PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Owl - eating seeds & nuts ?

Judy, USMC
September 15th, 2016, 02:36 AM
How are all the owls tonight? One doctor's visit down and one more to go. Figure if I spend money to get the van checked and ready for a trip I should do the same for myself. So far - so good. Nothing major standing in my way ... just a few (well actually a lot including no seeds or nuts) of diet restrictions. But I will work with the guidance.

So are there any specific foods that you doc has told you to stay away from? Or are you following a special diet? Seems everyone I've talked to so far is avoiding something ....

stationarymom
September 15th, 2016, 02:47 AM
All my Dr's say to stay away from anything with calories.I have trouble losing weight,I was on a liquid diet for 6 months before a surgery and only lost 10lbs.It's quiet as usual here.I hope you have fun at Missouri,I told my husband I want to go there someday he looked at me like I was crazy.

kimsophia
September 15th, 2016, 06:13 AM
Hoot hoot from a mixed up owl who is falling asleep at 4 in the afternoon...all is well here. DH needs some new pants so I went to eBay...I hope they'll fit well. We've both put on weight since we got married 22 years ago...but we haven't got any dietary restrictions. I am looking into "Bright Line Eating", which seems to be avoiding sugars and refined flours. I'm not sure how well I'd stick to that.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
September 15th, 2016, 07:58 AM
I am a person with very high cholesterol, which is inherided my motherīs familly, and from just 20 year I have to be carefull with fats, and some years ago I went egg allergy and some things made with egg but try to carry the best I can and occasionally I get out of the diet but very carefully,finally diet are attached to our lives are as normal and not miss them other things

MayinJerset
September 15th, 2016, 09:01 AM
I slept trough the night, no middle of the night potty calls! Waiting for coffee to be ready and thinking what I could have for breakfast.

Judy being on a low salt, low sugar and low carb diet doesn't leave too much to choose from. Yesterday I had a scrambled egg and 1 piece of whole wheat toast. This morning I might toast a piece of the low carb bread I bought. It's a good thing I don't have to restrict nuts and seeds because it's like a piece of cardboard and when I chew it I have a mouthful of seeds. One good thing about summer and early Fall is that there are plenty of fresh fruits and veggies to eat.

tsladaritz
September 15th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Oh I have entered the frustrating stage of watch everything you eat. I have never been a great eater but I also have never been very much of a snacker or indulger if that makes sense. Now I have diabetes and have to really watch the sugar (my weakness) as well as the carbs.

I have never liked veggies and have always made sure I had some anyway to eat more balanced. I also already knew to watch the carby veggies but he reminded me of that and told me 10 min of walking a day. The walking is my other downfall. I am not a fan of exercise. I have an elliptical and my idea is to get on it while watching tv. LOL

tsladaritz
September 15th, 2016, 01:44 PM
I slept trough the night, no middle of the night potty calls! Waiting for coffee to be ready and thinking what I could have for breakfast.

Judy being on a low salt, low sugar and low carb diet doesn't leave too much to choose from. Yesterday I had a scrambled egg and 1 piece of whole wheat toast. This morning I might toast a piece of the low carb bread I bought. It's a good thing I don't have to restrict nuts and seeds because it's like a piece of cardboard and when I chew it I have a mouthful of seeds. One good thing about summer and early Fall is that there are plenty of fresh fruits and veggies to eat.

Watch those low carb breads! Some of them have sugar hidden and are still way too high in carbs. I was on a no carb no sugar diet for a year to lose weight. (of course it found me again) I lost 47 pounds but ate no bread at all. I never realized how much bread I ate until I could have none. I had 1-2 eggs every morning and a piece of bacon.

Granny Judy
September 15th, 2016, 01:53 PM
I have acid reflux and have to watch out for spicey foods.. No caffeine. (ugh) I love my coffee, so I sneak a cup now and then.

No eating 2 hours b4 bedtime...lol. so I keep a big bottle of tums on hand and work out 'when' I'll be going to bed..not that I'll be able to sleep. I thank the Lord for giving us the person who invented Recliners!! I often fall asleep in mine.

My sleep habits are all messed up.. (that's a thyroid thing and whole other story)... at least no food restrictions with it.

PatinValrico
September 15th, 2016, 04:38 PM
I have to stay away from sweets and "anything white." Miss the fruits though.