone to ring with results of Olive's test.

We got the cooler weather as predicted but every raindrop passed to the north of us. We sure could have used the rain.

I'm doing a little sewing this morning trying to keep busy. A close co-worker of mine passed away yesterday of complications of a gastric by-pass she had a few years back. She was 61 and left a large family. Waiting to hear about the arrangements. We lost touch after I retired but she worked for me for several years at the prison. Prior to working for the State she was a professional clown. She loved to make everyone smile. RIP Debra.

Today is opening day of bow hunting season. Jeff is itching to get out there. I hope he can do it this year.

I'm off for now. Dottie is behind the sofa crying. I think a trip outdoors might be in order. Maybe she can find a frog to chase.

Wishing everyone a good day....with Hugs.
Thinking of you guys today :)

Granny Judy
September 15th, 2016, 01:14 PM
I am hoping that Olive can come home soon with UTI gone. Dottie seems like our Mocha after we lost her companion, Pepper. She still is acting different after a full year.

I'll be working in the sewing room quilting away on the Abuse Quilts I have Sandwiched. I just need to get my buns in there.. too many other distractions right now. The guy is here putting a new roof on our Utility shed.. the neighbor brought over some plants and the kitchen is a mess!! We have a midnight snacker who leaves evidence everywhere.

Hugs and prayers going out to all in need.

Over40momma
September 15th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Keeping prayers and good thoughts for all those in need. A truly autumn day here with cool temps, soft breeze and bright sunshine!! I truly love fall........now if it didn't mean winter coming. lol

My oldest daughter didn't have to work today, so we nipped out early and stocked up the fridge with all the fresh fruit and veggies for the coming week. She even made me a nice cup of coffee and lunch. Talk about being spoiled! :icon_kiss: Heading down to the basement soon to start laundry and work some more on my WIP quilts.

Have a great day everyone!

Simply Quilting
September 15th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Good Afternoon! This morning has not been a fun morning. The phone and internet have been messed up since Saturday. They were suppose to be fixed yesterday but still have not been. DH called today and they said they might get it fixed tomorrow. It is very frustrating as there are things that I need to get done on the internet but the internet will just drop for no reason. It could be a long afternoon.

Have a fantastic Thursday everyone :)

PatinValrico
September 15th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Hello everyone! Checking in late this afternoon with prayers for puppies and their humans. I have 3 Staffordshire Terriers and the biggest is the scaredy cat when the thunder rumbles. He is about 85 pounds and is in the foot well of my desk. He has his thunder shirt on and is sticking pretty close. They are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. Keep us posted, Bubby, we are here for you and yours.:icon_hug:

JCY
September 15th, 2016, 07:44 PM
I'm very late checking in at 4:30 p.m. I've been doing last min. vacuuming, cleaning in the bathroom, etc. DS comes tomorrow a.m. I baked DH's spelt bread today, since it would have been time to do it on the week-end, which I don't want to do with my son here. We'll be busy with other projects.

I saw my dentist this a.m. re: that dry socket following the molar extraction on the 6th. I think I've finally turned the corner; it's slowly healing. He packed it 2 times, but both times the packing fell out. The first time, it lasted over night until the next a.m. The 2nd time, it fell out only 3 hrs. later. Plus it tastes awful! Sort of heavy of cloves flavor. Did not mix well with my supper at all! The pain now is manageable with just Acetaminophen. No more Oxycodone is needed.

Yest. I got an older quilt top, a "Turning Twenty---Again" 45 x 45" size, sandwiched & pinned. I need to finish a sample sandwich & sew the binding strips together before I switch over to the walking foot on my DSM & baste the edges of the sandwich. Sewing & the Forum probably will take a back seat to DS's visit over the week-end. I hope everyone has a good week end.