PDA

View Full Version : Temp Job

phoots
December 17th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Back on November 8th, I started working a temporary job that I was told would last 2-3 weeks. I'm still working there but I've gone from full time to only a couple days a week. Last week I worked 2 days. This week I worked 3 days! I do love the job, but part time is hard on the finances...but A JOB IS A JOB!! At this point, any job is better than no job. I've been told that they might keep me until the end of the year!!!

Pam

HandsOffItsMine
December 17th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Way to go Pam, better some hours 'till you find the next assignment! Good luck!

quilter.martha
December 17th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Hang in there Pam! Hopefully soon some full time work will come your way. Praying it is so.

Loonwatcher
December 17th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Stick with it Pam. as you say a job is a job, so many folks don't have one. I'm sure a better job is just around the corner.

bec
December 17th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Even if it is a temp job, it could go into full time employment. I've had that happen to me before. Just work hard and let them know that if there's an opening for a permanent position that you would love to work there. They've seen you in action, so you will be on their minds and will have a better chance of getting a position than someone that they are not familiar with. Good Luck!

Beakkmom
December 17th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Pam, hang in there! We never know what the future holds, but know WHO holds the future.

Lin

Monique
December 17th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Best of luck Pam. Thinking of you.

MRoy
December 17th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Keep at it Pam and show them that they need you. Good luck!

BellasQuilts
December 17th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Pam, people appreciate hard work and dedication and a can do attitude. Sounds like you have all those qualities, so hopefully this part time will turn into a full time job for you in 2012!

meemeecyn
December 17th, 2011, 04:58 PM
One never knows 'what window will open when a door closes'!!!! Good luck, Pam. We're all rooting for you.
Cynthia

SuziC
December 17th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Good for you! It's nice when you actually like the job. Not everyone is that lucky. I hope they keep you after the New Year. Good thoughts coming your way. Happy Holidays!!!

Nena
December 17th, 2011, 11:29 PM
This is great Pam--keep up the good work. I know that they will see that you mean business and that you do love the job. I will keep this in my prayers for you. You never know how and when our prayers are answered.